Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Francisco Trincão

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'd heard about this one and I really like the idea of signing him, think he's exactly the sort of profile, and style of player we need.

My one gripe however is the supposed deal. An obligation to make it permanent for fifty million?! That is a big gamble. If that was optional then I'd say fair play but not mandatory, I think that's risky.

Could also turn out to be a bargain - imagine if we wound up buying one of Europe's best young talents for the price of three quarters of Harry Maguire. 

Is there a reason we are not just offering to buy him out right. Why are we offering to take him on a two year loan with the Obligation of a £45million transfer at the end of it ? If it’s an obligation we are bound to pay that sum anyway. Just wondering if there are UEFA rules prohibiting a second transfer so quickly.

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Is there a reason we are not just offering to buy him out right. Why are we offering to take him on a two year loan with the Obligation of a £45million transfer at the end of it ? If it’s an obligation we are bound to pay that sum anyway. Just wondering if there are UEFA rules prohibiting a second transfer so quickly.

Well it would mean this wouldn’t come off our books for two years and also it will more than likely be something to do with Barca being corrupt.

• Like 3

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Well it would mean this wouldn’t come off our books for two years and also it will more than likely be something to do with Barca being corrupt.

Yes 100% them being dodgy. Still trying to work out what happened with Jean Clair Todibo and his elongated loan to Schalke shortly after being bought

12 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

..could we just be deferring payment in order to spend on other purchases!!!

With the Covid situation and perhaps shortage of funds, we can get back to collecting gate receipts when our coffers are more full 2 years down the road.

50 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2020/08/04/serie-a-outfit-bow-out-of-chase-for-leicester-city-target-francisco-trincao/464051/

Thats Atalanta out of the picture, now tell Monchengladbach to get lost and we may be in business. :D

I think the only other teams that could get him are Premier League teams. Maybe RB Leipzig if they were interested. Our league is awash with money and that's what Barcelona will be looking to exploit.

22 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Yep, me too. Often a reason its leaked S well, often to raise interest from other clubs.

Its very rare we make a foreign signing without it being disclosed by a source their end first. We manage to do it a bit more often in this country as we keep a lot of it in house and away from the British media but not when mucking about with overseas agents.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Its very rare we make a foreign signing without it being disclosed by a source their end first. We manage to do it a bit more often in this country as we keep a lot of it in house and away from the British media but not when mucking about with overseas agents.

Hope you're right!

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not sure what's what with this particular case, but I agree with what you are saying as a general rule. There are usually to many fingers in the pie for it be kept on the Q.T.

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The ones from left field have generally been leaked at the very end of negs (when agreement between the clubs is done) or simply announced by the club.  Unfortunately this one is leaked with no apparent agreement which likely means we won’t be completing a deal here ....

I see similar elements in this to what happened with Youri. A loan  move to start with then buy,  a young talented player who most of us think would never come here as they as too good . Another one although not young was Cambiasso I never believed we’d sign him in a million years even though he was coming to the end of his career . We can live in hope