Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 0-2 Man Utd post match

51 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I'm with you on that. I'd rather not have Europa League. It's a shithouse competition having to travel to some far-flung places on a Thursday/Friday. It will hamstring us in the next PL season.

We could have drawn Astana or Zenit or Lokomotiv Moscow in CL, played on a Wednesday evening and then have a Saturday fixture. Exactly same time frame. 

The same challenge would have faced us in the CL

• Like 1

Great first half of the season, needed strengthening in January as we were beginning to struggle in December. It was a mistake by the club not to strengthen then and that came back to bite us in the end. Let's hope they get the recruitment right in the next few weeks for next season, onwards and upwards. 

• Like 2

Very impressed with Justin and Thomas today.

Had resigned myself to a 1-0 defeat. I know that Kasper's f**k up at the end didn't change the result but still ... it really pissed me off.

At least Villa stayed up - 6 points on the board for next season straight away!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I seriously don’t understand why people care we lost 2-0 instead of 1-0. It would have been even more heart breaking to have nicked an injury time equaliser ........

Kel’s wasn’t a pen .... if Atkinson gave that it would have been overturned.  There were no issues whatsoever today with the ref.  And shout out to wes - sorry I doubted you. 

..I was responding to a post suggesting that Kaspers' error  late on was the reason we are not in the Champions League!!!

3 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Maguire is ****ing shit.

He really is. Going to get eaten alive in the CL next season. Nervy as shit and living off the hype of being ‘good on the ball’. Really he’s just a big lump who’s good in the air. 

• Like 2

Just now, nettle said:

Great first half of the season, needed strengthening in January as we were beginning to struggle in December. It was a mistake by the club not to strengthen then and that came back to bite us in the end. Let's hope they get the recruitment right in the next few weeks for next season, onwards and upwards. 

I have said this, but then you have to think unless you are spending ridiculous amounts you wouldn’t get the needed quality either 

1 hour ago, Shamomoa said:

no the point is against a team like united get it to 0-0 till a decent time then throw ur attackers on and try get the goal but it just didn't happen!

Cos we gifted them the lead just before the drinks break where he planned to up the ante by bringing on Gray and Barnes. Such a shame that Hamza did what he did at that point. Thought Gray actually looked sharp when he came on - he's been way better than Barnes since the restart, which perhaps says everything about Barnes' form over the last few weeks. That miss just after their first goal summed up things for him recently. Desperately need to sign at least one quality winger this summer.

Finally, just want to say a big well done to James Justin. Thought he was absolutely superb as a right sided CB. Thomas was decent too.

But I'm concerned about next season. With it restarting so soon, we could be without several key players, including Evans, Ricardo, Maddison and Chilwell when it all begins again. A big summer ahead for Brendan and Top.......

• Like 1

Kasper the friendly goalkeeper.  It happens, usually in the last minute or so, move on.  Should have scored a few, again, but, hey ho, that's all part of the "I support Leicester City", cross that we, willingly, bear.  Got some good young fellas all over the park.  Should make 40 points so, roll on next season.

39 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

Some morbid curiosity, when was the last time (before this season) we properly bottled something?

..last season, and the season before that!!!

We have had opportunities to get into Europe and had failed to qualify as our performances had tailed off.

We have finished a couple of points away from not qualifying three years on the trot.

5 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I have said this, but then you have to think unless you are spending ridiculous amounts you wouldn’t get the needed quality either 

Even a little bit of quality would've helped but when you think about some of the players we don't use i.e Silva, Slimani Ghezzel and Benkovic and how much they cost no wonder we couldn't strengthen. 

1 hour ago, Thefoxman said:

Anyone else think its a total waste of time Johnny Evans going up for corners & free kicks as just ends causing a foul every single time! 

Were most of them really fouls, though,? Literally every dead ball into their area Atkinson couldn't wait to blow up for a foul. Most of the incidents were the kind of grappling and comings together you always see in the penalty area. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Corky said:

Phil McNulty on the BBC has given Fernandes Man of the Match- what the actual fvck? He was appalling, a penalty doesn't change that. Even Gary Neville was saying how poorly he was playing.

Pay our licence fee back, please.

Justin for me.

Reckon that's his spot in the team if we're going to continue with a 3-5-2 (although I hope we don't).

He was perfect.

We are a rich man's Brighton, place nice stuff but really toothles.  But worse still we make basic mistakes.

Our manager makes basic fook ups such as the Brighton match where we play 2 CDM's.

Overall we deserved what we got, we made.Man.U look like top 4.

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

So it ends in disappointment.

We did not deserve to lose that game.

We had chances. They get a penalty, but we got not very much at all.  We tried to hold the line and have a go at the end.

Then Kasper had a brain fart.

Many of our younger players have had game time and the future is bright.

Screw the biased broadcasters, btw.

Tbf! Kasper , much as he had made fantastic saves ( it has to be said ) through the season .. his distribution is piss poor , I mean piss poor he and the goalkeeping coach as in stowell I assume need to work in that , cos all season long it has been woeful ( I’m not having a go at is goalkeeping wxpouya ok .. just his appauling distribution we say it every home game , it’s awful 

25 minutes ago, Corky said:

Phil McNulty on the BBC has given Fernandes Man of the Match- what the actual fvck? He was appalling, a penalty doesn't change that. Even Gary Neville was saying how poorly he was playing.

typical lazy journalism. just look at what's on a pen and paper rather than the actual game

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Corky said:

Please tell me you're having us on? 

Fernandes did nothing minus the penalty, was managed out of the game. JJ should be up there for me.

14 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Maguire is ****ing shit.

... but will be playing in the Champions League next season.

Unlike his replacement who stupidly missed the last three games through suspension when we needed him most.

It’s life that is ****ing shit.

Can’t fault the effort against an average Man U side, it was lack of quality that saw us defeated.

We need to clear out now the poor back up players if we want to do well in Europe and the league, as this squad has proved that they are not consistent enough to see out a full season just in the league.

Time to thank the long serving players that are no longer good enough, and those that are not in Rodgers plans now, and get off the books poor/ average players that are bleeding the wage bill, without being good enough to step in.

Rodgers seems to be looking, so can’t be arsed to comment on the seasons last whimper, come back next season stronger, which more talented players in reserve, and starting.

Oh and bye bye Maddison and chilwell, not in the know but I think we all know how that’s going, injured for the end of a season with only a 7 week break, very convenient 😂