Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League clubs vote against five substitute proposal for next season

1 hour ago, Hoopla10 said:

I'd be curious how they'd also feel spending most (if not all) season not getting off the bench. That's got to be kind of demoralizing, right? Maybe not. 

What’s better sitting in the stands all season watching or being in the changing room and seeing/feeling how top players prepare and act at Premier League level?Then as they feel more comfortable in that environment they progress and develop quicker than if they’ve never experienced it before. 

25 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

I would stop any tactical substitutions being made after 90 mins is up. 

It's so feckin annoying, disrupts any momentum in the game and encourages even more time wasting. 

Just my opinion 👍

Players would be encouraged to feign injury like they used to when subs were just for injuries.

23 minutes ago, davieG said:

Players would be encouraged to feign injury like they used to when subs were just for injuries.

If it's a serious injury, then that's fine. 

Cramp, which is very convenient and only seems to happen to players on the team that happens to be winning, needs extra additional time added on. 

Manager's might decide to cut it out if even more time was added. 

Cheating, time wasting and gamesmanship needs to be eradicated from the game and proper measures need putting in place. 

Use VAR and impose bans if necessary 👍

Surprised that 9 voted for it to be quite honest. I assume it was the 'Big 6' and maybe one or two down the bottom, such as your Brighton's, who are perfectly satisfied with staying up, and their squad depth will be stronger than teams they're competing with (the promoted sides). 

Guest Markyblue
40 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

My guess would be:

Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Wolves, Leicester, Everton.

This.

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Not good for us, but the right decision.

Why is it not good for us? We should be confident of winning against clubs outside the top 6 irrespective of this rule change but our squad depth is way off the Big 6's as was shown in the FA Cup game v Chelsea when they were able to bring on a phalanx of internationals to turn a game around in their favour. Anything that stops the Big 6 having a further advantage is fine by me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Why is it not good for us? We should be confident of winning against clubs outside the top 6 irrespective of this rule change but our squad depth is way off the Big 6's as was shown in the FA Cup game v Chelsea when they were able to bring on a phalanx of internationals to turn a game around in their favour. Anything that stops the Big 6 having a further advantage is fine by me.

With our thin squad, and EL, 5 subs would definitely help lessen the impact of all those games.

It’s the right decision.

Was getting ridiculous by the end, 6/7 mins added time was becoming the norm.

Need to get rid of the drinks break too before it becomes TV ads.

Does anyone know if the drinks break was a temporary change (that automatically lapses next season), or does that require a vote to overturn it as well? 

Edited by leicesterseddon

14 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

Cramp, which is very convenient and only seems to happen to players on the team that happens to be winning, needs extra additional time added on. 

Cheating, time wasting and gamesmanship needs to be eradicated from the game and proper measures need putting in place. 

Absolutely this. Should be an instant red for gamesmanship, diving, etc. Its the scurge of the game has been for a while.

Have a feeling it wont go as it's a tactic used by the elite to maintain their dominance.

15 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

21 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Absolutely this. Should be an instant red for gamesmanship, diving, etc. Its the scurge of the game has been for a while.

Have a feeling it wont go as it's a tactic used by the elite to maintain their dominance.

But in practice Man U etc would be allowed to have players perpetually rolling around in injury time where as the minute a Leicester player went down would result in a 3 match ban, oh and VAR would back this up.

26 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Yeah because we would never do that........

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

It suggests that maybe we voted for it. :dunno:

On 06/08/2020 at 16:49, DerbyshireFox said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we voted for, not that any of us would want it, but with Europe next season, shorter pre season, and the injuries we had, it’s not beyond the realms of possibility. Wolves maybe given the length of their season? I was expecting 14-6 but at least it didn’t go through 

👍