Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 0-2 Man Utd post match

At the end of the season the table doesn't lie.

Our first eleven is top  quality, but what we've seen is when  we lose a couple of players we look ordinary, particularly in creating chances.

I expected a tight game, but each team had 3 shots on target in the whole game, we scored none, they scored two.

Two more individual errors cost us a draw, but we didn't look like we were going to score if we played til midnight

Man utd bought fernandez in jnaurary and he's transformed them.
We thought we had enough depth and didn't strengthen, and we've been shown up in the second half of the season.

We've lost 3 players to injury, and both central  defenders to red cards.

i have Evans down as my player of the season as well

i want to be positive but it's such a disappointment.

37 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

We need a minimum of 5 new players. 
We’re not good enough and we’re going to be so stretched next season in that bullshît European competition. 

I'm with you on that. I'd rather not have Europa League. It's a shithouse competition having to travel to some far-flung places on a Thursday/Friday. It will hamstring us in the next PL season.

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9

We were pretty decent in the first half. Was quite proud watching it, tackles flying in (Albrighton in his own penalty area) and played with lots of grit and intelligence. Infact at half time I thought we'd possibly do it and go on to win the game.

The lack of intelligence in the second half however was a complete contrast. I think the way in which both of the two goals have been conceded shows the immaturity in our recent play. Conceding frankly goals that we should never be conceding. 

I think we've got to move a few players on in summer and buy some more established and decent players. There just isn't enough class in the squad especially from the fringe players. Thought Thomas played well also again today anyway. Brendan's substitutions baffled me again, taking off Nacho when you know you have to win, same for Tielemans. 

Not to worry, I normally would be fuming with the way we chucked that game away, but oh well. At least it gives me a reason to watch football on a Thursday next year. Happy summer everyone! It's been a weird season, have a few beers, get some sun (don't go Spain though) and look forward to September and when we sign Jack Grealish! :ph34r: (At least we can watch Man Utd get battered by Barca next season anyway lads) 

Man Utd have looked jaded last 2 games and there manager comes out and says we will be raring to go and energetic.

Solskjaer knew his team was on empty, and yes first half granted we kept it tight and looked threatening, 2nd half was when Brendan completely lost it, Chelsea was winning, and we had 45 minutes to treat it like a cup tie, this is where he failed 

Defend Rodgers all you like but he blew it,    we had a great chance to get to the CL, but our negative tactically inept manager blew it 

5 minutes ago, Nick said:

Bottle this now.

We we’re not the best team over 38 games that deserved CL football.

And its shit.

But grow a pair and clap your team - we did good with what we had to field.

And whilst the Utd team are weak at the back ... just take a look at their firm post lockdown.

Is it what it is.

Yes, it is.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

European football is great but let's not paper over the cracks here.  We only have Europa to fall back on because the season didn't last longer.  The only way we have been going in the table since Christmas is down it.  

If you think that all of a sudden next season we will turn it on with with group of players and manager then fair play to you.  But over the last what.....21 league games, we've been in bottom 6 form.  That worries me because it can easily carry over to the next season. 

Of course the season doesnt last longer, you can only play 38 games, which we did enough in to finish 5th

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Totally agree. 

If you didn’t know the outcome and watched the two challenges on Iheanacho and Martial in the box you’d say Iheanacho’s was the one given. 

Unbelievable, really.

Er, no.

6 minutes ago, TRAD-DAD said:

If only it was just the one mistake. Kasper has been terrible with his distribution all season . That howler today and the one against Bournemouth cost us a CL place. 

My point was with the chap or said hamza should get binned because of his mistake.

But yes Kasper has made mistakes but also has kept us in the game and gained us points over the season. 

2 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

The form we had was never sustainable. We didn't have the depth nor the quality in certain areas to do so - and we certainly didn't have the mental resilience.

They will learn, they will grow, they will bounce back.

I get that, and a drop off was obvious, but this has been a disgrace.

5 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Evans and especially Morgan gave the ref no chance but to give the pen

You'd think they would both have had the experience not to do do what they did and let KS make the challenge.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

You'd think they would both have had the experience not to do do what they did and let KS make the challenge.

And when Martial scored everyone would have been on here saying 'why didn't Evans or Morgan make a tackle'

• Like 1

Guest bennytwohats

Strange end to the season. Hard not to feel disappointed with the second half of the season, and giving up our strong position. However when the dust settles I hope the majority of us can see the positives in a 5th placed finish. Clearly some work to do, and some reinforcements to arrive, but we are a young team, and so the kind of inconsistency we have shown is par for the course. Not in recent memory, but we can look back on the highlights of this season as some of the best football I've ever seen from a Leicester team as well. Hopefully we can take a rest and come back on a positive next season.

I'd be lying if I said I don't feel relieved that it's over as well in a lot of ways, it's been quite a stressful few weeks as far as football is concerned.

1 minute ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I refuse to get angry. We did okay today. Better than my fears. We were just short of that cutting edge. Lockdown didn't help us at all. But overrall  this was a good season.

Which should have been better given where we were in May. We just fell apart. 21 games with 6 wins since Christmas, I think it is.

It's a good season in that we were never in a relegation battle nor were we a nondescript mid-table club. It's not good because we should have been playing CL next season because that's what we had within our grasp and we let it slip.

5 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

And when Martial scored everyone would have been on here saying 'why didn't Evans or Morgan make a tackle'

They didn't make the tackle though, they fouled Martial and conceded a penalty. 

11 minutes ago, TRAD-DAD said:

If only it was just the one mistake. Kasper has been terrible with his distribution all season . That howler today and the one against Bournemouth cost us a CL place. 

...not too sure where you are coming from.with this!!!

At one nil down, we still needed to score two goals.

His error was very late in the game as we were playing extra time.

• Like 1

Massive missed opportunity. Cant see chelsea, man united, arsenal or tottenham being as bad as they have been this season. Probably the best chance we will get at CL football and we have blown it.  Bottled the season 

• Sad 1

Just now, adam said:

Massive missed opportunity. Cant see chelsea, man united, arsenal or tottenham being as bad as they have been this season. Probably the best chance we will get at CL football and we have blown it.  Bottled the season 

Absolutely, this was our chance, we blew it.  We are mid table stuff.

• Sad 1

The worst part of that was that it was about 1 minute after I thought 'we can do this' that the mistake happened. 

Individual errors have cost us so badly post-lockdown. I thought Man U were absolutely shit today, they didn't deserve it.

• Like 4