Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 0-2 Man Utd post match

6 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Can’t fault the effort against an average Man U side, it was lack of quality that saw us defeated.

We need to clear out now the poor back up players if we want to do well in Europe and the league, as this squad has proved that they are not consistent enough to see out a full season just in the league.

Time to thank the long serving players that are no longer good enough, and those that are not in Rodgers plans now, and get off the books poor/ average players that are bleeding the wage bill, without being good enough to step in.

Rodgers seems to be looking, so can’t be arsed to comment on the seasons last whimper, come back next season stronger, which more talented players in reserve, and starting.

Oh and bye bye Maddison and chilwell, not in the know but I think we all know how that’s going, injured for the end of a season with only a 7 week break, very convenient 😂 

You think Madison had an operation just to trick us?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Corky said:

Phil McNulty on the BBC has given Fernandes Man of the Match- what the actual fvck? He was appalling, a penalty doesn't change that. Even Gary Neville was saying how poorly he was playing.

Pay our licence fee back, please.

Absolutely laughable. Even Gary Neville took his hands out of pants for a few minutes he was that bad.

25 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Were most of them really fouls, though,? Literally every dead ball into their area Atkinson couldn't wait to blow up for a foul. Most of the incidents were the kind of grappling and comings together you always see in the penalty area. 

So true. We mentioned this and it became pointless putting high balls into their box as ManU players just needed to lean into an attacker for Atkinson to blow for a foul. So predictable. 

29 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Were most of them really fouls, though,? Literally every dead ball into their area Atkinson couldn't wait to blow up for a foul. Most of the incidents were the kind of grappling and comings together you always see in the penalty area. 

Could not agree more. I was going mad. Lazy refereeing. 

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

You think Madison had an operation just to trick us?

I will be honest I’m on holiday and haven’t really kept up to date on player news, it was said in a joking way, but will be surprised to see them here next season.

Not that I’m overly fussed, if we get rumoured 80 mil Maddison, 60 mil chilwell I would sell them in a heartbeat, as both are good prospects, but nowhere near the ability to warrant that money, and may never be.

14 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

We blew it weeks ago really. Most spineless Leicester side compared to the talent I've seen.

Yep. Nine points in nine games after the restart says it all. Only Palace and the three relegated teams did worse.

Bottlers.

• Like 1

What annoys me is that they were there for the taking. We should have scored at least 2 before they had their "usual" penalty. We can talk about mistakes etc all we want but fact us that we have not been clinical. Nacho (actually thought he was decent overall) had a few chances and should have scored or passed, as did Vardy, Ndidi, Morgan, Albrighton. We can seem to shoot on target and as fundementals go that's one of the first. We've been like this since Dec and surely BR should have been getting them all to priorities shooting practice since then? Our biggest loss has been Vardys inability to score or make himself a nuisance like he was pre Xmas. Even today he seemed half arsed. We can say we had injuries but even with all those in the team we were bad at scoring around Jan/Feb. 

12 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I know Barnes has scored quite  a few goals this season  but he’s missed an awful lot of good chances too 

Quite often when he gets a whiff of goal his brain goes all Father Dougal 

4C79CEA6-A760-4288-87D3-5D387A7C2AF8.jpeg.c374e0c3ac3adab443cd7c351b5b191c.jpeg

Shouldn’t be starting every week, it’s to early, he’s not ready, great prospect but could do with not being relied on, rather used sparingly.

19 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I know Barnes has scored quite  a few goals this season  but he’s missed an awful lot of good chances too 

Quite often when he gets a whiff of goal his brain goes all Father Dougal 

4C79CEA6-A760-4288-87D3-5D387A7C2AF8.jpeg.c374e0c3ac3adab443cd7c351b5b191c.jpeg

Consistency will come with more playing experience. Barnes is the least of my concerns on this squad.

I can’t believe we chose to hedge our bets and then go for it after the 67th minute. We should’ve gone out all guns blazing, because for me at least that way we’d have gone down fighting. 

Very pedestrian. Didn’t look at all threatening I didn’t think, no passage to our play or anything. The game plan back fired and if you’re trying to keep it tight for 65/70 mins you always run the Risk if making the task harder than it is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bert said:

I can’t believe we chose to hedge our bets and then go for it after the 67th minute. We should’ve gone out all guns blazing, because for me at least that way we’d have gone down fighting. 

Very pedestrian. Didn’t look at all threatening I didn’t think, no passage to our play or anything. The game plan back fired and if you’re trying to keep it tight for 65/70 mins you always run the Risk if making the task harder than it is. 

Not sure about this mate. Was the right tactic in my opinion. They are a counter attacking team. Look at what happened vs spurs. We had the right plan, we just didn't take out chances, that simple. If we had someone who could actually shoot we'd have won that game 

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

I guarantee if we had and lost 3 or 4 nil, nobody would be saying they were glad we went down fighting.

Injuries were too much. We needed to beef up our scoring in the winter window. Ricardo + a real scorer instead of Perez would've been a nightmare and would've given us a real threat all over the pitch. 

Vardy is the wrong fit for this system. Need to have a good think about that. We are always a man down in the build-up bc he participates so infrequently. We aren't an exclusively counter-attacking team anymore.

Our hot streak was terrific, but that wasn't the real Leicester. Neither was this though. Would've loved to see Ricardo and Maddison on the field today. Losing arguably our two best players really hurt. 

Gutted, really.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I seriously don’t understand why people care we lost 2-0 instead of 1-0. It would have been even more heart breaking to have nicked an injury time equaliser ........

Kel’s wasn’t a pen .... if Atkinson gave that it would have been overturned.  There were no issues whatsoever today with the ref.  And shout out to wes - sorry I doubted you. 

Can't really complain about the pen or the sending off but the multiple free kicks for them for alleged fouls by us in their box I'm not sure about at all. By the end it became laughable.

• Like 3

Just now, vanity said:

Injuries were too much. We needed to beef up our scoring in the winter window. Ricardo + a real scorer instead of Perez would've been a nightmare and would've given us a real threat all over the pitch. 

Vardy is the wrong fit for this system. Need to have a good think about that. We are always a man down in the build-up bc he participates so infrequently. We aren't an exclusively counter-attacking team anymore.

Our hot streak was terrific, but that wasn't the real Leicester. Neither was this though. Would've loved to see Ricardo and Maddison on the field today. Losing arguably our two best players really hurt. 

Gutted, really.

Why wasn't the "hot streak" as you call it the real Leicester? We played exceptionally well and consistently and deserved to be where we were.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He was woeful today. Annoyed we didn’t take advantage of his early yellow or start screaming for a red card when he clearly pulled Kelechi back 

Not to mention his lunge through the back of Vardy in the second half when I think the score was 0-0. That could easily have been a second yellow. We still had their pants down for his transfer fee.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I guarantee if we had and lost 3 or 4 nil, nobody would be saying they were glad we went down fighting.

1-0 defeat or a 4-0 defeat when you NEED to win. What’s the difference? 

11 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Not sure about this mate. Was the right tactic in my opinion. They are a counter attacking team. Look at what happened vs spurs. We had the right plan, we just didn't take out chances, that simple. If we had someone who could actually shoot we'd have won that game 

Not for me. It was hedging our bets because there was no guarantee We would’ve scored had it have been 0-0 at the drinks break. 

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

We stayed in the game until the 67th minute, the game was over after half an hour against Spurs. I've got no complaints about the tactics.

Oh Brill we managed to stay in a game. How many points does that get you these days? 

• Haha 1