Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

I can forgive perhaps scheduling the tweet/article going live on the wrong day. I can't forgive thinking we can draw Arsenal or Spurs in the group stage. That's UEFA competition basics, honestly.

VERY excited for this. I know we can't go, and that's a proper bummer, but this is only our fifth ever foray into Europe. We get six games against three other teams, testing our metal against European teams and the opportunity to go deep in a competition which gains prevalence as it goes on.

The draw will be a buzz, the games will be a buzz. THIS is what 38 games in the league is all about. Whether it's UCL or UEL, we should be aspiring to this and not treating it like an inconvenience like some fans are.

• Like 1

Whatever pot we are in, I just hope we draw Rangers or Celtic. Celtic would be my preference. 

Saying that, Rangers might not even be in the competition and a lot of their fans would prefer it if they weren't. 

7 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Whatever pot we are in, I just hope we draw Rangers or Celtic. Celtic would be my preference. 

Saying that, Rangers might not even be in the competition and a lot of their fans would prefer it if they weren't. 

Nothing more underwhelming than playing clubs in the same island in European competition.

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm not sure on the latter, they are financially precarious again so they really need the money the Europa League offers just to stay affloat. For example, they needed a £10m injection of cash from directors last season just to see out the season.

It's probably different as in the EPL you play top teams every week but I love getting English sides in European competition, great dynamic to the ties and we always seem to do pretty well and punch above our weight against English sides. Sad thing this season will be there will be no crowds of course which will take a lot away from it.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson