Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I can’t think of a single reason not to take the competition seriously? 
Let’s rest a few players and go out early, so we might qualify for Europe next season - where is the logic?

True but look at the state of our squad. We can't expect our top players to play for 60 games in a season, especially a season as concertinaed as this one. We will have to rotate.

3 hours ago, Rigga said:

Wolves took it seriously last season and just ran out of puff at the end.

Not many English teams will play their Full blooded first 11... Especially in the opening rounds.

Can you see Vardy playing Thurs/Sunday every week ? 

Wolves had an extra 6 qualifying games. We’re now out the league cup, we can have a real shot at the Europa! No excuses!

• Like 3

Europa League Qualifies continue this evening. Hopefully we can get into Pot 2, this should make out progression a little easier and be more likely we can qualify early and rest players for the last game, like Porto in the CL campaign.
For this to happen we are looking for as many of these teams as possible to go out:

Viktoria Plzen

Besiktas 

Malmoe

PSV

Celtic

Rosenborg 

Partizan Belgrade

APOEL

Fc Koebenhavn

Galatasaray 

Spurs

Wolfsburg 

Sporting

Basel

Hopefully in 13 games there are a couple of upsets, I think our best chance is Rosenborg and  Partizan Belgrade are the most likely to struggle. 

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

An absolute disgrace if we don't take this seriously. By all means if we play Sheriff Tiraspol I'm not going to demand we start our best XI, though we absolutely shouldn't be naming an XI anything like tonight as I think even they would beat that. I'm struggling to see the point if we don't take this seriously.

We probably have more chance of winning this than finishing top four so the board will want to win it. 

10 hours ago, Rigga said:

Wolves took it seriously last season and just ran out of puff at the end.

Not many English teams will play their Full blooded first 11... Especially in the opening rounds.

Can you see Vardy playing Thurs/Sunday every week ? 

Wolves won 5 out of 9 after the restart 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Markyblue

Really looking forward to this competition,  this is what it's all about, playing in Europe,  i remember playing mk dons and Northampton,  this is what we strive for ,go make us proud city, cant wait.

41 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Bit harsh given Sevilla ended up winning the competition beating Man Utd and Inter, coming from behind in both.

Oh yeah Sevilla are good but Wolves in that game were really, really poor, in the same way that Liverpool were superb most of the year but we didn't turn up for the home game against them. Their performance in that game was that of a team who had exhausted themselves

59 minutes ago, Guest said:

Oh yeah Sevilla are good but Wolves in that game were really, really poor, in the same way that Liverpool were superb most of the year but we didn't turn up for the home game against them. Their performance in that game was that of a team who had exhausted themselves

Or a side who simply came up against a much better side.

21 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Or a side who simply came up against a much better side.

Or both? My point was that their end to the season, where they limped out of Europe with 25% of the ball and no shots on target after the 13th minute and gave away 6th to Spurs despite having a seven point cushion over them at the start of July, doesn't necessarily contradict the idea that juggling domestic and European football was a bridge too far for them in the end. I'm not saying they should have walked over Sevilla.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

An absolute disgrace if we don't take this seriously. By all means if we play Sheriff Tiraspol I'm not going to demand we start our best XI, though we absolutely shouldn't be naming an XI anything like tonight as I think even they would beat that. I'm struggling to see the point if we don't take this seriously.

This is right.

Like, I've made an exception this season for the League Cup and wasn't bothered about us bombing it off. But the Europa League is SIX games minimum. This isn't an inconvenience for one game we can pass us by. This is a rare opportunity for us to compete in Europe and do really bloody well.

As others have said, what is actually the point of us qualifying for the Europa League if we're going to not even care? Have we become so elitist that anything but the Champions League is seen as beneath us? Because as has been pointed out, getting to the CL via the EL might turn out to be a far more realistic path than the top four.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I can’t think of a single reason not to take the competition seriously? 
Let’s rest a few players and go out early, so we might qualify for Europe next season - where is the logic?

Because we only have around 14/15 decent players and we need to ensure we are in the premier League next season with ease which if we keep getting injuries to our best and key players will be hard work. Not saying we won't but I expect a lot of changes for each match.

Edited by reynard