Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

Good business for Leeds, I rate Meslier better than BPF to be honest. He commands his box well for a young GK. 

Yeah I think that Meslier looks decent. I didn't know he was only 20 (just looked on Wiki). I thought BPF was younger than 24 too.

15 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

I have an issue with this line of thought, not this post but all of them. Mahrez wanted to move, so what? He wanted to further his career, fair enough. I recall when he missed out on the transfer deadlines he didn’t actually refuse to play for us and in fact put in a decent shift inbetween transfer windows. Ok, some ‘reports’ of things he has said don’t paint him in a favourable light but I haven’t actually seen him make these comments so I take much of it with a headline writing pinch of salt. 

All in all I’m happy for the bloke, nice to see an ex-player doing well.

The problem wasnt wanting to move, it was what he did to prove his point.  The trip to the airport.  The disappearing act. 

Sure it didnt seem to cause an issue, but how long would that have lasted ?

How long before his antics grew thin with the other players ?  How long before they wanted out, just to get away from the situation ?

Where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

You're right.  You didnt actually see or hear him say those things.  You also didnt hear or see him deny any of those things.

Edited by marbles
  • Thanks 1

People still going on about Riyad. Jeez. He's a great player, we got 60m for him (which was 20m short tbf but still a large profit for a player that wanted to go), lets move on.

NBCSN just replayed Klopp's media appearance today.  Wow, he was acting like a bellend!

I don't have anything in particular against Klopp or Liverpool (as I missed the L'pool glory days), but Klopp didn't cover himself with glory in that interview.

9 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

So sky showing bielsa getting nominated for coach of the year along the others and just saying - shows what a great job he did last season. 
Utter rubbish!!!!! I’m sure a British coach wouldn’t had a look in. Can’t imagine a pulis or big Sam getting nominated. 

It's because other managers bang on about him. It must be. The love in the media have with him is strange.

He got a side promoted like hundreds of managers before him. Wilder did a more exceptional job than Bielsa last season.

• Like 2

The sooner Klopp ****s off to Madrid or something the better. The reason this league is so renowned is because it’s tougher than any of the others. 

Didn’t moan at all last season when they were winning did he. Like someone said above, like Trump. Hates losing but silent when things are going his way. 

The argument is so bad currently. Lineker summed it up. Footballers worried about pulling a hammy whilst key workers are working 12 hour days. Just not the time to be moaning like this. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

It's because other managers bang on about him. It must be. The love in the media have with him is strange.

He got a side promoted like hundreds of managers before him. Wilder did a more exceptional job than Bielsa last season.

I would imagine even in the European top leagues there are other managers as well as wilder who would of done a better job than bielsa last season. I just find it strange that no one seems to criticise him in the media. 
I was so angry when they interviewed brendan before we played them and the first question was - how do you stop a great side like Leeds? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I would imagine even in the European top leagues there are other managers as well as wilder who would of done a better job than bielsa last season. I just find it strange that no one seems to criticise him in the media. 
I was so angry when they interviewed brendan before we played them and the first question was - how do you stop a great side like Leeds? 

Agree.

Also I think Rodgers was angry with their approach that night. That's why he came out said it's probably just a "lucky" win, because he's a British manager, which I thought was great. 

Was such a strange night. It was Sky basically hoping we got beat.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

He did moan. He's complained about the schedule every season since he joined according to an article I read. 

When you're winning, people don't bring it up as much. But he was complaining last season at various points.

I think I was trying to provide some balance but didn’t really want to lol 

10 minutes ago, Corky said:

He did moan. He's complained about the schedule every season since he joined according to an article I read. 

When you're winning, people don't bring it up as much. But he was complaining last season at various points.

If I remember correctly, he didn't know the League Cup semifinal was over two legs in 15-16 until he won the QF -- and complained about it, only having been in the league 3 months.

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Agree.

Also I think Rodgers was angry with their approach that night. That's why he came out said it's probably just a "lucky" win, because he's a British manager, which I thought was great. 

Was such a strange night. It was Sky basically hoping we got beat.

Yes. Sky even brought out his biggest supporter - poch. Rodgers did look genuinely surprised by the first question. I think Rodgers handled it perfectly.