Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Atlético Madrid not massive?! 

It would be great but apart from AC Milan and possibly Ajax, we would probably/almost definitely get beaten by the rest. 

This is a trophy I'd like to win and if playing 'lesser' sides aides that, I'd rather that than any other team. It doesn't make winning the trophy, should it happen, any less glamorous or valued. 

Lazio, Napoli or it could maybe even be argued Inter would be more beatable than AC Milan based on this season's form anyway, Milan are absolutely flying and have been since the resumption of last season after Covid.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Atlético Madrid not massive?! 

It would be great but apart from AC Milan and possibly Ajax, we would probably/almost definitely get beaten by the rest. 

This is a trophy I'd like to win and if playing 'lesser' sides aides that, I'd rather that than any other team. It doesn't make winning the trophy, should it happen, any less glamorous or valued. 

They are a massive team but it's not what I would consider a glamour tie. 

A trip to Barcelona or the or Munich or Turin. Something like that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

Yeah usually it doesnt make a difference but being seeded this year seems to make a difference.

For example, this looks like then posible seeded / unseeded teams from the champions league.

Poss seeds

Group B: Poss Real Madrid or Inter

Group D:  Atalanta or Ajax

Group F: Lazio or Club Brugge

Group H: Probably RB Liezpig or Man U

Poss unseeded teams

Prob Salzburg, poss Atletico Madrid

Olympiakos or Marseille

Krasnodar

Dynamo Kiev or Ferencvaros

Plus the likely seeded Europa league teams :

Roma, Arsenal, Granada, Napoli , Villarreal, Lille, Zagreb, hoffenheim

Tied at the top:

Prague/ Leverkusen, rangers / benefica

There’s probably going to be only 3 teams we will be hoping to avoid if we get pot 1. Compared to 13/ 14 in the other draw lol

46 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Mad how we turned out that utterly dreadful performance 4 days ago and yet here I excited as owt for tonights game.

So true. It's all it takes.

That's why the Europa has been so healthy for us this season, quick change to wipe the slate clean. Man U have been similar on a couple of early season occasions. 

I was sickened to the core Monday night. Right as rain today 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

At some point, I would like to play European royalty -;even if they might not be what they once were. Which this season may offer;

AC Milan. Ajax. Real Madrid. Napoli. Lazio. Inter Milan. 

Just look at list of potential knock out opponents as well as the possibility of two all English affairs and then consider the very minor group of fans who called this tournament an annoyance. 

Id love to be in the champions league again. However, I’d mainly love to have a fair few years of European football. If that means the Europa for now and the foreseeable, so be it. It’s a good time to be a city fan.   

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

At some point, I would like to play European royalty -;even if they might not be what they once were. Which this season may offer;

AC Milan. Ajax. Real Madrid. Napoli. Lazio. Inter Milan. 

Progress with easy ties. The big tied inevitably come further in the competition 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I hope we can be forgiving of the players. I know the losses are crushing, but they're being exerted in ways only 2016/17 saw. 

The way I see it there is no reason not to be forgiving. 10 matches into the season and we're the fourth place, we've already secured our spot in the round of 32. There will always be setbacks, but we have a lot to be happy about. 

• Like 1

Never have I seen anyone take one for the team as selflessly as Duje Cop, who briefly put Standard Liege up on Rangers.  He arrived at full speed a foot from the back post to convert a cross … hit the post a tenth of a second later … at full straddle … if you know what I mean.

He’ll never have kids, but hey, Standard are in with a chance.

• Haha 1

If we win the group, projected opponents as follows:-

Red Star Belgrade

Molde

Young Boys

Bayer Leverkusen

Benfica

PSV Eindhoven

Real Sociedad

AC Milan

Maccabi Tel Aviv

Wolfsberger AC

RB Salzburg

Krasnodar

Olympiakos

Dynamo Kiev 

NB. Can't draw Braga or Tottenham

Projected SEEDED Clubs of:

LEICESTER

Roma

Villarreal

Arsenal

Dinamo Zagreb

Hoffenheim

Slvia Prague

Rangers

Granada

Napoli

Lille 

Royal Antwerp

RB Leipzig

Real Madrid

Ajax

Club Brugge

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Teams certain to be in the Europa League last 32.

1. Arsenal 

2. Hoffenheim

3. Leicester City

4. AS Roma

5. Slavia Prague

6. Bayer Leverkusen 

7. Benfica 

8. Rangers

9. Granada 

10. PSV 

11. SC Braga 

12. AC Milan 

13. Lille

14. Villarreal  

15. Royal Antwerp

16. Tottenham

17. Dinamo Zagreb 

18. Red Star Belgrade

Lots of big names that can make it onto this list next week, and a few bigger European names which could be on their way out. 

The 12 group winners along with the 4 best Champions League 3rd place teams will be seeded. It looks like this will be 

Group H Man Utd, PSG or Leipzig 

Group D Atalanta or Ajax

Group B Inter, Real Madrid, Shaktar Donetsk or Borussia Moenchengladbach

Group F Club Brugge or Lazio

With the Europa Conference announced for next season, is that 1 additional spot added for the league? I couldn’t seem to find the qualifying information. 

They are going to be reducing the teams in Europa group stages to 32 and the winners of the group move on and the teams in second play a tie against the 3rd places team from the champions league. A good addition imo makes the champions league team earn there place with added incentive on teams to win their group. 

I heard someone complain this was to help the big clubs, but it’s the opposite imo. Usually, you have to play a round of 32 game anyway, so it’s actually just a free pass to the Europa group winners. 

19 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

With the Europa Conference announced for next season, is that 1 additional spot added for the league? I couldn’t seem to find the qualifying information. 

They are going to be reducing the teams in Europa group stages to 32 and the winners of the group move on and the teams in second play a tie against the 3rd places team from the champions league. A good addition imo makes the champions league team earn there place with added incentive on teams to win their group. 

I heard someone complain this was to help the big clubs, but it’s the opposite imo. Usually, you have to play a round of 32 game anyway, so it’s actually just a free pass to the Europa group winners. 

Naa, 7th/League Cup Winners go into the Conference League 

So groups B and H are the ones to watch this week in the Champions League. Could end up with Man U and Real Madrid/Inter Milan in the Europa League with the various results going badly. If all those teams win though I wouldn’t see any real threats from the CL teams dropping down. The only team I’d really hate facing would be Atalanta

15 minutes ago, KFS said:

So groups B and H are the ones to watch this week in the Champions League. Could end up with Man U and Real Madrid/Inter Milan in the Europa League with the various results going badly. If all those teams win though I wouldn’t see any real threats from the CL teams dropping down. The only team I’d really hate facing would be Atalanta

Nailed on we get Atalanta and can’t go.

Just gonna copy & paste my comment from the AEK Athens thread, as it's relevant here

If we finish second in the group we could possibly face:

Villareal

Milan/Lille

Benfica

Napoli

Leverkusen

Roma

Hoffenheim

+ 4 seeded Champions League dropouts 

If we win the group we could face:

Young Boys

Molde