Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Francisco Trincão

28 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

LMAO Barcelona's best player was Coutinho, who was playing for the other team. 2 goals and an assist for Bayern!

I think that makes this transfer a lot more probable, Barcelona need a massive change and they will focus on the short term for sure.

It could go one of three ways, either they will take the nuclear option and sell the likes of Trincao to raise funds for some big hitters or they may decide to rebuild for the future and integrate trincao quicker. I think though the third and most likely way this will go is that this result will effect absolutely nothing in regards to their transfer policy. Multi billion pound companies don't make decisions based on one event, they'll have a long term plan and I doubt this game will have any effect personally. 

54 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Why not?  they will lose money on them (Suarez won’t be much of a fee for sure ) but many of the others will bring in a decent fee. I still think that players like trincao are seen as their future and they will want the fans to buy into young talent as they now rebuild. 

Only place Suarez would go is surely Qatar or China? He's 33, one year left on his contract and earns 400k a week. Griezmann is on about 350k a week and they paid over 100m for him only 12 months ago, can't see many teams queueing up for him after the season he's had tbh. Dembele could go to another top team in Europe, but he'd cost quite a bit and earns 200k a week. Barca really are a mess at the minute.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Why not?  they will lose money on them (Suarez won’t be much of a fee for sure ) but many of the others will bring in a decent fee. I still think that players like trincao are seen as their future and they will want the fans to buy into young talent as they now rebuild. 

Wages too big, players too old or not good enough. The most saleable asset by far is a 20 year old who's just lit up the Portuguese league.

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

Barcelona now need to rebuild and in a big way.

They won't get any buyers for Suarez, Griezmann, Dembele, and Fati is the golden child. And those four to Messi and surely a marquee forward to cheer up the fans (Lautaro Martinez) and Trincao still won't play.

Nobody will want players like Rakitic either - it's players in the exact bracket like Arthur and Trincao who will generate interest. If you're Barcelona and you aren't going to use him this season, you surely have to let him go on a permanent and get some much needed cash.

Because he won’t play much for one season? Do you think Barcelona bought him for no reason and didn’t have some plan for him? 

Do you think Barcelona had no idea until today that the squad was in need of an overhaul?

Some of the thinking on this thread is baffling. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Because he won’t play much for one season? Do you think Barcelona bought him for no reason and didn’t have some plan for him? 

Do you think Barcelona had no idea until today that the squad was in need of an overhaul?

Do you think Barcelona selling Arthur in exchange for Pjanic and €10m was equally baffling?

They are run by complete lunatics and they are desperate for money. They have sold young players in the past, including Arthur and Mina among others, at the first sniff of any profit.

Actually Barcelona probably did buy him without a plan and without reason, or at least purely a plan to make money. They and Real Madrid often do that, buying top young players then realising there's no room for them in the squad. They get loans to clubs like Getafe and then they make a decent profit. It's what the clubs are built on.

Barca would not have sacked Setien if they'd lost on penalties tonight, IMO. They've sacked him because the players gave up playing for him, and have lost in the most embarrassing way imaginable. They weren't *that* desperate for an overhaul, it's not as though Real Madrid had a 25 point lead on them like Liverpool over Manchester City.

But the fans will demand change now, the fans dictate decision-making so heavily at that club and in fact all clubs.

Anyone who has heard anything that has come out of Josep Maria Bartomeu's mouth, or seen any of the actions he and the Barcelona board have taken, cannot tell me selling Trincao for a simple profit would be among their more baffling decisions.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The_77 said:

...His only chance is to be seen by the New manager who will have to do a rebuild!!!

This set of players have failed this season and tonight's result has brought it to the fore.

With new management it will be unlikely that he will be released this summer, so we need to be looking elsewhere.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...His only chance is to be seen by the New manager who will have to do a rebuild!!!

This set of players have failed this season and tonight's result has brought it to the fore.

With new management it will be unlikely that he will be released this summer, so we need to be looking elsewhere.

Why? New management usually want to bring in new players to put their own stamp on the team. If they struggle to sell on their highest earners, which they will, then selling fringe players like Trincao might be their only option to make room for new signings.

40 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Actually Barcelona probably did buy him without a plan and without reason, or at least purely a plan to make money. They and Real Madrid often do that, buying top young players then realising there's no room for them in the squad. They get loans to clubs like Getafe and then they make a decent profit. It's what the clubs are built on.

jeffschlupp gets it. This is how the biggest clubs in the world operate, as it's a very profitable model for them. Look at Chelsea in the Premier League - they had Salah, KDB, Lukaku and Ake on their books but sold them all off over the years. Occasionally a young player does hit the ground running right from the off, but for the most part they sign big name players to go into the first team and they use the young prospects to generate funds.

Barcelona have the biggest wage bill in European football, Lionel Messi alone is on 23m a season. They've just been destroyed 8-2 and will need to bring in another coach. They are going to be turning over a lot of players, and whilst that doesn't mean we get Trincao, I don't see him at Barcelona next season.

Watching that game tonight was fascinating. Whilst many commented on the similarities of the game to the 7-1 defeat Germany inflicted on Brazil in 2014, for me it was more reminiscent of Spain's group stage exit at the same tournament, when it was clear that Xavi and Iniesta were past it. Messi losing the ball near the end and not giving a single **** to try and get it back said it all, especially compared to Lewandoski who was charging down everything even at the end of the game, despite aleady having score over 50 goals this season.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Why? New management usually want to bring in new players to put their own stamp on the team. If they struggle to sell on their highest earners, which they will, then selling fringe players like Trincao might be their only option to make room for new signings.

