Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leagues One & Two - 2020/2021

On 30/01/2021 at 17:01, Nalis said:

Sunderland lose 2pts due to another late equaliser conceded, seems to have happened about one a month since they went to League 1. Wonder if its an ability or mentality issue, or both.

Mentality. Weak as piss. Our home form is shocking this season, but away from home we’ve been excellent (4 goals conceded in 11 games and still unbeaten). 

4 minutes ago, Sly said:

What’s the take on the Emma Hayes / AFC Wimbledon? 

I'm not sure why she needed to be so dismissive, really. She just needed to say "I'm happy at Chelsea and don't believe the AFC Wimbledon job is right for me". Why the need to go on a rant about it all?

4 hours ago, Sly said:

What’s the take on the Emma Hayes / AFC Wimbledon? 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/02/emma-hayes-rejects-claims-efl-upgrade-on-chelsea-women-afc-wimbledon-insult

A more considered article than most; she makes a fair point. Would she really want to go from leading a club capable of winning several trophies this season, and managing many international players to a team struggling to avoid relegation? Furthermore last season Chelsea home attendance at over 6,500 is considerably more than Wimbledon. She may have an interest in managing an EFL club, but she will no doubt be very careful on the team chosen, particularly if she is first woman to do so and the media interest in that. I would guess it would be a team with greater potential than Wimbledon to challenge for promotion. I also think that for any manager who is used to coaching international players it is very difficult to go a team without similar abilities and likely not the potential to have anything like that. 

Just seeing this chat on SSN about Hayes.

My take it’s the same as us getting Rogers from Celtic. 

Yes they are playing at a ‘higher/bigger’ club Champions League every year, winning trophies, international players but...

All levels are not equal and she would have to drop ‘down’ to start in the men’s game surely?

25 minutes ago, Phube said:

Just seeing this chat on SSN about Hayes.

My take it’s the same as us getting Rogers from Celtic. 

Yes they are playing at a ‘higher/bigger’ club Champions League every year, winning trophies, international players but...

All levels are not equal and she would have to drop ‘down’ to start in the men’s game surely?

Without a doubt, league one is a huge step up from women’s football.
Depends whether she wants to try and get into men’s football or not. If she does then league one or two is the level she’s going to realistically have to come in at. So her comments regarding Wimbledon seemed at bit disrespectful.

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

Charlie Wyke with all 4 goals for Sunderland today.

McGeady with an asisit on each of them.

McGeady with one of the best individual performances I’ve ever seen, he was superb. Genuinely unplayable, horrible afternoon for the Doncaster RB. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SAFC1 said:

McGeady with one of the best individual performances I’ve ever seen, he was superb. Genuinely unplayable, horrible afternoon for the Doncaster RB. 

He has got to be one of the best players, if not the best, in the division. Amazed he played so few games last season or was he injured?