Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Francisco Trincão

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

Southampton weren't that arsed when he left. He'd fallen out with most people there.

Not an easy job when you have your best players sold out from under you every window. And the replacements didn't always come good. Hard job to manage in clubs like that because eventually your luck runs out. Sadly Everton was a bad choice for Koeman and he's paid for that. I've always thought he was a good manager. I hope it works out for him at Barca.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

This Feyenoord fan disagrees. 

That Feyenoord fan also says he had to pick youth players as he had no choice. Koeman had a reputation of being an excellent coach with young players and yet at both Southampton and Everton had a number of fall outs over selecting young players hence my tongue in cheek remark. The thing with Koeman is, he could fall out with an empty room let alone some 18 year old with a see through 8 grand ruck sack. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Not an easy job when you have your best players sold out from under you every window. And the replacements didn't always come good. Hard job to manage in clubs like that because eventually your luck runs out. Sadly Everton was a bad choice for Koeman and he's paid for that. I've always thought he was a good manager. I hope it works out for him at Barca.

Tbf that was Southampton's model and he would have been well aware of that when he took the job.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Barcelona believe they need a manager that knows and understands both the club and total football. 

Who better than the former Ajax man that Cruyff himself signed at Barcelona? 

The man who Frenkie De Jong is supposed to be the spiritual successor to on the pitch? 

Whilst I agree that his recent managerial career hasn't glittered, he's a more obvious appointment than Setien. It's very rare that Barca go out and just hire one if Europe's top managers regardless. Its nearly always either a former player or someone who they believe fits their natural style. 

...a lot like the Leicester Tigers!!!

The Board decision was to always employ ex players as head coaches and so the club eventually got lost down a rabbit hole. The idea did work for some time but such a system was always susceptible to the laws of diminishing returns.

Some time you need fresh blood and to move away from the past, in order to build a new dynasty.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Right im really confused.

Yes thats not hard to do.

Are we signing this kid?

Or signing Messi?

Or are actually gonna sign anyone lol 😆 

We’re signing Ronald Koeman 

Bartomeu seems to be suggesting only the old farts are being sold, but they are going to have a limited market I would  have thought :dunno:

• Like 1

Not for sale doesn't mean not for loan :ph34r:

Bartomeu made a lot of signals about selling players to get the wage bill down. The wage bill is their problem and he said changes should have been made last year after the Anfield game but waited. I can't see Trincao being loaned out if Bartomeu is true to his word...

2 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

According to these snippets they’re basically not selling anyone... suuuuure

I'm sure the government will loan them a few hundred million. FFP and all that.

4 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

I doubt the Madrid based Castilian central government is going to do such a thing. Touchy history. 

Surely there must be some dirty money about somewhere. Or do they just pass the plate around the city?

We need to move on from this lad and quick. Is it really gonna happen?! Doubtful. 

If we are not careful we will spend the whole window trying to sign him and miss out on any other potential targets.

Has there even been a recent link to us still being interested in him?

3 minutes ago, Guzzgog said:

We need to move on from this lad and quick. Is it really gonna happen?! Doubtful. 

If we are not careful we will spend the whole window trying to sign him and miss out on any other potential targets.

Has there even been a recent link to us still being interested in him?

LCFC don’t just work on one target. Lots of irons will be in the fire for all eventualities. It’s a lot more complicated than many seem to think. It’s not football manager on the computer ! And LCFC is not the club of 15 years ago. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

LCFC don’t just work on one target. Lots of irons will be in the fire for all eventualities. It’s a lot more complicated than many seem to think. It’s not football manager on the computer ! And LCFC is not the club of 15 years ago. 

Appreciate that this is not the only target we are going for but why waste resource on it when the likelihood is that nothing will happen? Why not use that resource on a more plausible option?

1 minute ago, Guzzgog said:

Appreciate that this is not the only target we are going for but why waste resource on it when the likelihood is that nothing will happen? Why not use that resource on a more plausible option?

What resources are you so nervous are being wasted on it ? If LCFC are keen on the move they will pursue it and other options. Are you suggesting they should give up on players at any obstacle ? I’m not entirely sure what you’re suggesting. 

Generally buying a good player is a fairly long process. 

I’m sure if we wanted to spend millions on a player not wanted by his club who wanted to move on, then that would be easier. They may be rubbish though. 

Chelsea’s recruitment has been very good in my opinion this year and I can guarantee they had to work hard to get those deals done. 

But yeah let’s go back to the days of just ringing Man Utd and seeing who is surplus to requirements there. 

4 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

What resources are you so nervous are being wasted on it ? If LCFC are keen on the move they will pursue it and other options. Are you suggesting they should give up on players at any obstacle ? I’m not entirely sure what you’re suggesting. 

Generally buying a good player is a fairly long process. 

I’m sure if we wanted to spend millions on a player not wanted by his club who wanted to move on, then that would be easier. They may be rubbish though. 

Chelsea’s recruitment has been very good in my opinion this year and I can guarantee they had to work hard to get those deals done. 

But yeah let’s go back to the days of just ringing Man Utd and seeing who is surplus to requirements there. 

I’m suggesting that there is no evidence to support that Barca are even willing to sell this guy. Everything we’ve seen points to them not wanting to lose the player they have literally just acquired. 

I agree that Chelsea have recruited well however they have got them deals finished and over the line early.

Clearly the players Chelsea signed wanted to go there and Chelsea paid the money needed to get them.

What are in about as well with us just nipping over to Man Utd and picking up fringe players?! This is just a statement you have chucked in cus u ran out of things to say! 😂

Go and grab a coffee my friend. It sounds like you very much need it ️