Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Francisco Trincão

40 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’ve just stood behind him (1.93m) in the deli queue at Morrison’s, he ordered a box of chicken strips and cross cross chips. 

It's a fantastic deal to be fair, I blame my cholesterol levels on Morrisons

58 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Marseille were after him weren't they? I don't really know but think he's still on our books.

Believe the club really rate him and wondered if he might get some action this pre-season.

There's been some hostility amongst player and club from what someone mentioned on here. Club won't loan him out without him signing a new deal, but he won't sign a new long term deal if there's every chance he doesn't get first team football regularly over the next year or two. I think he wants out.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There's been some hostility amongst player and club from what someone mentioned on here. Club won't loan him out without him signing a new deal, but he won't sign a new long term deal if there's every chance he doesn't get first team football regularly over the next year or two. I think he wants out.

Gotcha. Send him to Barca in a swap for Trincao. Done.

Come on Sidnei! Its Barca!

• Haha 1

With Koeman potentially taking over the managerial reigns the club will probably wait to see who he wants out and who stays.

Hopefully he thinks pushing some of the kids out on loan is a good idea. The priority has to be the big time charlies and their salaries.

Just don't see them being able to negotiate as no one will want to take on those seniors with their hefty price tag - they can sure try.

Maybe a fire sale is the way to go. 

10 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

With Koeman potentially taking over the managerial reigns the club will probably wait to see who he wants out and who stays.

Hopefully he thinks pushing some of the kids out on loan is a good idea. The priority has to be the big time charlies and their salaries.

Just don't see them being able to negotiate as no one will want to take on those seniors with their hefty price tag - they can sure try.

Maybe a fire sale is the way to go. 

...surprised they opted for Koeman!!!

Potential short term appointment, with Pep set to complete his contract with Man. City at the end of the coming season. If that is the case not much will be done and a patched up scenario will probably the outcome.

Not sure why the should not buy Peps contract out and bring him in now. Koeman has been going through clubs like someone collecting stamps.

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...surprised they opted for Koeman!!!

Potential short term appointment, with Pep set to complete his contract with Man. City at the end of the coming season. If that is the case not much will be done and a patched up scenario will probably the outcome.

Not sure why the should not buy Peps contract out and bring him in now. Koeman has been going through clubs like someone collecting stamps.

Thought Xavi was the man they wanted, he just wouldn't come under Bartomeu 

23 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I’ve just stood behind him (1.93m) in the deli queue at Morrison’s, he ordered a box of chicken strips and cross cross chips. 

Gerrim in! If his ability is anything like his choice in food then we got a winner here!

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Thought Xavi was the man they wanted, he just wouldn't come under Bartomeu 

...surprisingly Bartomeu has tried to bring Xavi in to manage the club and this snub is the second time!!!

Xavi would be looking to bring in quality top players and does not feel that he would receive the backing from Bartomeu to put his idea in practise. I think Pep is in effect in the driving seat and I can't see him renewing his contract to stay at Man. City.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...surprisingly Bartomeu has tried to bring Xavi in to manage the club and this snub is the second time!!!

Xavi would be looking to bring in quality top players and does not feel that he would receive the backing from Bartomeu to put his idea in practise. I think Pep is in effect in the driving seat and I can't see him renewing his contract to stay at Man. City.

Xavi would be off his head to go near Barca at the moment. The word last was night Pep has in fact signed an extension, although not a long term one, two years is what was reported.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson

I just  stumbled on a foreign sports reader, called Poutremos Poutra-Poutremos, on YouTube and I think this is happening. It was hard to translate, but I think he said we are signing Trincao, someone called Sminky-Pinky .......... and Chris Waddle, apparently 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Xavi would be off his head to go near Barca at the moment. The word last was night Pep has in fact signed an extension, although not a long term one, two years is what was reported.

...just looking at Koemans'  more recent history, not sure why he has gone to Barca!!!

Like most clubs in a fix they make poor choices and end up turning over managers on a regular basis. Peps "new contract" really means nothing, if he got the call from Barca in December he be there in a shot.

3 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

I just  stumbled on a foreign sports reader, called Poutremos Poutra-Poutremos, on YouTube and I think this is happening. It was hard to translate, but I think he said we are signing Trincao, someone called Sminky-Pinky .......... and Chris Waddle, apparently 🤷‍♂️

Scorchio!

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...just looking at Koemans'  more recent history, not sure why he has gone to Barca!!!

Like most clubs in a fix they make poor choices and end up turning over managers on a regular basis. Peps "new contract" really means nothing, if he got the call from Barca in December he be there in a shot.

Tbh Koeman fits Barca's recent recruitment policy of manager and players in that it's a disaster.

I'm not so sure re Pep, he's never went and rebuilt a team as such, taken a team who were at a really low ebb and turned them around. At Barcelona he inherited an unbelievable squad just about to enter their peak, at Bayern he inherited a squad who had won every trophy available to them and again at City he took on a squad littered with quality that weren't far off being champions again. He chooses his steps far too wisely to go back to Barca in their current state of disrepair, he knows he'll be able to go back there whenever he wants so it'll be best to let someone else handle the pain of the post-messi period beforehand.

• Like 1

Barcelona believe they need a manager that knows and understands both the club and total football. 

Who better than the former Ajax man that Cruyff himself signed at Barcelona? 

The man who Frenkie De Jong is supposed to be the spiritual successor to on the pitch? 

Whilst I agree that his recent managerial career hasn't glittered, he's a more obvious appointment than Setien. It's very rare that Barca go out and just hire one if Europe's top managers regardless. Its nearly always either a former player or someone who they believe fits their natural style. 

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Koeman isn't great with working with younger players, had a fair amount of disputes at Southampton and Everton. Hopefully he instantly hates Trincao and sends us our way in a swap deal for Albrighton.

This has been in the works for years.

messisign.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Koeman isn't great with working with younger players, had a fair amount of disputes at Southampton and Everton. Hopefully he instantly hates Trincao and sends us our way in a swap deal for Albrighton.

This Feyenoord fan disagrees. 

I'll always have a lot of time for Feyenoord and Koeman. I watched many of their matches when I started following football on ESPN3 when it was free to watch. Enjoyed following all the players he mentioned transitioning to the Premier League. Really hope it works out for him at Barca. Nice that clubs that large pick managers on something more important than flavor of the month.

2 minutes ago, SO1 said:

I'll always have a lot of time for Feyenoord and Koeman. I watched many of their matches when I started following football on ESPN3 when it was free to watch. Enjoyed following all the players he mentioned transitioning to the Premier League. Really hope it works out for him at Barca. Nice that clubs that large pick managers on something more important than flavor of the month.

Was absolutely dog shit at Everton though, then made sure Walsh got the blame despite Koeman taking control of all but one signing that year. (he loaned out the promising youngster Walsh had found)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Was absolutely dog shit at Everton though, then made sure Walsh got the blame despite Koeman taking control of all but one signing that year. (he loaned out the promising youngster Walsh had found)

Did great at Southampton. The politics of Everton :frusty: