Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Francisco Trincão

I think he was at Braga before joining them. 

Very highly rated and would be an upgrade on what we’ve got. Fits into the category that we buy, rough diamonds. 

28 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Cant see this happening for a number of reasons.

It doesnt sound like barca want to sell yet, and only will if they get the money up front (I doubt we're shelling 50m on a 20 year old).

Hes only just arrived at barca and probably wants a chance to prove himself.

A 2 year loan may only appeal if it ends up we pay them a significant loan fee each year which I cant seeus doing.

That said, its good we're looking at players like this - definitely what we need to take us to the next level and no shortage of ambition from the club.

Boo! 

Edited by Steve Earle
typo

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/tomsanderson/2020/08/03/fc-barcelona-have-already-reportedly-turned-down-a-big-offer-for-francisco-trincao/amp/

Forbes.com suggesting big money has already been rejected for him. Which makes me think this is agent shenanigans and not actually as reported.  

From what the original source mentioned, the bid that was rejected was from Leicester 

46 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Exactly Ric I don’t see how this deal benefits Barcelona in anyway unless we are wacking a large loan fee at them for the 2 seasons he would be here on loan. That would seem more realistic to me. £10 million x2 for the loan deal and then the £45 million obligatory fee at the end of the 2 seasons. Unless the deal is structured along them lines, I can’t see it happening.  

Actually that might well be it. Pay them the £15m profit over the 2 seasons loan and then chuff up the £30m at the end or hand him back if we have gone tits up ourself. Might be attractive to them, but you'd think they'd want him themselves?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They'll agree to this and then buy Stengs for about £15m won't they? 😥

This exact suggestion is on the Barca forum, but football fans are all stupid (as we know) as they first suggested sell this guy and buy Sarr...

• Haha 2

Just now, coolhandfox said:

I don't really know the player, but the bit I'm uncomfortable with is Barc paid and with hardly playing for them and suddenly worth £50 mil.

He was still on loan at Braga until the end of July

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Makes me think of the Yerry Mina situation. Somethings not quite right. Has been on loan at Braga tho. 

Having said that though, I haven’t seen him play either really so can’t say much about his ability, just seems very left field. 

Thought he played right field? 

One thing about this player is that the club have clearly been tracking him for some time. That he signed for Barcelona is surely a good sign that the scouting department have still got it. I remember back in January he was linked on these forums and no one knew who he was, but Barcelona did and had already signed him. Something in their data analysis must have made him stand out, and I imagine that after watching him the reports have come back extremely favourably. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I don't really know the player, but the bit I'm uncomfortable with is Barc paid and with hardly playing for them and suddenly worth £50 mil.

He's had a very good second half of the season after barca bought him apparently.

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

One thing about this player is that the club have clearly been tracking him for some time. That he signed for Barcelona is surely a good sign that the scouting department have still got it. I remember back in January he was linked on these forums and no one knew who he was, but Barcelona did and had already signed him. Something in their data analysis must have made him stand out, and I imagine that after watching him the reports have come back extremely favourably. 

AbsoluteFearfulDutchsmoushond-size_restr

• Haha 1