Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Francisco Trincão

7 minutes ago, Webbo said:

The transfer window doesn't close until October, the season doesn't start  for 4 weeks yet. He's going leave, if hanging on a bit increases the fee what's the big deal? 

Rushing these things because people on an Internet forum are bored waiting for some news is not good business. 

..absolutely no guarantee the longer we wait the better the price!!!

I believe the price will be something like £60-65m, below what I would understand to be a fair price.

The reason that I would like us to be more aggressive with the timeline is to allow us more flexibility in the market. If we should suggest a date say the Sept. 7th in order to meet our valuation of say £80m or a fee with a player of which we agree and the deal to be concluded on or by that date. We should then keep Chilwell and his agent appraised of the situation for clarity.

There is nothing stopping Chelsea from sitting in this situation knowing that they will pay the £80m fee and waiting on the last day to complete knowing that we would not be able to get our deal done and weakening us at the same time.

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Ricardo or Tielemans would not be here if it wasn't for Puel.

I wonder how much of a draw playing for Brendan is compared to say Everton or Wolves. I'd say that they are both probably more attractive managers to play for.

Yes, I think also that's Ancellotti and Santo would be known and respected more by overseas players than Rodgers. Their teams also under their management seem to be on the up compared to the doubt surrounding Leicester after their drastic second half of the season collapse. 

2 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

I'm sure we do also, time to move on I feel

We've had one link from Fabrizio Romano that we were looking at the player, we've heard nothing since and all the talk from Barca is that he isn't leaving. This link has been continued by us on the forum speculating and praying, nothing more.

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Our more recent buys:

Maddison - Leicester were the next step, close to Coventry.

Tielemanns- Toxic atmosphere at Monaco, couldn't wait to get out.

Ricardo - Previously played for Puel, more money, bigger showcase.

Not saying the club did not fight to get these but it would not have needed too much persuasion to bring them here.

We really are not that good working in the transfer market.

Medium-income club arranges transfer deals and personal contracts for players worth £40m or more, who could walk into most XIs in the Prem, and continues changing its fortunes from a yo-yo club to a CL contender. 

Yeah, we suck in the transfer market.  All that improvement must have been down to Ranieri, Shakey and Puel.  #rudkinout

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

We've had one link from Fabrizio Romano that we were looking at the player, we've heard nothing since and all the talk from Barca is that he isn't leaving. This link has been continued by us on the forum speculating and praying, nothing more.

Lol. This thread is full of people acting like they know what Barcelona is going to do and that Trincao must be sold. 😂

Bartemou said that Barcelona are not short of money, but they do need to reduce their wage outlay. 

Losing kids is not a great way to do that, they want rid of these old boys, excluding Messi.

If no old boys can be sold/offloaded, then nearer the end of the window, it may be a possibility.

Seems possible Suarez may be back to Ajax

So who can we loan from Barcelona (not kids, Messi or those touted to remain) who would help in the short term - guessing nobody.

22 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Much as I fancy Trincao here, we need to solve our left-footed RW problem this summer, not half way through the season...

Time to test Villarreal's resolve for Mr. Chukwueze.

Edited by wardyfox86
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Much as I fancy Trincao here, we need to solve our left-footed RW problem this summer, not half way through the season...

Fvck me, Getting boring now, ain’t it. Why don’t we just lay £40m on for Ismalia Sarr from Watford. Right winger, 5 goals 6 assists, Job done.

30 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Fvck me, Getting boring now, ain’t it. Why don’t we just lay £40m on for Ismalia Sarr from Watford. Right winger, 5 goals 6 assists, Job done.

So glad youre not in charge of transfers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I also read he wants to keep Coutinho and wants a centre-forward too.

Even if he plays 4 forwards in a 4-2-3-1, he'll have:

Messi

Griezmann

Coutinho

Dembele

CF (Martinez/Depay/Suarez)

Winger? (Stengs?)

Fati

That doesn't even include the potential for Pedri/Puig/van de Beek? to play the no.10 role.

It would be career suicide for Trincao to stay under those circumstances. Give us a loan with option at least.

2 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Arent the stengs rumours just some generic koeman-dutch player link? Dont think there's more to it than that.

SkySports were reporting it. Barca have been linked for ages and now Koeman is there who gave him his debut where he set 2 goals up, its inevitable the rumours persist.