Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 0-2 Man Utd post match

Fvck me you'd have thought we'd have just gone down today.

We played really well for 45-60 mins of the game, conceded a dodgy pen, and then struggled to get back into it. The team we put out was pretty rubbish due to injuries etc., it was a decent afternoon for us spoiled by a poor red and a keeper mistake when it no longer mattered.

There have been mistakes right across the team in the last 6 months, from manager to individual players and the collective. But it's not a disaster. They're problems that can be fixed.

Europa League football will toughen this bunch up. It's a great challenge for us and one we can do well in. Yes it's disappointing, but sit back and look back on what has been one of our greatest seasons in living memory. With a group of players that will only get better and mentally tougher into the future. And a group that will be added to with quality.

Cheers City, you've done us proud this season. Onwards to the next one.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Looking back, those back-to-back humiliations by Manchester City and Liverpool in December really wrecked us.

That was peak hype and we were genuinely being talked about as title challengers up to that point.

I always felt we never looked the same after that.

Those games definitely seemed to compound it but I think Norwich at home was the one that did us and killed some of the much needed arrogance we had. Expected to turn up and get three points, we were beating everyone LRAC - they did a job and we didn't quite have the same ruthlessness after that.

• Like 2

Just now, jeffschlupp said:

We played really well for 45-60 mins of the game, conceded a dodgy pen, and then struggled to get back into it. The team we put out was pretty rubbish due to injuries etc., it was a decent afternoon for us spoiled by a poor red and a keeper mistake when it no longer mattered.

There have been mistakes right across the team in the last 6 months, from manager to individual players and the collective. But it's not a disaster. They're problems that can be fixed.

Europa League football will toughen this bunch up. It's a great challenge for us and one we can do well in. Yes it's disappointing, but sit back and look back on what has been one of our greatest seasons in living memory. With a group of players that will only get better and mentally tougher into the future. And a group that will be added to with quality.

So being 1-0 down on 89 minutes was to that point a good day? 

21 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

14 point lead in January and we've missed out by 4 points.  There has never been a bottle job like this in Premier League history.

5 wins out of 18 in 2020.  A truly catastrophic run of form heading in to the new season in just six weeks.  How confident are we that Rodgers can pick us up from this?  Major questions need to be asked.  If this form continues he could be gone by October IMO.

Also questions for the owners, where was the investment in January as it was clear as day even then that our squad depth is horrible?  We surely need to scrap the sell-to-buy policy and get some depth and quality in.  

Sure we have to pay over the odds as it's always been difficult convincing players to move to the Leicester area but it's clear major investment is needed.

Man Utd lost an 8 point lead at the top of the league with 8 to play in 2012 to lose the title to their local rivals.

Liverpool lost to Chelsea and let a 3-0 lead slip against Palace to fail to win the title in 2014.

Think both of those were worse tbh.

Just now, Wet Trump said:

So being 1-0 down on 89 minutes was to that point a good day? 

Didn't say that, I said it was a decent performance. Given the chances we had there's not a lot else Rodgers could do.

Given investment in forward players, we put away 2 chances and win that game. We'll make those investments over the summer.

I'm struggling to make sense of it. I watched it in the pub and I don't always think I get the full picture but I thought we did ok today. It wasn't todays peformance that let us down. 

I cant be arsed to delve too much into it. Start of the season 5th would be fantastic but we've blew a great position, a position I can't see us getting again. We overachieved and been found out.

**** it, it's an important summer.  We can go either way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Man Utd lost an 8 point lead at the top of the league with 8 to play in 2012 to lose the title to their local rivals.

Liverpool lost to Chelsea and let a 3-0 lead slip against Palace to fail to win the title in 2014.

Think both of those were worse tbh.

Not to mention Newcastle's 12 point lead at the top in 96.

