Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'm not sure on the latter, they are financially precarious again so they really need the money the Europa League offers just to stay affloat. For example, they needed a £10m injection of cash from directors last season just to see out the season.

It's probably different as in the EPL you play top teams every week but I love getting English sides in European competition, great dynamic to the ties and we always seem to do pretty well and punch above our weight against English sides. Sad thing this season will be there will be no crowds of course which will take a lot away from it.

I only say so as a few friends and a couple of guys I work with are absolutely convinced that tonight could decide the title. 

One goes out and one goes through and you have to give an advantage to the team with fewer games. Not to mention the pressure of playing on a sunday if the other half has won the day before can be mentally draining. 

I do agree though that they're probably cutting their nose of to spite their face in a financial regard however if there is a season to miss out on europe, it's this one. Much less financial gain when you deduct gate receipts. 

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

I only say so as a few friends and a couple of guys I work with are absolutely convinced that tonight could decide the title. 

One goes out and one goes through and you have to give an advantage to the team with fewer games. Not to mention the pressure of playing on a sunday if the other half has won the day before can be mentally draining. 

I do agree though that they're probably cutting their nose of to spite their face in a financial regard however if there is a season to miss out on europe, it's this one. Much less financial gain when you deduct gate receipts. 

Yeah I get that aspect of it but if they go into administration and get a 12-15 point deduction the easier volume of fixtures won't really matter. It gets riskier still if they can't get rid of Morelos when they've already spent the money to replace him. Weirdly in recent seasons Rangers seem to do well at the point of the season when they are in the EL group stages, it's February onwards, after the winter break, when the fixtures have been kinder they seem to bottle it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Whatever pot we are in, I just hope we draw Rangers or Celtic. Celtic would be my preference. 

Saying that, Rangers might not even be in the competition and a lot of their fans would prefer it if they weren't. 

Is that due to a focus on stopping a Celtic 10 in a row?

Of course, the Celtic 60s and Rangers 90s side were much better but thats just me degressing.

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Is that due to a focus on stopping a Celtic 10 in a row?

Of course, the Celtic 60s and Rangers 90s side were much better but thats just me degressing.

Yeah, all their focus is on stopping 10 and they seem to reckon they have a shot this year. 

Yeah, the Lisbon Lions and the rangers team that beat Leeds in the battle of Britain are the two best old firm teams in history. No doubt. 

18 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Slavia Prague drops down. Midtjylland to the Champions League. PAOK and Maccabi Tel-Aviv confirmed. Green is the bookie's picks for the lower coefficient to win tomorrow.

963755357_ScreenShot2020-09-30at5_43_11PM.png.44d13aa237619ef886557069a881a7b8.png

Are there any games where 2 teams with higher coefficients than us play? 

6 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Excellent. Makes for an interesting afternoon of footy. Surely there’s an upset or 2 in there to get us to pot 2 

We need 4. The bookies have priced in 3. Then the next closest odds are for AEK to beat Wolfsburg and LASK to take out Sporting.

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

We need 4. The bookies have priced in 3. Then the next closest odds are for AEK to beat Wolfsburg and LASK to take out Sporting.

Think the bookies will be horribly wrong with the rangers prediction. Hopefully not though 

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I think I'd rather stick with pot 3, some of the teams in there are tough!

Pot 2 sounds good until you get drawn against AC Millan from pot 3

Imagine getting Levukuesen, Ac Milan and Nice/Lille.... ouch 

Edited by Lambert09

6 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I want pot 3. The thought of us getting AC Milan behind closed doors makes me want to throw up.

I’ve said a few times Milan is massively overrated. Would be great to watch us in the San Siro obviously but the away end isn’t great there.

Would still have gone though obviously.