Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Francisco Trincão

I think we're underestimating the fall out from last nites final nail in the barca coffin. There problems are beyond any quick fixes like getting key players from other clubs. They simply don't have the finances to pay out which they will need if they want the right calibre. No club is gonna bend over as they are desperate now not to go into next season getting kicked around by the competiton. The Trincao deal is more likely to happen to secure much needed cash. The kid is not ready for them right now so better he goes out on loan and they fast track him back in 2 seasons time. Just the terms to sort out which I trust the lcfc board are more than savvy and astute to get a good deal done for us. :thumbup:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Do you think Barcelona selling Arthur in exchange for Pjanic and €10m was equally baffling?

They are run by complete lunatics and they are desperate for money. They have sold young players in the past, including Arthur and Mina among others, at the first sniff of any profit.

Actually Barcelona probably did buy him without a plan and without reason, or at least purely a plan to make money. They and Real Madrid often do that, buying top young players then realising there's no room for them in the squad. They get loans to clubs like Getafe and then they make a decent profit. It's what the clubs are built on.

Barca would not have sacked Setien if they'd lost on penalties tonight, IMO. They've sacked him because the players gave up playing for him, and have lost in the most embarrassing way imaginable. They weren't *that* desperate for an overhaul, it's not as though Real Madrid had a 25 point lead on them like Liverpool over Manchester City.

But the fans will demand change now, the fans dictate decision-making so heavily at that club and in fact all clubs.

Anyone who has heard anything that has come out of Josep Maria Bartomeu's mouth, or seen any of the actions he and the Barcelona board have taken, cannot tell me selling Trincao for a simple profit would be among their more baffling decisions.

You’ve got it all mapped out for Barcelona.

Barça always finds a way out of any financial troubles they’re in— it’s the same damn story every year regarding their finances, the only difference is that this season was a bust results-wise. 

They’ve sent us back home multiple times already and fired a warning shot at Soyuncu. The arrogance on this thread is something else. 

3 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Depends who comes in.

If it was Pochettino (who it is suggested has already had meetings with the clubs top brass), I get the sense Trincão is exactly the type of player he’d look to incorporate into his squad.

I think our hopes of securing this transfer (inside this window at least) were put to bed last night sadly.

If you’re Trincão, who only officially joined Barca last month, you will want to be there at the start of pre-season.

Even if Barca were to accept our approach in the end, I think we’ll find it equally difficult to convince the player himself. 

This is a very good and sensible post. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_77 said:

This is a very good and sensible post. 

Thanks - I try to avoid hyperbole, but maybe that approach will get in the way of  ambitions to become a journalist.

Sadly, sensationalism and nonsensical positions tends to be the stuff that gets the views and reaction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I don’t think Barca can afford it frankly. Apparently they’re financial state is more problematic than they’re admitting. 

My understanding with Barca was that they’re such an institution that they’ve basically got a blank cheque in terms of funds.

They are essentially too big to fail.

Whether that’s changed a little because of the COVID crisis, coupled with Spain’s finances as a country traditionally being a bit of a basket case I don’t know? 

True, I have heard the mood music about there finances, but as with a lot of things these days, I’m not certain if it’s been created by comments from pundits on the outside looking in or from sources within Barca themselves? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, reynard said:

Could well be. I'm hoping we don't lose him but frankly if Barcelona are really truly interested I can't see us stopping the move.

Only at the right price as he is still under contract.

24 minutes ago, LCFCJ said:

Just tried to get some info about trincao out of Mr Rudkin in the chippy, wasn’t having any of it😔

That's a very good sign.

14 hours ago, reynard said:

I suspect last night's result will have sent shock waves through the club and that they may now review where they are headed This deal seems unlikely to happen. More likely is them looking at Caglar and Ricardo. Despite their situation they still have massive power in the market and are an attraction beyond anything we can ever hope to offer.

Very true re them but our owners would want absolute top dollar and at present, they don't have a pot to piss in compared to many other teams. They need to rebuild and are in a bit of a mess financially. 

12 hours ago, The_77 said:

Barça always finds a way out of any financial troubles they’re in— it’s the same damn story every year regarding their finances, the only difference is that this season was a bust results-wise. 

I think dismissing it as "it's the same old financial troubles" is a little reductive. A lot of their revenue has been attacked by COVID, and they were in a tight spot financially before that anyway. I'll believe they can continue to sign players like they did last year and the year before, when they actually do so.

Guest Markyblue
14 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

My understanding with Barca was that they’re such an institution that they’ve basically got a blank cheque in terms of funds.

They are essentially too big to fail.

Whether that’s changed a little because of the COVID crisis, coupled with Spain’s finances as a country traditionally being a bit of a basket case I don’t know? 

True, I have heard the mood music about there finances, but as with a lot of things these days, I’m not certain if it’s been created by comments from pundits on the outside looking in or from sources within Barca themselves? 

Too big to fail ! Wow a very bold statement that . Man utd probably the biggest club in the world relegated in the 70s, numerous huge companies gone to the wall, whole countries gone bankrupt,  Barcelona have no god given super powers to rise above the problems that affect every other club. That said i have no idea of their finances but nobody is exempt from financial problems. 

Guest bss9401
12 hours ago, LCFCJ said:

Just tried to get some info about trincao out of Mr Rudkin in the chippy, wasn’t having any of it😔

Why would a Rudkin spend money in a nice restaurant when he can get food from the chippy?

Just like our current transfer policy.