• Like 2

Have to agree that game was being managed pretty well until hamza gets robbed. His job is to protect our back like and lacked smarts and awareness in that situation. Was too easy and then what happens after well we should have known. How many times have we shot ourselves in the foot like that? Can’t pin all the blame on Rogers as he cannot rely on some of our players out there. Barnes should have buried that chance it’s unbelievable how many blinders he’s missed this season. Tally them all up and we wouldn’t even be in this position.

evans say no more just an accident waiting to happen sadly. With all his experience I expect better and kasper at the end just adds icing on the turd at the very end gifting lindgard of all players. Other than that we played well showed fight and stayed in the game. Lacking the ruthlessness. Lots to work on and fix in the pre season. I’m done here. What a Sunday!

Just now, Webbo said:

Maybe, I don't think it was cast iron.

That's kind of the point, give the ref a question (which is what it was) and for ManU it's a pen, for us it's not a pen'. And it's funny when the pundit on Sky points out that ManU scored via a pen' to hear the hyper defensiveness of ManU loyal sitting next to him. 

35 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Absolute garbage again.  This team needs ripping up and starting again.  European football next season is great, but without a significant overhaul that won't last long and the prem campaign will be a long and painful one. 

So the team needs an overhaul but European football is great? Which one is it? The bench needs an overhaul, that’s why we didn’t make champions league, the first 11 is amazing but the bench is awful

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, PickledRick said:

Unlucky lads. As a United fan I agree you deserved more from this game. But you've finished above Arsenal and Spurs, not to mention Wolves etc. It's Rodger's first full season and there is plenty of stars to turn to. You guys are in Europa League and it's still a worthy competition with some good revenues, plus Rodgers will be given a good excuse to spend well. There's plenty of positives even though it might not feel like it.

You must be partying down in Surrey.

22 minutes ago, katieakita said:

A 5th place finish a cup SF and QF our 2nd best league finish in around 55 years and we are disappointed. Missing 3 of the back 4 and madders is a major hit for us and doesn't it show. This is a bench mark though and next season we should be looking to improve on this. Was going to watch Forest in the play offs but cannot seem to see them listed   

..you just had to go there, didn't you!!!

6 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

I am just finding it so hard to be pleased with a season that we have been dogsh1te for half of...

1 minute ago, Cecchini1976 said:

So the team needs an overhaul but European football is great? Which one is it? The bench needs an overhaul, that’s why we didn’t make champions league, the first 11 is amazing but the bench is awful

European football is great but let's not paper over the cracks here.  We only have Europa to fall back on because the season didn't last longer.  The only way we have been going in the table since Christmas is down it.  

If you think that all of a sudden next season we will turn it on with with group of players and manager then fair play to you.  But over the last what.....21 league games, we've been in bottom 6 form.  That worries me because it can easily carry over to the next season. 

32 minutes ago, Corky said:

Points per game would've seen us in the top four but I'm glad we didn't say anything and got on with the job. 

Except we didn't, we've wasted a fantastic chance to secure this place- not today- but with insipid, spiritless performances against strugglers and calamitous decision making from experienced players.

They seem happy with 5th but they shouldn't be, 4th was in our grasp. I expect others to say back in your box, not our own manager though. I'm not convinced this is a happy camp at all.

Rodgers has a massive pre-season ahead. The club has a massive season ahead. It all seems too comfortable.

If you are a true winner, how could you be satisfy? Winners go out and try to win every game. If Brendon Rodgers was in charge in 2015-16, he may have told them to start dropping off in December and said well, 40 points is enough lads, let’s stop here and play some back passing, instead of let’s have some pizza and keep going and keep enjoying it.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hebangsthedrums said:

I am just finding it so hard to be pleased with a season that we have been dogsh1te for half of...

The form we had was never sustainable. We didn't have the depth nor the quality in certain areas to do so - and we certainly didn't have the mental resilience.

They will learn, they will grow, they will bounce back.

• Like 1

Bottle this now.

We we’re not the best team over 38 games that deserved CL football.

And its shit.

But grow a pair and clap your team - we did good with what we had to field.

And whilst the Utd team are weak at the back ... just take a look at their firm post lockdown.

Is it what it is.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, hejammy said:

So we get rid of Kasper because of his mistake? Or Evans for getting sent off? Or Vardy for being crap since restart 

If only it was just the one mistake. Kasper has been terrible with his distribution all season . That howler today and the one against Bournemouth cost us a CL place.