Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 0-2 Man Utd post match

8 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

We'll never know. All we can do now is wonder 'what if?' and know that the tactics we used weren't good enough.

I think the players we have aren’t good enough

Edited by Beechey

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

And if we'd been heavily beaten we'd be wondering "what if we hadn't been so gung ho"? It's all ifs buts and maybes. Nobody can say would have happened if we'd done X, Y or Z. I thought the tactics were right.

First half was fine. We knew Chelsea were 2-0 up at half time though, so why take off the one player who had looked like making something happen? Perez offered nothing and neither did we until it was too late- story of our last 6 months really, dodgy decisions and a lack of intent. And that doesn't mean throwing everyone up front and leaving ourselves exposed at the back, it's more about actually looking to take risks and create chances when we're in advanced positions rather than cutting back and taking the easy option every single time. 

Whether it's a tactical or mental thing, it needs sorting ASAFP.

17 minutes ago, Corky said:

He could've played Praet who can get around the pitch and also use the ball better. Choudhury didn't have to start.

Yeah, I would have started Praet. He may have tired, but I just don't trust Choudhury.

52 minutes ago, Webbo said:

And if we'd been heavily beaten we'd be wondering "what if we hadn't been so gung ho"? It's all ifs buts and maybes. Nobody can say would have happened if we'd done X, Y or Z. I thought the tactics were right.

Thank you for saying this. Jesua, almost feel for Brendan as he just can't win.

• Thanks 2

Breaking news...........

We weren't as good as we thought. Does that hurt? Yes? Good, means you care.  

Reality is the others over 38 matches were better and as a Leicester fan there should be no shame in that.

Yes, 14 points clear at one stage was huge and arguably you shouldnt surrender that but we did, we weren't a pedigree to romp home and ultimately we found our level at the end.

Embrace European football but more importantly embrace your local team being the 5th best in English football. That is something. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Objectively, 5th place is a great season, don’t get me wrong.

But at the same time, given the points lead we had, the failure to qualify for the Champions League has been nothing short of a disaster.

Huge questions need to be asked about our performances this calendar year, and there are some players that are nowhere near the level we want to be at.

Those players not at the required standard during the run in comprise the backups of backup players and the youth team.

Had Ricardo, Madison, Chillwell/Fuchs, and Calgar been available, we could have probably sealed the deal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Why wasn't the "hot streak" as you call it the real Leicester? We played exceptionally well and consistently and deserved to be where we were.

We've won 4 of 20 matches since Jan 2 (5-6-10 in the Prem in 2020 overall). 

We were held to 0 or 1 goal in 18 of our last 22 games. 

We never found our consistency after we were thrashed by Liverpool and Man City in December by an aggregate 7-1. 

The larger point is that our scoring output in 5 games made us look far more formidable than we were. We won games 5-0, 9-0, 3-0, 4-0, 4-1 against poor sides. Outside of those, we scored 43, conceded 41. That's pedestrian. We run it up against the sad sacks and that disguised our flaws. We need scoring, and featuring Vards isn't working. We need a different type of striker. 

Realistically, Europa is our level. Hate to say it, but it's true.

• Like 1

Praet should've started over Choudry imo.

Why bring Perez on for Kelechi when we are chasing the game? 

However, it should never have come down to needing a win. We've bottled it.

I honestly think the lead we've thrown away is criminal, its the biggest bottle ever.

The only saving grace is Jonny Evans' fantastic red card with his little smirk after.

We were not up to it on the day and it was lost months ago, so the game became a none event, we do seem to lack mental strength. With five main players out we were always going to struggle, any team would, they did what they could, alas it was not enough. Onward and upward, come on you Foxes.

Will be an interesting time over the break to see how we recruit, next season may hold a few surprises for us and other teams.

The FA are happy now they have Manure and Chelski in the Champions League, this is what they wanted from the begging of the season, VAR and 20 penalties made certain of that. The whole structure of the prem is orientated to the top 4 richest clubs, they don't want the other teams there, sad, but money makes the world go round.

37 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

We were not up to it on the day and it was lost months ago, so the game became a none event, we do seem to lack mental strength. With five main players out we were always going to struggle, any team would, they did what they could, alas it was not enough. Onward and upward, come on you Foxes.