...new management takes a look at what is there and then decide if he can work with them!!!

Everyone starts at zero, any player on the fringe of the first team wants to try and impress the new manager and fight for his place, Trincao will not be looking to go anywhere while he has the opportunity to fight to get in the first team.

• Like 1

Barcelona are in short term trouble. Their wage bill is far too high to allow much manoeuvrability in the transfer market without sales. Their assets are aging and decreasing in value. Although neither point is terminal, they do represent a short term limitation on flexibility within the market.

Barcelona may actually need their younger players to see out this storm whilst leading the older players out to pasture at clubs who love buying names, or they could go the opposite way and flog all the younger assets to persist with the madness.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Barcelona are in short term trouble. Their wage bill is far too high to allow much manoeuvrability in the transfer market without sales. Their assets are aging and decreasing in value. Although neither point is terminal, they do represent a short term limitation on flexibility within the market.

Barcelona may actually need their younger players to see out this storm whilst leading the older players out to pasture at clubs who love buying names, or they could go the opposite way and flog all the younger assets to persist with the madness.

Them selling Arthur is a good sign for us, seems they are amenable to selling their younger assets to balance the books.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, peach0000 said:

It could go one of three ways, either they will take the nuclear option and sell the likes of Trincao to raise funds for some big hitters or they may decide to rebuild for the future and integrate trincao quicker. I think though the third and most likely way this will go is that this result will effect absolutely nothing in regards to their transfer policy. Multi billion pound companies don't make decisions based on one event, they'll have a long term plan and I doubt this game will have any effect personally. 

This is Barcelona we’re talking about here - they have no long term plans, other than their fabled footballing ideology.

It’s a club where an elected President and their marquee player has held the ultimate power for decades - with arguably the later holding more sway - and everyone else within that environment dances to their tune.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Them selling Arthur is a good sign for us, seems they are amenable to selling their younger assets to balance the books.

Indeed. Would imagine it depends if Bartomeu is ousted, but would imagine sacrificing Setien is enough for now and Bartomeu will see out his tenure.
For Trincao, let us hope so anyway.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

All the above comments about them needing money seem to miss the point that big money was the last thing we were offering at the moment .......

A bit like us taking out a loan on prem money that’s coming in I imagine they’d do the same re us buying the lad in 2 years, would actually make a lot of sense 

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

All the above comments about them needing money seem to miss the point that big money was the last thing we were offering at the moment .......

I also expect he's not on mad wages either. Coutinhio is the one they need rid of and he's not done any damage to his price tag last night. 

26 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

A bit like us taking out a loan on prem money that’s coming in I imagine they’d do the same re us buying the lad in 2 years, would actually make a lot of sense 

but they would prefer the money now rather than making additional arrangements with financial institutions and someone somewhere will probably offer that .....

Setien isn't a manager, he's a head coach. He has/had minimal say in transfer activity. So him leaving and somebody new coming in won't change the likelihood of the deal too much.

Barcelona buy for the here and now, as evidenced by them buying a 30 year old Pjanic whilst shipping out a 24 year old Arthur. If they spotted an ageing RW that they could sign for £80m they'd jump at the chance to sell Trincao to fund some of it. 

I suspect last night's result will have sent shock waves through the club and that they may now review where they are headed This deal seems unlikely to happen. More likely is them looking at Caglar and Ricardo. Despite their situation they still have massive power in the market and are an attraction beyond anything we can ever hope to offer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

Setien isn't a manager, he's a head coach. He has/had minimal say in transfer activity. So him leaving and somebody new coming in won't change the likelihood of the deal too much.

Barcelona buy for the here and now, as evidenced by them buying a 30 year old Pjanic whilst shipping out a 24 year old Arthur. If they spotted an ageing RW that they could sign for £80m they'd jump at the chance to sell Trincao to fund some of it. 

Depends who comes in.

If it was Pochettino (who it is suggested has already had meetings with the clubs top brass), I get the sense Trincão is exactly the type of player he’d look to incorporate into his squad.

I think our hopes of securing this transfer (inside this window at least) were put to bed last night sadly.

If you’re Trincão, who only officially joined Barca last month, you will want to be there at the start of pre-season.

Even if Barca were to accept our approach in the end, I think we’ll find it equally difficult to convince the player himself. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, reynard said:

I suspect last night's result will have sent shock waves through the club and that they may now review where they are headed This deal seems unlikely to happen. More likely is them looking at Caglar and Ricardo. Despite their situation they still have massive power in the market and are an attraction beyond anything we can ever hope to offer.

You have to wonder if the rumour on Cags is a tit for tat move on the part of Barca? (not withstanding that he’d actually be a very astute signing for them).

1 hour ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

You have to wonder if the rumour on Cags is a tit for tat move on the part of Barca? (not withstanding that he’d actually be a very astute signing for them).

Could well be. I'm hoping we don't lose him but frankly if Barcelona are really truly interested I can't see us stopping the move.

13 minutes ago, reynard said:

Could well be. I'm hoping we don't lose him but frankly if Barcelona are really truly interested I can't see us stopping the move.

I don’t think Barca can afford it frankly. Apparently they’re financial state is more problematic than they’re admitting. 

• Like 1