Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, Corky said:

I agree, which is the price they pay for wanting the brand (hideous term) to grow. I can't help but feel that Klopp and others are going for the wrong people.

Oh yeah, I agree with that point. They can't have it both ways.

Maybe Liverpool shouldve forfeited the champions League this year. Wouldn't have to worry about what time the weekend fixture is then. 

Still not seen Klopp say when he thinks they should be playing given they play Ajax on Tuesday. I'd have sympathy if they were away last Wednesday but they weren't. 

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Well yeah. Why would people around the World wanna watch Burnley or Fulham? No disrespect intended, there's plenty of sides in the division who have good history that isn't gonna appeal to the glory hunting fans around the Country/the World who "support" Liverpool/Man City/Man Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal purely on the basis they're the biggest/best teams. 

There's a degree of chicken and egg though, Liverpool have been in the doldrums for decades but even during that time they've been on TV more than most. If you keep pushing something or someone in the media long and hard enough with unjustifiable superlatives it'll eventually stick. The more they show of these teams live the more material they have to continually put them on repeat as 'great games' as if they're the only teams that ever play great games.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Riyad turning Burnley inside out.  Two goals in the first 22'.

I'm sure he always turns up against Burnley.

Even for us I'm sure his first PL goals were against Burnley.

3 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

He'll just about survive. I get the feeling it's getting stale between him and Burnley but they won't sack him just yet. 

I don't see them sacking him even if they get flushed. He's pretty much part of the fabric of the club and they would struggle to find anyone decent coming in to get their lacklustre squad firing again.

BT usually have one match per weekend which is the 12.30pm Saturday. Obviously they'd rather have the large teams involved.

Somebody is going to have to give something up which in football, as we know, is extremely difficult to negotiate.

• Like 1

I would be embarrassed if BR kicked off like Klopp did today. The Big 6 want all the TV cash as well as picking the kick-off slots.  ASEAN Countries pay huge sums for the EPL TV rights so they have the right to this early kick-off slot as it is prime time for them.