Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Pre-season 2020

Very very little news of any substance coming out of the club at the moment, but we must be lining up some behind-closed-doors games against local clubs to get us match-ready.

Anyone heard anything? Know when pre-season is due to start?

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Would be surprised if they even both to announce them to be honest. No point if fans can't go and if they did announce some they'd risk a few hundred turning up. 

I imagine they’d stream friendlies on the website... but whether they’re free to watch or not 🤷🏻‍♂️

10 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Would be surprised if they even both to announce them to be honest. No point if fans can't go and if they did announce some they'd risk a few hundred turning up. 

That would make sense, but you'd hope they'd tell people they were available for streaming or something.

I don't know...like many I definitely needed a break from football, but it feels like the club is being extra quiet at the moment.

3 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Income situation is a little different now though isn’t it? 

Wouldn’t be surprised if there was a charge this year - say £3 per game or get access to all the pre-season games for £10

I would be surprised - it would hardly raise anything in the grand scheme of things. 

3 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if there was a charge this year - say £3 per game or get access to all the pre-season games for £10

Paying a tenner to watch some pre season games will make no difference to the finances of the football club lol 

12 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

The friendlies were streamed free last year weren't they? 

I would pay a small fee to help to-cover the cost of staging the games.  The club may need every penny of revenue going forward with no real signs of this dreadful pandemic going away.

21 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Potentially next week? Less than a month until the season starts as of tomorrow isn’t it? 

Wouldn't be surprised if games were played on the same day again like last year ( was it wolves and Barnsley / Rotherham?) due to the time scale. 

I guess it will be more about bedding in any new players (?) than a fitness thing. 

On 12/08/2020 at 09:00, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I'm not sure us paying a couple of quid to watch friendly matches is going to significantly improve the overall finance position. 

Just contemplating our finances. Although we're obviously quite a lot of revenue down with no fans attending matches, would there be quite a few cost savings or at least reduced to offset against that? Stadium running costs, emergency services costs?

The first team were all booked up to go Austria Saturday but it is cancelled !!! Due to the risk of 14 day self isolation the risk was not worth it . They are staying here and pre-season is at Belvoir Drive . Also there's rumour that a new team is being thought of ,that fits in between 1st and u23's . I guess to acommodate the loanees returning ? If i find out about friendlies i will let you know . 

• Thanks 1

On 12/08/2020 at 13:11, UniFox21 said:

Why would he know about Palace's pre-season when he's moving to us? :thumbup:

Pre-season and the transfer window only really start once we're linked with Andros Townsend, and we all come on here to have a good moan about it.

On 13/08/2020 at 22:35, jamesmilner said:

The first team were all booked up to go Austria Saturday but it is cancelled !!! Due to the risk of 14 day self isolation the risk was not worth it . They are staying here and pre-season is at Belvoir Drive . Also there's rumour that a new team is being thought of ,that fits in between 1st and u23's . I guess to acommodate the loanees returning ? If i find out about friendlies i will let you know . 

If only someone had thought of a team between the youth team and first team before.

Maybe you could call it the reserves or something like that. The idea might catch on. Then you could have a decent league where they all play each other.

Add some cheer leaders and charge a quid entry and hey presto...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

If only someone had thought of a team between the youth team and first team before.

Maybe you could call it the reserves or something like that. The idea might catch on. Then you could have a decent league where they all play each other.

Add some cheer leaders and charge a quid entry and hey presto...

Try drinking more Fosters it might make you funny !  Your 'reserve team' has no league to play in .

Edited by jamesmilner