Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leagues One & Two - 2020/2021

On 23/02/2021 at 21:18, BenTheFox said:

Sun'lund might go up you know. They seem to have hot a bit of form. 

We’ve got a chance, certainly got momentum. Tough game at Crewe tomorrow who’re 9 unbeaten at home. Swindon (H) and Rochdale (H) next week so a win tomorrow would be huge. 

2 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Just seen that Ipswich are on the verge of getting taken over by an American group. Paul Cook to replace Lambert as manager.

Ipswich are my "second team" so always keep an eye on what's going on there. This is hugely needed!

Paul Cook will do a job there too. Always been successful wherever he's been.

I don't mind Ipswich, prefer them to Norwich, and would like to see them back in the PL never mind the Championship!

1 hour ago, LVocey said:

Just seen that Ipswich are on the verge of getting taken over by an American group. Paul Cook to replace Lambert as manager.

Ipswich are my "second team" so always keep an eye on what's going on there. This is hugely needed!

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Paul Cook will do a job there too. Always been successful wherever he's been.

I don't mind Ipswich, prefer them to Norwich, and would like to see them back in the PL never mind the Championship!

Interesting this, as the American group who are taking over will be installing Mark Ashton (hated Bristol City MD) as their CEO.... I wonder if that influenced any of his decision making with regards to not hiring Cook for Bristol City lol 

54 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Interesting this, as the American group who are taking over will be installing Mark Ashton (hated Bristol City MD) as their CEO.... I wonder if that influenced any of his decision making with regards to not hiring Cook for Bristol City lol 

And also Nige taking the job....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LVocey said:

Ipswich are my second team too and have been in the absolute doldrums for years and years now. This is just what the club needs to revitalise themselves and engage the supporters again, because they have put up with years and years of cost cutting and decline. Getting rid of Lambert would be an amazing start in itself, but getting rid of Evans and replacing with owners with ambition would be huge for the club. Hope they can start navigating their way back to the upper reaches of the Championship!!!

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Paul Lambert ruling himself out of the Celtic job is hilarious.

He can't get a big club in League One into the top six yet thinks Celtic would consider him and he'd refuse it lol 

He's a big headed clown isn't he!! Some of the comments he has made while in charge of Ipswich have been ludicrous. Spends more time waffling on about how he used to play for Dortmund than answering questions about why he can't get then to win in that league.

I know some of their fans are pissed off with his references to being at bigger clubs.

Rodgers has managed far bigger clubs than us yet seems to solely focus on ourselves (helped by generally good results). Lambert isn't on firm ground at all.

On 26/02/2021 at 11:43, SAFC1 said:

We’ve got a chance, certainly got momentum. Tough game at Crewe tomorrow who’re 9 unbeaten at home. Swindon (H) and Rochdale (H) next week so a win tomorrow would be huge. 

Good comeback for you guys today.

Noticed Charlton lost again, 14pts in the last 15, surely Bowyer has to go.

8 hours ago, Tuna said:

Paul Lambert sacked by Ipswich Town.

Halle fudging lujah!! 😎 Great news. He was a useless Muppet from the first to the last. If this takeover goes through there might finally be some good times on the horizon for that poor club! Shame they couldn't get Pearson in but sounds like they'll get Paul Cook which would be decent on the face of it.

14 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Ipswich appoint Paul Cook. Good bit of business swapping Paul L for Paul C.

Hope to see them make the playoffs now as they're only in 8th as it is.

With a takeover on the horizon may see them upwardly mobile again for the first time in years and years.

Good appointment. He's always been a success at clubs so I think he'll do well with Ipswich and I hope so too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Good appointment. He's always been a success at clubs so I think he'll do well with Ipswich and I hope so too.

me too, they're pretty much my second team. It's been sad to see how they've gone to the doldrums at the same time we've gone from strength to strength. Good, loyal and patient fans (despite the 'be careful what you wish for' narrative) whose patience is wearing thin and deserve better! Lets hope this is the first step!