Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 0-2 Man Utd post match

I'm not angry and actually I'm not disappointed either because I never for a second expected any other outcome. 14 points clear and we've finished 4 behind them, genuinely remarkable.

No complaints about the penalty or the red card. I dread to think what Evans spent the break doing. Still don't really see what Choudhury offers aside from the occasional big tackle and not convinced he will ever be good enough for this level. Barnes' finishing is mystifyingly bad at times, got the composure of a cocaine addict. Schmeichel wants to give his head a shake after Bournemouth and today, as does anyone seriously looking to blame referees or some conspiracy for the fact we've contrived to mastermind an eighteen point swing away from us.

I'm sure the Europa will be a good laugh playing against teams of Eastern European turnip farmers in a 33% full stadium.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Poznan34 said:

Some morbid curiosity, when was the last time (before this season) we properly bottled something?

I remember under Sven we looked like we had the momentum to end up with a play off place then didn't. But long time indeed since we blew something of a certainty

1 minute ago, Crashtoasted said:

All I can say is stay off social media. We arent relevant until we bottle it apparently lol

I made the point the other week, we've done our fair share of pointing and laughing at others when they 'bottle it'.

We've bottled it, you can't say anything else.

Man Utd were poor today but once again we fluffed our lines when it mattered although I realise with a patched up team.

We have some real talent in our first choice eleven but we don't have enough real quality in the squad.I just hope the lack of CL football doesn't turn the heads of our top players.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I made the point the other week, we've done our fair share of pointing and laughing at others when they 'bottle it'.

We've bottled it, you can't say anything else.

Mate I completely agree. Bottle jobs etc whatever you want to call it I’m happy to accept it. The question is why are we only worth any attention when we **** it up? Not when we win 8 in a row? Anyway roll on Europa I’ll be there.

Just now, pmcla26 said:

You really believe the pen was less contentious than Iheanacho’s?

I look at it this way; if the Man U penalty had been Maguire and Lindelof on Vardy and it hadn't been given I would have been apoplectic. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

The worst part of that was that it was about 1 minute after I thought 'we can do this' that the mistake happened. 

Individual errors have cost us so badly post-lockdown. I thought Man U were absolutely shit today, they didn't deserve it.

And we did? We had to score against them and - par for the course - barely tested their woefully out of form keeper. They were rubbish but they didn’t gift us two goals. We deserved nothing.

8 minutes ago, TK95 said:

I remember under Sven we looked like we had the momentum to end up with a play off place then didn't. But long time indeed since we blew something of a certainty

2012/13 season. bottled automatic promotion and dropped like a stone after christmas. similar to this season from what i remember

The squad, as a collective, ought to be ashamed of themselves for dropping out of the top 4 in that fashion. They've let themselves down, they've let the fans down and they've let Vichai down. You can stick the Europa league as far as i'm concerned, its a runner up prize, a ****ing consolidation award. We don't deserve that either. I'm not sure what i'm more embarrassed about, the fact we've lost grip on that good of a position or that we conceded a goal by Jesse Lingard. We'd actually be better off with a ghost in goal than Kasper, he's lost the plot and finished for me. I've took aim at Bennett previously but Evans has been diabolical since lockdown, he can go as well. 2020 has been a shambles and i'll be glad to see the back of it. Cheers boys i'll see you in a few weeks.

Edited by Trelleh
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

European football is great but let's not paper over the cracks here.  We only have Europa to fall back on because the season didn't last longer.  The only way we have been going in the table since Christmas is down it.  

If you think that all of a sudden next season we will turn it on with with group of players and manager then fair play to you.  But over the last what.....21 league games, we've been in bottom 6 form.  That worries me because it can easily carry over to the next season. 

Let’s be honest, 5th is amazing, yes it’s disappointing because of our start to the season, but did you really believe we could he as good with main players being injured? 1st 11 all playing and on form we are amazing, but lose and is in January, form drops, get him back and lose periera, chilwell, maddison, then Cags through suspension and other players carrying knocks, did you think we could still compete? Our squad is shocking, and the dip

in form

is down to injurys and a young team, so yeah I am really annoyed to not get in the top 4, but delighted to be in the top 6. All depends on expectations I suppose,  I’ve been going to watch leicester for 40 years, so finishing 5th is the second best finish in my lifetime. How about you? You seen leicester finish better than we have more than once in your lifetime?

We've bounced back from worse disappointments. Let's hope these lads have the mentality to put it right next season.

Glad the season is over in truth and glad to be rid of football for a little while. It's been shit since we've been back lol

European football and hopefully a few quality signings through the door. Let's have it

24 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not too sure where you are coming from.with this!!!

At one nil down, we still needed to score two goals.

His error was very late in the game as we were playing extra time.

I seriously don’t understand why people care we lost 2-0 instead of 1-0. It would have been even more heart breaking to have nicked an injury time equaliser ........

19 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

You really believe the pen was less contentious than Iheanacho’s?

Kel’s wasn’t a pen .... if Atkinson gave that it would have been overturned.  There were no issues whatsoever today with the ref.  And shout out to wes - sorry I doubted you. 

1 hour ago, Fightforever said:

Youth acedemy doesn't produce good enough players for this level. Barnes won't ever be composed enough. Choudhury isn't any good on the ball.

Chilwell is alright.

Its to early to say for thomas.

Compare it to united or arsenals youth set up and we aren't up to scratch

They've got scouts all over the country and poach the best talent from smaller teams' academies. It's no wonder they 'produce' so much talent. 

Wasn’t expecting us to win, still gutted tho few games we should have seen off though the season but let ourselves down could have been well ahead of them by this game. Good to get to Europe tho I am sure we will do well with a few extra signings in the window. On the whole good season just a shame about the ending 

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

After watching evans in the last 8 games he needs replacing as first choice - every single corner today he fouled someone and hes looked incredibly shaky.

His frustration has built as the season has progressed for me. Got more and more drawn into desperate challenges. Tbf to him, a bloke of his age and injury record will never had this amount of games in a short space of time