Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Francisco Trincão

I very much doubt it would have got this far and mentioned in the press if Barca are going to flatly refuse to do a deal. Clubs put feelers out all of the time and if the answer is no then that's that. This has ended up being reported by a reputable source that talks are ongoing.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

All reasonable points and I personally would agree with you. Counter point would be that King Power made their fortune with Duty Free and with Air Travel being one of the worst hit industries globally, would you as a multi-national business conglomerate owner decide that now was the time to spend big on what is essentially your passion project business? It would be 100% understandable if spend was reduced this season because of the pandemic.

Also thus far only Man City have signed any players, and with David Silva, Fernandinho and Kompany all having reached the ends of their careers, it's understandable they would replace them. Even then, they have replaced players modestly by their standards, e.g. Ferran Torres cost 20m, but they sold Sane for 54m.

Good point, but I'm pretty sure they would have diversified their investments, they are smart enough to make 5 billion, they will be smart enough to put in a strategy to manage the risk of a down turn in their Duty Free empire. General rule of thumb is rich people get richer even in a crisis, as there are lots of good opportunists ways to make good quick money. 

I would expect them to carry on with the same mantra they have had since we got in the PL and I don't see the pandemic changing that approach, the club must be be self-sufficient. I don't get were LCFC fans get this notion that they are about to throw money around.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

And Riqui Puig, Pedri, Ronald Araujo, Jorge Cuenca, Ilaix Moriba... 

I mean if they're not gonna bother bringing youth through anymore.... 

They love flogging off their academy players for peanuts. Disgrace of a club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

All reasonable points and I personally would agree with you. Counter point would be that King Power made their fortune with Duty Free and with Air Travel being one of the worst hit industries globally, would you as a multi-national business conglomerate owner decide that now was the time to spend big on what is essentially your passion project business? It would be 100% understandable if spend was reduced this season because of the pandemic.

Also thus far only Man City have signed any players, and with David Silva, Fernandinho and Kompany all having reached the ends of their careers, it's understandable they would replace them. Even then, they have replaced players modestly by their standards, e.g. Ferran Torres cost 20m, but they sold Sane for 54m.

..just an enquiry!!!

How does King Powers main business (duty free) impact on the clubs finance.

I have asked this question before but no one has come back with an answer.

20 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..just an enquiry!!!

it’s been said on FT several times that they havnt put any of their own money in for a few seasons now.. We are still sitting on The Maguire money that hasn’t been spent...  plus revenue for finishing fifth...

The money is there to spend.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..just an enquiry!!!

It doesn't, as the club is 100% self sufficient.

Why it *might* affect things is if Top wants to spend money that the club doesn't have. E.g. when Vichai brought the club, he wrote off the entire 60m debt the club had accrued on the new stadium. Top has hinted quite a few times that he wants to make Leicester a serious club that competes for trophies and given how good the league win felt, you'd have to imagine he's got a taste for it. If it were to happen, I would expect at some point a big cash outlay on top of the usual spend, possibly through a renewed King Power sponsorship deal, etc.

I'm saying that given the global pandemic, it would be understandable for most businesses to be conservative with their spending. But it doesn't apply to everyone of course, Hermes (delivery company) announced 10K new jobs, Supermarkets are making gangbusters, Jeff Bezos will be the world's first trillionaire at this rate, etc. Some people will go for the opportunity that a crisis can create. Will Leicester do it? Personally I think if it were to happen we'd already have seen evidence for it, e.g. Coutinho type of signings. I'd be happy to be proved wrong though!

Edited by StriderHiryu

11 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

These are very good questions. IMO it's because we can't afford to spend as much this summer, which should be the case across Europe due to Coronavirus. We know for a fact we lose 14m in matchday revenues alone from the Premier League plus additional revenue shares from cup games. Then take into account missed revenue from the club shop on match days too, etc. Even Man City who have already spent have gone for Ake and Torres who whilst both good players aren't their usual "top level proven" type of signings they usually go for. So a 2 year loan deal with obligation to buy seems fair - we get the player right away but don't pay for 2 years by which time we all assume life is somewhat normal again (though honestly, who knows!?). For that convenience we pay a premium on the transfer free.

We'd then be free to make a few more signings and I imagine a Premier League experienced centre back comes in for the bigger cash up front fee this summer. Other signings will probably be a mixture of loans with obligations and more modest 10-20m fees. Even if Chilwell left, I think we'd continue to go for more balanced signings for the most part. Attacking players could be the exception and I could definitely imagine Edouard rocking up here in time for the start of the season too as the marquee summer signing this year.

As it stands given our diabolical end of season form and massive amount of games next season, the squad needs to be seriously bolstered, otherwise we'll be in trouble. So creative accounting is pretty clever and I think we will see it across the league this window.

So far, the season only finished 10 days ago, reported 300m shopping list.

11 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

It doesn't, as the club is 100% self sufficient.

Why it *might* affect things is if Top wants to spend money that the club doesn't have. E.g. when Vichai brought the club, he wrote off the entire 60m debt the club had accrued on the new stadium. Top has hinted quite a few times that he wants to make Leicester a serious club that competes for trophies and given how good the league win felt, you'd have to imagine he's got a taste for it. If it were to happen, I would expect at some point a big cash outlay on top of the usual spend, possibly through a renewed King Power sponsorship deal, etc.

I'm saying that given the global pandemic, it would be understandable for most businesses to be conservative with their spending. But it doesn't apply to everyone of course, Hermes (delivery company) announced 10K new jobs, Supermarkets are making gangbusters, Jeff Bezos will be the world's first trillionaire at this rate, etc. Some people will go for the opportunity that a crisis can create. Will Leicester do it? Personally I think if it were to happen we'd already have seen evidence for it, e.g. Coutinho type of signings. I'd be happy to be proved wrong though!

...pretty much what I thought!!!

It is however a recurring statement in respect of the duty free business and the believed impact it would have.

In this instance FFP ties (or at least attempts to) the hand of clubs to prevent reckless actions being taken by clubs who have found themselves to be under funded.

I think this forum needs an FAQ section as the same issues are constantly being asked and answered.

25 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

So is anyone privvy to the legislation for indecent exposure? Because if this happens I cant make any promises about outer garments staying on.... 

As long as nothing is slimey, I think you're good. 

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

NO MORE FLOPPY HAIR

Short back and sides please 

Image result for yari VERSCHAEREN

Could someone get Was on the phone to put in a good word for the club. Youri can show him around.

This guy will be out of our reach in a year or 2, need to get in now.

• Like 2