Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

49 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

image.png.63342e9c70ff380c399f254a423547bf.png

That'd be a really difficult group, could be argued possibly CL level.

Each to their own of course but I'd always favour the easiest group possible.

A lot of Celtic fans are the same in the CL with wanting glamour ties but I'm the opposite, I don't enjoy watching us getting spanked lol

Not saying Leicester would get spanked in that group of course but it's conceivable you may not get out of it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

Love the look of this competition this year I have to say.

We should be going all guns blazing into this.

Agreed, it's got a lot better in the last few years in terms of the standard of clubs and in a normal year there is the opportunity to go on some great trips to great places.

I've made peace with the fact that we (Celtic) are en EL club and no longer a CL club despite the former being less glamorous and less financially lucrative than the CL. The concept of getting utterly spanked by the elite clubs for whatever financial gain has worn thin. I also think the gap between the elite and the rest has got even wider the last few years. Before it was just pot 4 teams in the main who got pastings but sides like Bayern are routinely horsing clubs with a lot of resources now like Chelsea, Spurs, etc.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

That'd be a really difficult group, could be argued possibly CL level.

Each to their own of course but I'd always favour the easiest group possible.

A lot of Celtic fans are the same in the CL with wanting glamour ties but I'm the opposite, I don't enjoy watching us getting spanked lol

Not saying Leicester would get spanked in that group of course but it's conceivable you may not get out of it.

I mean, it was randomly created from that link. It does look tough, but I had no say in picking it.

• Like 1

This'll probably be a bit 'famous last words,' but the more I fiddle with that simulator, the more convinced I am that we'll progress to the last 32. Only one group so far has looked like it'd be a serious struggle to get out of  - Napoli, PSV and Lille would all be tricky and require us to use our strongest XI in all of the matches, putting serious strain on the squad. 

Most of the Pot 4 sides however, and even some of the Pot 2 sides, look like winnable fixtures. This is especially true given that some of the more horrible Eastern European tours won't have the home advantage of a raucous crowd to contend with. Red Star Belgrade in an empty Marakana is a very different proposition to playing in front of the Delije.

Edited by Bilo
  • Like 1

Been told were discussing the potential for grounds being open for the Group games or nothing at all until knockout rounds.

France, Germany and other nations have fans in currently. 

Let's hope we can get in for one if not more games 🤞🏻