Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Francisco Trincão

We should be all over a two-season loan with an option to buy.

If he's good enough for Barça at the end of it then he's probably (hopefully) helped us to break into that upper echelon of clubs, increasing the chances of us being able to buy the next wonderkid from Braga, Benfica, Monaco or whoever.

And if he's not good enough for Barça then he may well still be good enough for us.

• Like 4

I'm no expert in contract law, but can an option to buy be activated at any time over the course of a loan?

There would surely be no difference if we took a two-year loan, made the €50m purchase early (if he's any good), and covered the short-term cash flow issue with a bank loan?

13 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Not really, Rodgers would be better spending time developing a player he has brought rather than a raw talent for Barcas benefit, that at the end of the 2 years that they either keep or his value has shot up and bigger teams getting involved

Dortmund didn't do to badly out of loan of Hakimi from Real Madrid for two years 

We could have access to a fantastic player for two season we may have had no chance of signing any other way!

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Not really, Rodgers would be better spending time developing a player he has brought rather than a raw talent for Barcas benefit, that at the end of the 2 years that they either keep or his value has shot up and bigger teams getting involved

An option to buy would have an agreed fee attached. That fee would be agreed now. If Barca come back and request a first refusal right instead, then that would be problematic. An option puts us in a better position.

19 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

I'm no expert in contract law, but can an option to buy be activated at any time over the course of a loan?

There would surely be no difference if we took a two-year loan, made the €50m purchase early (if he's any good), and covered the short-term cash flow issue with a bank loan?

You’d usually have an option trigger period. We would be required to trigger the option during that period or lose our right. Normally that would be in the last 6months of the loan period.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Exactly. If hes mustard he'd probably be moving to a club like barca anyway and he might elevate us to a level where we can buy the next big thing outright.

Suppose the downside for us is, if its only a loan is we don't benefit from the profit, which is our business model. I'd still take him though, I think a couple of loans might be needed need increase our short term quality.

• Like 1

Is this similar to what they did with Deulofeu? Loan him out, see how he gets on, loan/sell him again if the player fancies it, keep him if they think he has some promise.

(I know Deulofeu was a youth product, highly-rated at the time nonetheless).

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

£2.50 a week, packet of Chewits and a copy of this weeks Shoot! should keep him sweet.  :thumbup:

Chewits?! I heard it was a multi-pack of Kitkat Chunky's but maybe your source is different to mine!

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Is this similar to what they did with Deulofeu? Loan him out, see how he gets on, loan/sell him again if the player fancies it, keep him if they think he has some promise.

(I know Deulofeu was a youth product, highly-rated at the time nonetheless).

They love getting rid of their academy players, that's why if they won't let us have Trincao then we should go for Collado when he's back from injury. 

Failing that Kubo at Real Madrid is another very talented left footed right winger. Can we loan 2 players from 1 overseas club? Get him and Jovic for a season with options to sign for £50m the pair.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Suppose the downside for us is, if its only a loan is we don't benefit from the profit, which is our business model. I'd still take him though, I think a couple of loans might be needed need increase our short term quality.

Yeah but we'd probably be paying a signing on bonus and would have to pay him more to convince him to come here - if he's as good as he's being made out to be it'd be a pleasure to see him here even if its for 2 years.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They love getting rid of their academy players, that's why if they won't let us have Trincao then we should go for Collado when he's back from injury. 

Failing that Kubo at Real Madrid is another very talented left footed right winger. Can we loan 2 players from 1 overseas club? Get him and Jovic for a season with options to sign for £50m the pair.

Kubo's going to Villarreal :( 

He was an absolutely beaming light in a shroud of darkness in Mallorca's season.

• Sad 1

This will happen, even if we don’t sign him Barca will get a player back with two years of PL experience under his belt. And anyway, by then they probably would have signed someone else. Great move by the club if (when) it comes off. Not so good for my Andrex consumption.

Edited by Pliskin
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

£2.50 a week, packet of Chewits and a copy of this weeks Shoot! should keep him sweet.  :thumbup:

Shoot mag still about? I'll be off in the morning for Shoot, Match and Readers Wives. Like the good old days. :wub:

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

This will happen, even if we don’t sign him Barca will get a player back with two years of PL experience under his belt. And anyway, by then they probably would have signed someone else. Great move by the club if (when) it comes off. Not so good for my Andrex consumption.

Is this coming from a position of knowledge, hope or assumption?