Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

Just now, MGLCFC said:

Trouble is we need a centre half now.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Issue is we need one this year 

We supposedly have a very good scouting network, surely we can find someone for half of what Burnley are asking for and then go back in for Tarkowski next season

5 minutes ago, Shane said:

Anything above 30-35m is too much I think. He could go for a bargain price next summer with 1 year left on his contract.

It's our own fault for rinsing United to the tune of £80m for Maguire. Totally skewed the CB market. Still, it was worth it just for the shits 'n' giggles.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

3 hours ago, Shane said:

We supposedly have a very good scouting network, surely we can find someone for half of what Burnley are asking for and then go back in for Tarkowski next season

Personally I want better than Tark. Don't really rate him for that much. 20mil tops

Edited by Nickbluefox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TeaMen Tom said:

Ownership is putting no new money into club - they're old - they could well be fighting to stay in the league.  He's pretty much in his prime.  Can't fault him for trying to force a move if that's what he's doing. 

Same for applies for us though?

5 minutes ago, Shane said:

It's about finding someone to fit our style, want to move here, be available for our price range and have the attitude to fit in. It's not as simple as FM. There isn't a supposedly about it, we have a scouting/recruitment department many in the league are jealous of.

12 minutes ago, Shane said:

Yes we have a first class scouting network, which have identified Fofana and/or Tarkowski as number one choices. How far do we go down a list before we end up with a player we don't really want. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

Players have way too much power these days. Maybe on Monday morning I'll try and blackmail my boss into promoting me or giving me a pay rise - somehow I don't think I'll get very far. 

Can't you set your own prices on Only Fans?

12 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Same for applies for us though?

It's about finding someone to fit our style, want to move here, be available for our price range and have the attitude to fit in. It's not as simple as FM. There isn't a supposedly about it, we have a scouting/recruitment department many in the league are jealous of.

6 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Yes we have a first class scouting network, which have identified Fofana and/or Tarkowski as number one choices. How far do we go down a list before we end up with a player we don't really want. 

you’re both right tbf, just hope there’s enough left over in the budget for 1-2 more signings after Tarkowski

39 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Thats twice he's played this game now, first at Brentford and now Burnley. I thought this was the snobby sort of behavior that we looked down on and didn't accept here?

This year and next is his best chance to get the last juicy contract of his playing career. It's in his, his family's and his agents best interest for him to get the move, so he's pushing for it like he did at Brentford, which also turned out to be a good decision. Burnley will be paid adequately for his services.

Coming here at 27-28 you'd hope to minimally get 2 seasons out of him before another big club could come in, which is unlikely. So if we pay him well enough we get a good & proven player in his prime years hoping to earn his keep here for the rest of his career, with an England place to play for too.

Edited by Jaspa

32 minutes ago, Shane said:

Is there no one in the Championship or league one? Vardy came from Fleetwood.

• Haha 1