Will be an interesting time over the break to see how we recruit, next season may hold a few surprises for us and other teams.

The FA are happy now they have Manure and Chelski in the Champions League, this is what they wanted from the begging of the season, VAR and 20 penalties made certain of that. The whole structure of the prem is orientated to the top 4 richest clubs, they don't want the other teams there, sad, but money makes the world go round.

You started off showing some decorum but ended up sounding more bitter than the lemon in my bitter lemon shandy bitter. 

Anyone else annoyed Rodgers spoke about 'getting to the last drinks break'?

Why not go for it early doors, try to get in front and then maybe shutting up shop instead of having a strategy of throwing the kitchen sink at them in the last 20 minutes?

Very strange attitude, and it's concerning he's almost grateful to be on level terms with these teams. I think it breeds an inferiority complex that we can't compete when it should be the opposite, at least give it a go and show no respect, even if you end up losing.

We tried our best but we just didn't look like scoring. Lost our heads at the end with Hamza's backpass, Schmeicel getting caught, Evans getting sent off. We've been hit with injuries to crucial players, and we've slipped down the table. The Bournemouth game was the worst point in the season for me. I knew we'd ruined our chances then. I've got mixed emotions today. Because it's actually been one of our best seasons in history, and yet it feels like a disappointment.

15 hours ago, Line-X said:

It seemed to go tits up in December, starting with the disappointing performance at home to Norwich - just after Brendan was awarded his new contract to fend off advances from Arsenal. Prior to that, it genuinely looked as though we were title challengers, staving off Man City and remaining in contention with Liverpool. I honestly think the way that we were dismantled at the Etihad and then a stubborn Brendan subsequently suicidally set us up for further humiliation at home to Liverpool on Boxing Day and astonishingly refused to make changes as his tactical naivety quickly unfolded. Since then, with the exception of Villa in the league it's been largely woeful.  We also blew two cup opportunities. I'll remember this season for the spectacular capitulation as opposed to the sublime football that we were playing throughout the first half of the season. And that's tragic.

There was even a thread on here debating whether this side was better that the title winning team of 2015-16. Technically, I still maintain that it is. In terms of fortitude and spirit, nowhere close. 

Strange that I feel so ambivalent and unenthusiastic about the prospect of Europa football, when qualification for the UEFA cup was such a massive event in 1997 and 2001. Perhaps it's our lack of depth, our current form and the toll that it can take on a domestic season. After all, there were no expectations back in the UEFA days. That's part of the problem...for the first time in the many, many years that I have been supporting this club, we have owners with genuine ambition. Perhaps then the media can finally bring themselves to refer to us as a top five club? When the Srivaddhanaprabha family stated that they would gatecrash the so called big six and transform us into a top five finishing club, they laughed. After 2016, it's hard to accept anything that can be remotely construed as a disappointing season. 

I/we should be grateful...but big changes are needed over the next seven weeks. 

:appl:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mapperleyfox said:

Why not go for it early doors, try to get in front and then maybe shutting up shop instead of having a strategy of throwing the kitchen sink at them in the last 20 minutes?

Very strange attitude, and it's concerning he's almost grateful to be on level terms with these teams. I think it breeds an inferiority complex that we can't compete when it should be the opposite, at least give it a go and show no respect, even if you end up losing.

Nope, gone for it in minute 1 & conceded it would have been 4, 5, 6 nil as they would have sat & picked us off on the counter.

Your suggested tactic of scoring 1 & then sitting for how ever long is not a good 1 & if he had done that you would have been slating him once we conceded.

& finally whilst the main objective was to get to the last break if all square before going banzai it wasn't combined with a seat deep with 10men behind until then, we actually had the better play & chances up to that point & if 0:0 after last break there was a good chance we would have done it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mapperleyfox said:

Watched us try and do that to Spurs. It was a defensive car crash 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Watched us try and do that to Spurs. It was

a defensive car crash 

He can't win at the moment. I get why people are annoyed with him and the team but anything he says or does is picked apart and used against him. If we'd have gone out yesterday guns blazing and tried to kill them in the first ten minutes against one of the best counter attacking teams in the league it'd be "typical naive Rodgers, can't adapt, too stubborn, not pragmatic enough."

• Like 4