Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Well it doesn't really work like that because two wrongs don't make a right.

Football is all over the place at the minute. Is that a clear foul or just accidental/clumsy? I feel like those sorts of things happens all the time in a game. We're gonna get to a point where VAR reviews everything. 

Either way, whatever people think, everything looks worse in slow motion which is a problem also because it's not played in slow motion.

It kinda does though because atleast we would have some consistency. 

The worst part about decisions like that is that there is that they are NOT given as often as they are. I don't think it was a penalty and would prefer incidents like that weren't given but at least if they were ALL given, you would know were you stood. 

Des Kelly absolutely spot on- the way it will change is in the boardrooms. As I said in another thread earlier this week, nobody told the broadcasters to go away when they offered more money for more live games.

• Like 2

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

VAR was supposed to be for the referee to say "I wasn't sure about that, can I have another look", no need for someone to be watching from afar, just have a screen for the on pitch ref to look at. It's the opposite though.

It’s not that .... the ref is doing the same job he always has ......... the var is supposed to let him know if he has made a huge cock up by not giving a pen or giving a pen or not/giving a foul when a goal has been scored ..... (plus red card incidents)

otherwise the var shouldn’t be getting involved - the on field ref call whether technically right or not is paramount .....we are on a slippery slope here to a disaster imo 

Actually thought Klopp handled himself well in that interview.

Weird penalty to concede, but in todays game every minor touch in the box is a pen. Football is in a sad place at the moment and the players do not help with their overreactions. 

Edited by Jonezy

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

It kinda does though because atleast we would have some consistency. 

The worst part about decisions like that is that there is that they are NOT given as often as they are. I don't think it was a penalty and would prefer incidents like that weren't given but at least if they were ALL given, you would know were you stood. 

Well, no, because the "haha that's not a pen but it's funny because it's against a side who get a lot of cheap penalties" isn't what it's about and it isn't helping VAR/referees improve. 

However, I agree with your second line and kinda sums up what I think.

Klopp naming Chris Wilder and blaming him there was bang out of order.

Smaller clubs don't want the super rich to have an advantage.

Klopp can disagree with that stance, but blaming his woes on Chris Wilder and having a go at the interviewer because he doesn't like the match slot is not cricket.

He's just a bad loser.

• Like 2

Is there anyone in world football with more of a victim mentality than Liverpool and their fans?

Before someone inevitably misinterprets the above - I'm not talking about Hillsborough which was an obvious injustice.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Liverpool wouldn’t be the “massive club” without broadcasters pumping their shitty club into homes around the world. We’ve had tons of crap kick off times. Don’t hear Brendan moaning like whiny baby like Klopp 

lol what.

But like I've said before, it's mainly the big club managers that moan (Klopp/Pep/Ole) despite having the greatest resources yet the rest of us get on with it. They come into the league and want to start changing everything.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

Guest StevieLynex
8 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

After the Mané incident in the last minute against us at Anfield last season, Klopp has absolutely no right to question that penalty decision for Brighton.

Or Matip's imitation of the Haarlem Globetrotters last week, which the referee and VAR did not see

Just now, Nalis said:

Is there anyone in world football with more of a victim mentality than Liverpool and their fans?

Before someone inevitably misinterprets the above - I'm not talking about Hillsborough which was an obvious injustice.

Them and Celtic, who never see a setback without it being a conspiracy against them, are on a par.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

I really hope we can batter Liverpool at home this season. 

Me too but unlikely. We used to be their bogey team but nowadays I see so many teams giving them a game, whereas we always seem to go into our shell against them.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

lol what.

But like I've said before, it's mainly the big club managers that moan (Klopp/Pep/Ole) despite having the greatest resources yet the rest of us get on with it. They come into the league and want to start changing everything.

Obviously they'd be huge but the coverage around the world has pushed it to another level. I think it was @Cardiff_Fox who said that the 12.30pm Saturday match is prime time in parts of the world so naturally the top clubs will be in that slot more.

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

It's proper weird. The media treat them differently to other clubs. Look at the way we have to hear about their injuries all the time as if no other club suffers. Van Dijk is a massive loss but so was Laporte to Man City last season.

Media also seem to have a love in with Leeds and Bielsa atm.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

Obviously they'd be huge but the coverage around the world has pushed it to another level. I think it was @Cardiff_Fox who said that the 12.30pm Saturday match is prime time in parts of the world so naturally the top clubs will be in that slot more.

Well yeah. Why would people around the World wanna watch Burnley or Fulham? No disrespect intended. There's plenty of sides in the division who have good history but that isn't gonna appeal to the glory hunting fans around the Country/the World who "support" Liverpool/Man City/Man Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal purely on the basis they're the biggest/best teams and have the best players.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Well yeah. Why would people around the World wanna watch Burnley or Fulham? No disrespect intended. There's plenty of sides in the division who have good history but that isn't gonna appeal to the glory hunting fans around the Country/the World who "support" Liverpool/Man City/Man Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal purely on the basis they're the biggest/best teams and have the best players.

I agree, which is the price they pay for wanting the brand (hideous term) to grow. I can't help but feel that Klopp and others are going for the wrong people.

• Like 1