Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

3 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Olypiacos are 43 but they have to lose over 2 legs to Omonia to fall into Europa. The tie is represented in the model by Omonia. The 6 champions league playoff ties lose their way to Europa so the model shows the lower coefficient.

That’s a very best case scenario way of looking at it 😂

20 hours ago, Webbo said:

What would people prefer, get to the final of this and finish 8th or knocked out early and finish 4th?

It depends how we get to the final. If we deservedly beat some of the bigger teams in the competition, like Benfica, Milan, Sevilla, whoever ends up in it, then I would take it because we would presumably genuinely have a chance at winning. If we grind our way in against the likes of FC Copenhagen then there's not much point, the other finalist would probably stomp us, especially considering Rodgers' record against teams a level above us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicolo Barella said:

It depends how we get to the final. If we deservedly beat some of the bigger teams in the competition, like Benfica, Milan, Sevilla, whoever ends up in it, then I would take it because we would presumably genuinely have a chance at winning. If we grind our way in against the likes of FC Copenhagen then there's not much point, the other finalist would probably stomp us, especially considering Rodgers' record against teams a level above us.

Really want another CL adventure so unless we win it would prefer 4th. however, if fans are able to go to the final then surely a european final is a big tick box ......

On 19/09/2020 at 12:09, Webbo said:

What would people prefer, get to the final of this and finish 8th or knocked out early and finish 4th?

Great question, a hard  one non the less, I’m going for option A, because it’s a European cup final, which if we won anyway we could get champions league football, 

11 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Looking for wins for Slavia Prague, Krasnodar and Salzburg tonight and Olympiacos tomorrow night to help with the seeding - Would also like Gent to go out to Dynamo Kiev as a potential Pot 1 or 2 team id rather go to Belgium than Ukraine.

First 2 are drawing and Salzburg losing...

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I know I've more chance of waking up as David Neres and forcing a move to Leicester, but I'd love us to get Salzburg and experience the away game at their gaff. Their atmosphere in the CL last season was very good. 

Are you sure Ric they are supported by a bunch of plastics. The original fans are all behind Austria Salzburg in the fourth tier 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Looking for wins for Slavia Prague, Krasnodar and Salzburg tonight and Olympiacos tomorrow night to help with the seeding - Would also like Gent to go out to Dynamo Kiev as a potential Pot 1 or 2 team id rather go to Belgium than Ukraine.

Slavia Prague drew, Salzburg and Krasnodar both won.

5 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Slavia Prague drew, Salzburg and Krasnodar both won.

2 legs in the CL, so we will see how they go next week, but looking good.

Prague might struggle to go through, so that would be another team with a better rating than us. 
Some big games for us coming up this week.

Just now, Aus Fox said:

2 legs in the CL, so we will see how they go next week, but looking good.

Prague might struggle to go through, so that would be another team with a better rating than us. 
Some big games for us coming up this week.

Damn! I thought they were all single games still. 

Edit post to half time scores in those games....

On 20/09/2020 at 08:29, Nicolo Barella said:

This is a great point. That's what made Seville so magical for us beating the likes of Liverpool, Blackburn, Celta Vigo and Stuttgart on the way to the final.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 1