Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Francisco Trincão

17 minutes ago, Guzzgog said:

Appreciate that this is not the only target we are going for but why waste resource on it when the likelihood is that nothing will happen? Why not use that resource on a more plausible option?

How do you know we're even wasting any resources on it? We may have completely cut this one off days ago. The fact of the matter is that none of us know anything about the current ongoings in the transfer market so criticising the club for something they might not even be doing is bizarre.

• Like 4

Just now, Guzzgog said:

I’m suggesting that there is no evidence to support that Barca are even willing to sell this guy. Everything we’ve seen points to them not wanting to lose the player they have literally just acquired. 

I agree that Chelsea have recruited well however they have got them deals finished and over the line early.

Clearly the players Chelsea signed wanted to go there and Chelsea paid the money needed to get them.

What are in about as well with us just nipping over to Man Utd and picking up fringe players?! This is just a statement you have chucked in cus u ran out of things to say! 😂

Go and grab a coffee my friend. It sounds like you very much need it ️ 

I’m talking about our old recruitment strategy if we missed out on Mr Walsh’s targets. 

Have had several coffees; been working since 5am ish. 8-9 is the ‘correcting dullards’ hour. 

Best of continued luck in your football manager computer game! Should be able to get all your transfers done in a few clicks ! 

1 minute ago, Guzzgog said:

I’m suggesting that there is no evidence to support that Barca are even willing to sell this guy. Everything we’ve seen points to them not wanting to lose the player they have literally just acquired. 

I agree that Chelsea have recruited well however they have got them deals finished and over the line early.

Clearly the players Chelsea signed wanted to go there and Chelsea paid the money needed to get them.

What are in about as well with us just nipping over to Man Utd and picking up fringe players?! This is just a statement you have chucked in cus u ran out of things to say! 😂

Go and grab a coffee my friend. It sounds like you very much need it ️ 

There must be something as teams wouldn't be interested. My guess is he has been told he wont feature in the Barca first team and potentially be loaned out, so his agent has been sly and has probably sent the feelers out he's up for a loan. Clubs get interested, and catch wind of Barca's financial hiccups due to the bat flue, and silly season begins. After all there (might be) a euro's in the summer, and he will wont to be in it. 

Football get's more peculiar by the year it wont be long until Elon Musk makes inquiries to host a friendly on Jupiter. 

1 minute ago, Blanchflower78 said:

the only people keeping us connected to him is folk on here! 

😂😂😂

Theres been interest going back to before he even signed for Barcelona. 

Choose to disbelieve it because he hasn’t instantly signed if you want ... and it’s not to say he will join us or even end up leaving Barcelona but the interest is and has been real. 

Like I keep saying, these things are complex and there are many moving parts. Some folk expect it’s like a transaction with Argos. 

6 minutes ago, Xen said:

How do you know we're even wasting any resources on it? We may have completely cut this one off days ago. The fact of the matter is that none of us know anything about the current ongoings in the transfer market so criticising the club for something they might not even be doing is bizarre.

I have it on good authority that Top and Rudkin along with 15 other senior staff members have been camped out in Barcelona for the last 3 weeks. 

THEY are negotiating tremendously well and refusing to back down. 

5 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

8 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I’m talking about our old recruitment strategy if we missed out on Mr Walsh’s targets. 

Have had several coffees; been working since 5am ish. 8-9 is the ‘correcting dullards’ hour. 

Best of continued luck in your football manager computer game! Should be able to get all your transfers done in a few clicks ! 

Not sure what you’re correcting here fella? Was something said that was wrong or is it cus u disagreed with me? 

Anyway, let’s leave it here. 

Have a cracking rest of your day 👍

4 minutes ago, gerrytaggart said:

I have it on good authority that Top and Rudkin along with 15 other senior staff members have been camped out in Barcelona for the last 3 weeks. 

THEY are negotiating tremendously well and refusing to back down. 

In that case I stand corrected! 😂

38 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

😂😂😂

Theres been interest going back to before he even signed for Barcelona. 

Choose to disbelieve it because he hasn’t instantly signed if you want ... and it’s not to say he will join us or even end up leaving Barcelona but the interest is and has been real. 

Like I keep saying, these things are complex and there are many moving parts. Some folk expect it’s like a transaction with Argos. 

I havent dismissed there has been interest, I believe there has. But the meltdown on here over nothing happening (from what Joe public can see) is purely down to them suggesting were still trying and nothing more than that to substantiate!

1 hour ago, Xen said:

He means we need to stop using resources on it by talking about it in this thread. 

How are any of our other transfers going to get across the line if we're all talking for page after page about Trincao?! 

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

May as well post what Sean From Enderby reckons, that would be about as useful.

Sean says it's dead in the water, that's what the LCFCHQ tweet was referring to. It's amusing seeing both of them call each other out as frauds 

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

What resources are you so nervous are being wasted on it ? If LCFC are keen on the move they will pursue it and other options. Are you suggesting they should give up on players at any obstacle ? I’m not entirely sure what you’re suggesting. 

