Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Pre-season 2020

8 hours ago, jamesmilner said:

Try drinking more Fosters it might make you funny !  Your 'reserve team' has no league to play in .

Come on buddy, no one outside England drinks Fosters.

The joke wasn’t on you, more the fact this idea of a reserve team comes up again and again at different points. We had a perfectly good reserve league, which was well attended and enjoyable to watch.

With the bigger squads in football now it could be even more popular. 

I remember 20,000 a couple of times at Filbert St for family night football.

It would be great for the Premier League to bring it back as a step up from u23

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Come on buddy, no one outside England drinks Fosters.

The joke wasn’t on you, more the fact this idea of a reserve team comes up again and again at different points. We had a perfectly good reserve league, which was well attended and enjoyable to watch.

With the bigger squads in football now it could be even more popular. 

I remember 20,000 a couple of times at Filbert St for family night football.

It would be great for the Premier League to bring it back as a step up from u23

Wait people in England drink fosters? Scratch that, people drink fosters? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/08/2020 at 17:53, woollett the bullet said:

Wouldn't be surprised if games were played on the same day again like last year ( was it wolves and Barnsley / Rotherham?) due to the time scale. 

I guess it will be more about bedding in any new players (?) than a fitness thing. 

New players? We're getting some new players??

Can"t see it myself.

Leicester City to visit Championship side in pre-season friendly
Leicester City's preparations for the new Premier League season are beginning to ramp up with first-team players expected back at Belvoir Drive over the next week

ByJordan Blackwell
22:34, 14 AUG 2020

Leicester City will play Birmingham City in a behind-closed-doors pre-season friendly.

Some first-team City players are expected back at the club’s Belvoir Drive training ground on Saturday and preparations for the new season will ramp up from there.

Getting the squad ready for the Premier League’s September 12 kick-off will include pre-season fixtures, and it is understood City will head to Birmingham’s Wast Hills training ground for a behind-closed-doors game in the lead-up to the campaign.

A date for the fixture has not yet been announced.

The Championship club recently appointed former Middlesbrough and Nottingham Forest boss Aitor Karanka as their manager following Pep Clotet’s departure just before the end of the last season.

The Spaniard hinted at the friendly in his debut press conference as Blues boss on Friday afternoon.

Asked about the young gems in his new squad, Karanka replied: “We have 20 to 22 players and a few of them from the academy. They are training really well.

“If you don’t know them, you wouldn’t notice if they are from the academy or the first team. Let’s see when we play against Tottenham or Leicester, but in the training sessions, I’m really pleased with them.”

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-visit-championship-side-4427610

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Surprised we haven’t seen a picture special for the first day back like there usually is. Could be to do with players missing increasing speculation? Trialists? New signings not yet announced as official?

I was thinking the same, most other clubs have done this now too....

1 hour ago, Lesta2014 said:

Surprised we haven’t seen a picture special for the first day back like there usually is. Could be to do with players missing increasing speculation? Trialists? New signings not yet announced as official?

The reports I've seen said 'some players' back to training. Vardy &  others were still posting holiday photos on Sunday. Maybe the first |X aren't actually back yet.

24 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Maddison was back in today, he posted a picture on his story

And I think the reason why we've not seen any training photos is because he has the betting company Parimatch plastered on his training shirt.

Club will probably be waiting to announce that new partnership with a press release first.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jeffschlupp said:

And I think the reason why we've not seen any training photos is because he has the betting company Parimatch plastered on his training shirt.

Club will probably be waiting to announce that new partnership with a press release first.

Which could explain why the training kits available to buy are unbranded other than Adidas

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Would make sense, even though I detest betting companies being our sponsors

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I meant to watch our under 23s play away 😂

I did attend a LCFC U23 away game once, because entry was free and it was about a 15 mins walk away lol Not everyone lives in Leicester

Edited by brucey
  • Like 1

On 17/08/2020 at 22:14, Gamble92 said:

Out of interest who on earth were those 20 odd fans we have who went to the away EFL trophy games? I can't imagine being that committed. 

Some of them might have gone to get the grounds 

Just now, Lesta2014 said:

I wonder if there’s an u23 winger who can step up! Ndukwu to finally fill the hype from his early academy days? Tyrese shade? Don’t know enough/seen enough about either to form an opinion either way! 

Terell Pennant is the one most likely. Shade hasn't kicked on last season but hopefully still young enough to do so.