urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Well it doesn't really work like that because two wrongs don't make a right.

Football is all over the place at the minute. Is that a clear foul or just accidental/clumsy? I feel like those sorts of things happens all the time in a game. We're gonna get to a point where VAR reviews everything. 

Either way, whatever people think, everything looks worse in slow motion which is a problem also because it's not played in slow motion.

It kinda does though because atleast we would have some consistency. 

The worst part about decisions like that is that there is that they are NOT given as often as they are. I don't think it was a penalty and would prefer incidents like that weren't given but at least if they were ALL given, you would know were you stood. 

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

VAR was supposed to be for the referee to say "I wasn't sure about that, can I have another look", no need for someone to be watching from afar, just have a screen for the on pitch ref to look at. It's the opposite though.

It’s not that .... the ref is doing the same job he always has ......... the var is supposed to let him know if he has made a huge cock up by not giving a pen or giving a pen or not/giving a foul when a goal has been scored ..... (plus red card incidents)

otherwise the var shouldn’t be getting involved - the on field ref call whether technically right or not is paramount .....we are on a slippery slope here to a disaster imo 

Actually thought Klopp handled himself well in that interview.

Weird penalty to concede, but in todays game every minor touch in the box is a pen. Football is in a sad place at the moment and the players do not help with their overreactions. 

Edited by Jonezy
2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

It kinda does though because atleast we would have some consistency. 

The worst part about decisions like that is that there is that they are NOT given as often as they are. I don't think it was a penalty and would prefer incidents like that weren't given but at least if they were ALL given, you would know were you stood. 

Well, no, because the "haha that's not a pen but it's funny because it's against a side who get a lot of cheap penalties" isn't what it's about and it isn't helping VAR/referees improve. 

However, I agree with your second line and kinda sums up what I think.

Klopp naming Chris Wilder and blaming him there was bang out of order.

Smaller clubs don't want the super rich to have an advantage.

Klopp can disagree with that stance, but blaming his woes on Chris Wilder and having a go at the interviewer because he doesn't like the match slot is not cricket.

He's just a bad loser.

• Like 2

Is there anyone in world football with more of a victim mentality than Liverpool and their fans?

Before someone inevitably misinterprets the above - I'm not talking about Hillsborough which was an obvious injustice.

• Like 4