Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Bertrand Traore

28 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Lyon's Demarai Gray, avoid

With how much more European experience ? He’d be an upgrade on Demari. More direct, actually runs at people and doesn’t just limit himself to the wing. I don’t understand how people cannot fathom the need for some upgrades around our squad players as well as the the areas of the 11 that need development. 

• Like 1

Demarai Gray has qualities.  He made some good contributions last season.  He could do more.  If he remain s a Leicester player, we should back him.

If Traore improves our squad excellent.

Dismissing Traore as another team's Demarai Gray is discombobulating.   A current player and a potential signing both maligned in one post.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Appalling stats for a forward. No thanks. 

1454847209_Screenshot_20200811-085407_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.0914264c3b50046bbda9527f862bda6e.jpg

I don't know much about Ligue 1 and even less about Traore. Anyone know why his form appears to have nose-dived over the past two years? 13 goals & 4 assists in 17/18 down to 1 goal & 3 assists in 19/20 in the league. He also only made 23 league appearances last season. The numbers are a bit concerning.

1 hour ago, casablancas said:

With how much more European experience ? He’d be an upgrade on Demari. More direct, actually runs at people and doesn’t just limit himself to the wing. I don’t understand how people cannot fathom the need for some upgrades around our squad players as well as the the areas of the 11 that need development. 

Would be too expensive for what he offers. If we're paying £20 million+, we need end product.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

1454847209_Screenshot_20200811-085407_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.0914264c3b50046bbda9527f862bda6e.jpg

I don't know much about Ligue 1 and even less about Traore. Anyone know why his form appears to have nose-dived over the past two years? 13 goals & 4 assists in 17/18 down to 1 goal & 3 assists in 19/20 in the league. He also only made 23 league appearances last season. The numbers are a bit concerning.

23 games out of 27/28 games (due to the curtailing of their season) isn’t too bad.

He’s form has definitely dipped though. Might just need a fresh start somewhere.

Always cautious of signing other teams cast off, but he could be a decent option in position we are crying out for some left footed creativity at the right price (e.g 10-15 million) or a loan with a purchase option.

Most likely is lazy journalism due to the other teams mentioned.

I get the comparisons with Gray, Traore is a pace and power type winger more than a creative and skillful type. He is also incredibly inconsistent just like almost all our attacking players bar Vardy. 

If this is as good as we are going to get then we can't expect to be improving as a consistent force for an entire season, that said he's no duffer and would at times be very good for us. But we want more than that, we've been sold a dream under this Rodgers era and given how we slumped so badly last season it'll be unnerving if we appear to be carrying on the same process. We need quality, however difficult it is to find. 

We need strong characters too, Rodgers can and will improve players but you cannot teach the mental toughness and will to win quite so easily, plus I actually think that's Rodgers weakness himself under pressure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, majaco said:

Demarai Gray has qualities.  He made some good contributions last season.  He could do more.  If he remain s a Leicester player, we should back him.

If Traore improves our squad excellent.

Dismissing Traore as another team's Demarai Gray is discombobulating.   A current player and a potential signing both maligned in one post.

He's been here 5 years and hardly progressed, I'm not holding out hope for Gray.

As for calling Bertrand Traore Lyon's Gray, he is a pacy, technical winger who is maligned by the fanbase for consistently failing to build on his lack of end product, year after year. They share very similar profiles, with regards to what they mean to their respective clubs. I would rather start next season with Perez at right wing than sign Traore for it, if it meant we spent the money somewhere else. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nicolo Barella said:

He's been here 5 years and hardly progressed, I'm not holding out hope for Gray.

As for calling Bertrand Traore Lyon's Gray, he is a pacy, technical winger who is maligned by the fanbase for consistently failing to build on his lack of end product, year after year. They share very similar profiles, with regards to what they mean to their respective clubs. I would rather start next season with Perez at right wing than sign Traore for it, if it meant we spent the money somewhere else. 

Traore is more Zaha than Gray IMO just without the bum sniffing Zaha gets from fans and media.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Traore is more Zaha than Gray IMO just without the bum sniffing Zaha gets from fans and media.

Yeah. I'm not saying they're the same player, but both fanbases are unhappy starting either player, because of a lack of end product. That's where the similarities lie for me. We may as well re-sign Gray to a new contract instead of signing Traore, it would be cheaper and bear similar results.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Yeah. I'm not saying they're the same player, but both fanbases are unhappy starting either player, because of a lack of end product. That's where the similarities lie for me. We may as well re-sign Gray to a new contract instead of signing Traore, it would be cheaper and bear similar results.

Yeah I'm not sold on Traore, that said he will be available for a knock down fee. Way less than £20m, Lyon need funds and its highly likely they haven't got European football next season unless they win the CL 😂

He would be a last ditch signing in late September if we haven't managed to get Trincao or another top target. Whats David Neres up to these days? 🤪

• Sad 1