Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Francisco Trincão

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

When it comes to youth wonderkids, Football Manager is wrong about fifty times for every one its right. 

I reckon between a few of us from the Football Manager thread over the years we could fill page after page of mediocre footballers that the game had pegged as future stars, Carlos Fierro anyone?  @Stadt @shen

Maxim "100 goals a season" Tsigalko. (they misspelt his name in the game too)

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

When it comes to youth wonderkids, Football Manager is wrong about fifty times for every one its right. 

I reckon between a few of us from the Football Manager thread over the years we could fill page after page of mediocre footballers that the game had pegged as future stars, Carlos Fierro anyone?  @Stadt @shen

Tommy Svindall Larsen is the greatest footballer who ever lived. I don’t care what real life says about that:P

• Haha 1

This kind of player is where we need to be aiming at and look at a 3 year picture. Tielemens was deemed a coup and a name of sorts. If we can compliment those we already have who are already catching the elites eye then we can slowly start to add our name to a powerful pack. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I don't know, the ability to flip an asset in under 8 months to make profit on it is pretty hard to pass up. Lets say you buy a house for 150K which you really like living in, but 8 months later someone offers you 250K for the same house... You'd take that offer even if you ended up living somewhere else that wasn't as good.

Barcelona have Messi, Suarez, Dembele, Griezman, their new superstar Ansu Fati, etc. It's not like they don't have options up top! This guy was always one for the future for them, whereas for us he would be first team.

But if the market has moved in that time you would have to spend the same to buy a like for like property.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Cherno Samba

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Tommy Svindall Larsen is the greatest footballer who ever lived. I don’t care what real life says about that:P

If it’s not Cherno Samba then i’m not interested.

15 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I don't know, the ability to flip an asset in under 8 months to make profit on it is pretty hard to pass up. Lets say you buy a house for 150K which you really like living in, but 8 months later someone offers you 250K for the same house... You'd take that offer even if you ended up living somewhere else that wasn't as good.

Barcelona have Messi, Suarez, Dembele, Griezman, their new superstar Ansu Fati, etc. It's not like they don't have options up top! This guy was always one for the future for them, whereas for us he would be first team.

Sound's like both you and @Finnegan are correct. Does his agent have any players with us? It would be a no brainer if we could pull it off. We need quality and this lads ticks all of the boxes and some. But you have to ask the question, and I know both @Ric Flair and I bang on about it, But someone like Stengs is going to cost far, far less than £50m. I wonder what the logistics are to a long loan with an purchase fee attached? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Nowadays it’s rare you get total misses like Mark Kerr, To Madeira, and Fierro. Still happens obviously but the researchers aren’t as overzealous  

Edited by Stadt

29 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I know the guy that works for FM at spurs. It’s honestly just a random fan who watches the youth matches. He goes to all the u18 and 23 games and makes notes about all of their strengths and weaknesses. 

Seeing as many of the fans that watch our youth team get it so wrong about who the next stars will be, you can see how the game accidentally over hypes some of the youth.

I’d be very surprised if the fm scout for Leicester isn’t on this forum, he just probably isn’t allowed to say that it’s him. But be warned,  if George Hirst starts getting mega stats we will all know it’s you @An Sionnach lol

Edited by Lambert09
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Announce Tinga

Guest Mee-9

If we get him I bet there's a right sneaky buy-back clause inserted.

'If Barcelona wish to purchase, Leicester must sell for £50 and a friendly at the King Power.' 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Mika Aaritalo! FM 2008! What a player!

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Sound's like both you and @Finnegan are correct. Does his agent have any players with us? It would be a no brainer if we could pull it off. We need quality and this lads ticks all of the boxes and some. But you have to ask the question, and I know both @Ric Flair and I bang on about it, But someone like Stengs is going to cost far, far less than £50m. I wonder what the logistics are to a long loan with an purchase fee attached? 

Stengs has been heavily linked with Barca for 18 months now and I think Trincao was signed instead of him, we ought to go and get Stengs just so me and you can have the keys to the city. Or we get Congers to call up their head honcho at Barca and say " we'll let you go for Stengs without pursuing him ourselves if you bung us Trincao or Alex Collado, but make it snappy and @ @Ric Flair and @Pliskin in your mentions too "

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I hope not. It's 2042 on my save and Max Andrews has just smashed in 31 goals for my Charlton side on FM18.

He's due to be born in a couple of months, remember the name :ph34r:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Don't see how this will work. Barca will not get the £45m for 2 years when they need the cash to ease their financial woes now.

A loan fee won't help them much.

Having said that, this guy seems amazing.

Please sign him:scarf:

Have Faith! You underestimate the world of High Finance where everything is possible! Bet they could find a bank who if said player was purchased as a two year loan with guaranteed 50mil purchase at end would be happy to loan Barca the full amount now.

Payment of the loan could be in full at the end of the loan or a possibly longer time period could be arranged. For a price of course.:)

21 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Thinking about it, if we had the obligation for £50m and a two year loan, we could potentially do what Barca are doing and just sell him straight after he signs permanently. Barca bank £15m regardless, we get a good prospect for a couple of seasons and potential to sell on. 

It’s probably the most sense-making link we’ve had this summer but the most left field one too. If I were Trincao as well I don’t think I’d back myself to trouble Barca’s current attack of Griezmann, Suarez and Messi with Fati and Pedri already being touted as the future. 

It’s a bit like a PCP, but for a footballer.  

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Don't see how this will work. Barca will not get the £45m for 2 years when they need the cash to ease their financial woes now.

A loan fee won't help them much.

Having said that, this guy seems amazing.

Please sign him:scarf:

If it's anything like the way English clubs operate, can they not take out a loan to bring forward the £45m if they need it desperately now?

We and many other PL clubs have done similar with transfer monies and TV rights money with Macquarie Bank, for example.

• Like 2