Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leagues One & Two - 2020/2021

20 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Might well see a Derby next season. 

12 hours ago, SAFC1 said:

Excellent performance tonight. Ha’way the lads 

Tyne Wear derby in the second tier. How sad.

Top flight game that one.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

When was the last time it would have been played in the second tier? They've both been in the second tier a few times during my lifetime but I think they've missed each other every time.

3 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

When was the last time it would have been played in the second tier? They've both been in the second tier a few times during my lifetime but I think they've missed each other every time.

I honestly don't know. I can't recall a time in my lifetime when they were both second tier clubs.

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

3 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

36 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

My guess would be the early-to-mid nineties. I think 1994 possibly?

92/93 season was the last non top flight league game between them.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Koke said:

Kenny Jackett done well for them to start with but he's not really moving them forward atm.

League One / Championship is about their level historically though. Portsmouth aren't a big club. Apart from a brief period in the mid 2000s, Portsmouth have been playing lower league football for the past 6 decades.

Yeah, 8 top flight seasons in 60 years. They were successful in the late 40s/ early 50s, won the FA Cup in 2008 of course but apart from that a second tier and lower league existence.

14 minutes ago, Corky said:

Yeah, 8 top flight seasons in 60 years. They were successful in the late 40s/ early 50s, won the FA Cup in 2008 of course but apart from that a second tier and lower league existence.

Their rivals Southampton are a superior team in every sense. Maybe that's why they're such a bitter bunch. Shades of Birmingham City and Everton in that sense.

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Their rivals Southampton are a superior team in every sense. Maybe that's why they're such a bitter bunch. Shades of Birmingham City and Everton in that sense.

Southampton definitely the bigger, more relevant and superior club, despite the fewer trophies. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

12 hours ago, Koke said:

Southampton definitely the bigger, more relevant and superior club, despite the fewer trophies. 

Great derby though, Portsmouth/Southampton. Another one that I wish was played more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SAFC1 said:

Wembley this weekend.. An absolute sickener without supporters. :unsure:

Sunderland in central London 2 years ago was some craic, by chance I was in a Greene King near Trafalgar Square with a mate the night before the final when it was full of Sunderland fans singing. A couple of very confused American ladies in their 60s came over to us and asked us what was going on but they enjoyed it nonetheless.

• Like 1

On 06/03/2021 at 17:13, moore_94 said:

7 wins in 9 games for Burton since Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink took over, absolutely smashing it

Currently 3 up away at Crewe inside half hour. Hemmings hat trick. 

56 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Another horror result for Lincoln - Rochdale hadn't scored in 7 matches prior to this - completely bottling promotion at this rate. Disappointing.

Sure I heard Lincoln have now lost 7 home games in a row!?

12 hours ago, Tuna said:

Glorious stuff!

I didnt know who he was so looked it up, something of a club legend at Morecambe and their fans seem to think his reaction is fair enough.

He's also 42 years old and still playing so fair play.

• Like 1