Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leagues One & Two - 2020/2021

2 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Ipswich appoint Paul Cook. Good bit of business swapping Paul L for Paul C.

Hope to see them make the playoffs now as they're only in 8th as it is.

With a takeover on the horizon may see them upwardly mobile again for the first time in years and years.

Must have had a yes from Cook before sacking Lambert.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, isaidno said:

Portsmouth 4-0 down at half time against struggling Northampton. 

Such a random scoreline. I mean if Northampton nicked a 1-0 I'd get it, but 4-0 at ht is crazy.

Jimmy Floyd Hasslebank would be manager of the season in league one if he keeps Burton up. Looked dead and buried when he first went and I think they adrift at bottom with something like eight points from safety fast forward two months. The team find themselves outside the bottom four sitting 18th with four points above the drop beating both the top two in that run.

Edited by Leicesterpool

36 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I don't think he's ever held down a job longer than a year, somehow he still manages land jobs.You would think he'd give up now and just concertrate on some pundit work. 

Clubs in the lower echelon' of the EFL will take a punt on him because of his playing career. You would think people running these clubs would eventually cotton on to his coaching, or lack of if he keeps getting the tic-tac. 

• Like 1

On 06/03/2021 at 17:13, moore_94 said:

7 wins in 9 games for Burton since Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink took over, absolutely smashing it

On 06/03/2021 at 23:35, Leicesterpool said:

Jimmy Floyd Hasslebank would be manager of the season in league one if he keeps Burton up. Looked dead and buried when he first went and I think they adrift at bottom with something like eight points from safety fast forward two months. The team find themselves outside the bottom four sitting 18th with four points above the drop beating both the top two in that run.

I've been at The Pirelli twice since JFH returned... and twice they've beaten the leaders at the start of the day. What an impact he's having there again.

7 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

I don't think he's ever held down a job longer than a year, somehow he still manages land jobs.You would think he'd give up now and just concertrate on some pundit work. 

Two of his jobs, Crawley and Oldham, he wasn’t given a fair go with decent results.  Oldham fans in particular on this are baffled and annoyed at their owner. In the last month, they’d beaten three of the teams in the top seven 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

23 hours ago, isaidno said:

Some big matches on Tuesday. Peterborough vs Hull, Ipswich vs Lincoln, and Portsmouth vs Sunderland. 

FB_IMG_1615134099395.jpg

Head says: Peterborough and Sunderland to go up, Portsmouth to beat Ipswich in the playoff final.

Heart says: Ipswich and Lincoln for automatic places, Oxford or Donny Rovers via the playoffs.

17 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

9 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Two of his jobs, Crawley and Oldham, he wasn’t given a fair go with decent results.  Oldham fans in particular on this are baffled and annoyed at their owner. In the last month, they’d beaten three of the teams in the top seven 

From what I gather there's something in the owners and director of football? They've had a couple decent managers who they've then gone on to sack, such as Richie Wellens, under the same owner and director.

10 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Well done big win tonight!! What's happening with Portsmouth! Seem to be falling away again!

Kenny Jackett done well for them to start with but he's not really moving them forward atm.

League One / Championship is about their level historically though. Portsmouth aren't a big club. Apart from a brief period in the mid 2000s, Portsmouth have been playing lower league football for the past 6 decades.