Generally buying a good player is a fairly long process. 

I’m sure if we wanted to spend millions on a player not wanted by his club who wanted to move on, then that would be easier. They may be rubbish though. 

Chelsea’s recruitment has been very good in my opinion this year and I can guarantee they had to work hard to get those deals done. 

But yeah let’s go back to the days of just ringing Man Utd and seeing who is surplus to requirements there. 

..when you have the financial clout behind you, deals are easier to make!!!

I totally agree that Chelsea has recruited well and should they manage to add Havertz then I see them challenging for the title.

As the club keeps everything guarded, we do not know for certain who our targets are and speculation leads to incredulity when a perceived obvious fit for our team has not been picked up by the club.

The Maguire deal dragged on for most of the window and left little time for us to acquire a replacement. We could easily have blown £50m on a player to come in and I suspect more luck than judgment that Caglar filled the role.

Chilwell will go in this window but we should be in control of the timeline not just the price. Unless we have received assurance that we can get Trincao, we need to move on as the recent developments at Barca has muddied the water somewhat and we appear to be reactive not proactive in our dealings.

Our more recent buys:

Maddison - Leicester were the next step, close to Coventry.

Tielemanns- Toxic atmosphere at Monaco, couldn't wait to get out.

Ricardo - Previously played for Puel, more money, bigger showcase.

Not saying the club did not fight to get these but it would not have needed too much persuasion to bring them here.

We really are not that good working in the transfer market.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

The Maguire deal dragged on for most of the window and left little time for us to acquire a replacement. We could easily have blown £50m on a player to come in and I suspect more luck than judgment that Caglar filled the role.

We just bought Soyuncu and Benkovic for the fun of it?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Chilwell will go in this window but we should be in control of the timeline not just the price. 

What are you suggesting, we should tell Chelsea what they're going to pay and when they're going to pay it? 

Don't you think they might have other ideas? Would you be happy if we capitulated like that when we want to buy a player? 

38 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..when you have the financial clout behind you, deals are easier to make!!!

I totally agree that Chelsea has recruited well and should they manage to add Havertz then I see them challenging for the title.

As the club keeps everything guarded, we do not know for certain who our targets are and speculation leads to incredulity when a perceived obvious fit for our team has not been picked up by the club.

Chilwell will go in this window but we should be in control of the timeline not just the price. Unless we have received assurance that we can get Trincao, we need to move on as the recent developments at Barca has muddied the water somewhat and we appear to be reactive not proactive in our dealings.

Our more recent buys:

Maddison - Leicester were the next step, close to Coventry.

Tielemanns- Toxic atmosphere at Monaco, couldn't wait to get out.

Ricardo - Previously played for Puel, more money, bigger showcase.

Not saying the club did not fight to get these but it would not have needed too much persuasion to bring them here.

We really are not that good working in the transfer market.

Ricardo or Tielemans would not be here if it wasn't for Puel.

I wonder how much of a draw playing for Brendan is compared to say Everton or Wolves. I'd say that they are both probably more attractive managers to play for.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Ricardo or Tielemans would not be here if it wasn't for Puel.

I wonder how much of a draw playing for Brendan is compared to say Everton or Wolves. I'd say that they are both probably more attractive managers to play for.

Ancelotti, yes, no contest. Massive name. 

However, European players do know and respect Brendan Rodgers. He is ex-Liverpool and generally seen as a manager who plays football the "right way". Just a few days ago (Rightly or wrongly) Poch specifically mentioned him as one of the reasons behind the change in style football is played in England. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Webbo said:

What are you suggesting, we should tell Chelsea what they're going to pay and when they're going to pay it? 

Don't you think they might have other ideas? Would you be happy if we capitulated like that when we want to buy a player? 

...why not put a time on the deal....we need to have the opportunity to replace the player!!!!

We ended up in a situation where panic buying did not work out, see Slimani and Ghezzall. We were at the mercy of the other teams whim who wanted our player, the bigger teams would not allow this, why should we?

We can not buy in a Left Back until Chilwell is sold, if the sale takes place 3 days before the deadline, we may have a player in mind but no guarantee our first choice is still available so late in the market, we are not the only team out there!!

17 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...why not put a time on the deal....we need to have the opportunity to replace the player!!!!

We ended up in a situation where panic buying did not work out, see Slimani and Ghezzall. We were at the mercy of the other teams whim who wanted our player, the bigger teams would not allow this, why should we?

We can not buy in a Left Back until Chilwell is sold, if the sale takes place 3 days before the deadline, we may have a player in mind but no guarantee our first choice is still available so late in the market, we are not the only team out there!!

The transfer window doesn't close until October, the season doesn't start  for 4 weeks yet. He's going leave, if hanging on a bit increases the fee what's the big deal? 

Rushing these things because people on an Internet forum are bored waiting for some news is not good business. 

• Like 2