Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 0-2 Man Utd post match

Just now, Bert said:

Oh Brill we managed to stay in a game. How many points does that get you these days? 

So if we had lost 4-0 you'd be on here telling everyone you were happy we had a go? I'm sorry I don't believe you.

We had chances that we might have scored from, playing the way we did, there was nothing wrong with the tactics.

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Oh Brill we managed to stay in a game. How many points does that get you these days? 

At least 1 if you don't make silly mistakes :D 

I think we managed the game well, even if it was poor to watch by some standards. We'd restricted their front 3/4 players to 1 shot/clear opportunity (?) which was probably the main thing given how on form they are.

I think the longer it stayed 0-0 we probably had more of a chance to then throw everything at it later on in the game. Rather than lose the game by HT and not in any way be able to score 4 goals in the second half to overturn being hammered in the first half.

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

So if we had lost 4-0 you'd be on here telling everyone you were happy we had a go? I'm sorry I don't believe you.

We had chances that we might have scored from, playing the way we did, there was nothing wrong with the tactics.

If we’d have been positive and not hedged our bets. Yeah. What chances did we have? One that hit the bar. Otherwise De Gea had barely a save to make. 

Performance was woeful today and I think Rodgers bottled it because of what happened last week against Spurs on the break. however Man U have looked tired the past few games so he should have went for it. Our performance against Spurs was solid but defence was shocking and that was largely due to given the ball away (again) and Bennett being woeful... I understand the tactics last week and we looked good but this week Rodgers played a system that is alien to him as that performance showed, it shows how much quality we lack up front

• Like 1

Just now, Bert said:

So at best we could’ve only scored 3. Not one of them even came close to troubling De Gea. 

If we hadn't conceded, we only needed to score once.

It would have been the same players if we'd decided to go gung ho.

Bit worried about next season after the last 10 games to be honest.We just don't look like scoring today whatever the statistics might say. Confidence needs sorting asap or we will really struggle next season and we surely need 4 or 5 quality signings which is a big ask without Champions League money. 

I'm not sure if the tactics were right or wrong today in terms of holding United until the final quarter and using hard working defensive players.Watching United in the first half they looked below par and nervous so I would say it was too negative.Last week however we were too attacking and open against Spurs of course so there is a risk you stop playing to your strengths worrying about the opposition.I thought Perez was unlucky not to start he is creative and gets the odd goal although he divides opinion on this forum.United fans were worried about Barnes but he didn't get a starting place.How we lost 2-0 is still a bit of a mystery but you could say the same v Bournemouth and Spurs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

If we hadn't conceded, we only needed to score once.

It would have been the same players if we'd decided to go gung ho.

If my dad didn’t have balls... 

17 minutes ago, Bert said:

If we’d have been positive and not hedged our bets. Yeah. What chances did we have? One that hit the bar. Otherwise De Gea had barely a save to make. 

Vardy missed an absolute sitter that he got so badly it didn’t even go down as a shot, that’s 1-0 and Leicester in control, absolute sitter and an amazing cross from Thomas. 

4 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

Bit worried about next season after the last 10 games to be honest.We just don't look like scoring today whatever the statistics might say. Confidence needs sorting asap or we will really struggle next season and we surely need 4 or 5 quality signings which is a big ask without Champions League money. 

I'm not sure if the tactics were right or wrong today in terms of holding United until the final quarter and using hard working defensive players.Watching United in the first half they looked below par and nervous so I would say it was too negative.Last week however we were too attacking and open against Spurs of course so there is a risk you stop playing to your strengths worrying about the opposition.I thought Perez was unlucky not to start he is creative and gets the odd goal although he divides opinion on this forum.United fans were worried about Barnes but he didn't get a starting place.How we lost 2-0 is still a bit of a mystery but you could say the same v Bournemouth and Spurs.

We will have our 1st team back by then, the awful squad is the issue. 

8 minutes ago, Bert said:

So at best we could’ve only scored 3. Not one of them even came close to troubling De Gea. 

Barnes should have scored, Morgan embarrassingly missed the ball completely, Tilemans beat De Gea first half bit dragged it wide, vardy missed a sitter, so we didn’t test him as we can’t finish, same at spurs and same in so many games this season. Top teams score when they have the chance, we don’t 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

If my dad didn’t have balls... 

You wouldn't be here and this place would be worse for it.

It's no different from saying if we'd been more positive we'd have won, though.

33 minutes ago, Bert said:

Come on mate. Look at what happened vs Spurs when he went for it with a makeshift defence.

Rodgers tactics were spot on today. We just couldn't execute

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

I said before the game that I don't think Rodgers trusts Choudhury and that is why. He switches off and can be very sloppy in possession.

He could've played Praet who can get around the pitch and also use the ball better. Choudhury didn't have to start.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Are people really saying we bent over? 

We completely neutralised the best player in the league since the restart. Players like Justin today were superb considering their in experience. 

We had three good chances - you can bemoan Kelechi’s sub but he completely pissed two great chances up the wall. 

Mistakes were made at Bournemouth and Watford.

Maybe if we'd given him more service he would have got more than 23....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

We stayed in the game until the 67th minute, the game was over after half an hour against Spurs. I've got no complaints about the tactics.

Is that geuninely the best we can do though? Desperately try to hang in the game against the big clubs and hope to nick a late winner? These were there for the taking.

• Like 1

Just now, Ted Maul said:

Is that geuninely the best we can do though? Desperately try to hang in the game against the big clubs and hope to nick a late winner? These were there for the taking.

Don't think they've been beaten since January. You make it sound like it would have been easy.

• Like 3