Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

7 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I’ve never understood why some clubs insist on upping the price because the player has a sell on clause. If the selling club agreed to putting the clause in there, why on earth should the buying club pay for it?

The selling club gets to set whatever price they want to, but I agree - they shouldn't expect anyone to pay for them agreeing to something they wish they hadn't.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

We’ll get this done then there’s a decent chance we’ll start seeing 3 at the back more 👌🏻

Just curious - is that something you want to see? I'm more interested in seeing Barnes, Vardy and Under terrorising defences as a front 3.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Just curious - is that something you want to see? I'm more interested in seeing Barnes, Vardy and Under terrorising defences as a front 3.

Will Under be playing today? Seems unlikely no?

If we were to sign him then there would be massive pressure on Rodgers to start him every game due to the large fee. Who do you drop out of Evans and Soyuncu? And I can't see us going to a back 3 on a regular basis with the signing of Under. Put all our efforts into Tah I say.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Will Under be playing today? Seems unlikely no?

It’s not unlikely - he isn’t 

he only arrived in the U.K. yesterday and his clearance wouldn’t have come through before noon on Friday 

48 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

The selling club gets to set whatever price they want to, but I agree - they shouldn't expect anyone to pay for them agreeing to something they wish they hadn't.

We didn’t get what we wanted for chilwell ....... ‘events dear boy, events’ .......

Edited by st albans fox
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

If we were to sign him then there would be massive pressure on Rodgers to start him every game due to the large fee. Who do you drop out of Evans and Soyuncu? And I can't see us going to a back 3 on a regular basis with the signing of Under. Put all our efforts into Tah I say.

You don’t drop either. you play 3 at the back.

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

You don’t drop either. you play 3 at the back.

So how you going up top the? Barnes and Under as inverted wingers meaning you'll have to drop Maddison/Tielemans or Ndidi (when fit) or are you going with two strikers in which case Under is on the bench and Barnes is either with him or playing up top? 

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

So how you going up top the? Barnes and Under as inverted wingers meaning you'll have to drop Maddison/Tielemans or Ndidi (when fit) or are you going with two strikers in which case Under is on the bench and Barnes is either with him or playing up top? 

i basically just meant  we’ll be playing a few different formations to fit the needs of more games we will be playing.

plus, we might start 3 at the back and switch half way through. Or the other way round..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

I’ve never understood why some clubs insist on upping the price because the player has a sell on clause. If the selling club agreed to putting the clause in there, why on earth should the buying club pay for it?

Basic business. Always pass as much cost on to someone else in the chain to protect your own margin.

We're desperate for cover as it is with just 2 centre-halves in the team. If we switch to 3 at the back, we'll want another 2 in the squad, and at least one of Barnes and Under will be left on the bench.

Although it looks like we're spending big on a CB, I don't think it means we're going to 3 atb. It just means we'll be able to rotate, which is something we will need to do this season.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

It’s about options mate and we don’t have many at the back. Them 3 up front could be very good if it works out 👌🏻

6 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

It’s about options mate and we don’t have many at the back. Them 3 up front could be very good if it works out 👌🏻

I agree it is good to have a squad that is able to play in different formations, but I think a back 4 has to be our default. That gets the best out of what we've got. If we want to play with 3 at the back often, we probably need at least 2 new CBs. We're finding it hard enough to sign just the one.