Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Pre-season 2020

2 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

There’s two pennants in academy isn’t there? Guessing terell the oldest of the two?

Yes. Kian is only 15/16 and already been scoring almost every appearance he had for the U18's last season. Both versatile winger/forwards. Nephews of Jermaine Pennant.

• Like 1

On 16/08/2020 at 08:48, davieG said:

Leicester City to visit Championship side in pre-season friendly
Leicester City's preparations for the new Premier League season are beginning to ramp up with first-team players expected back at Belvoir Drive over the next week

ByJordan Blackwell
22:34, 14 AUG 2020

Leicester City will play Birmingham City in a behind-closed-doors pre-season friendly.

Some first-team City players are expected back at the club’s Belvoir Drive training ground on Saturday and preparations for the new season will ramp up from there.

Getting the squad ready for the Premier League’s September 12 kick-off will include pre-season fixtures, and it is understood City will head to Birmingham’s Wast Hills training ground for a behind-closed-doors game in the lead-up to the campaign.

A date for the fixture has not yet been announced.

The Championship club recently appointed former Middlesbrough and Nottingham Forest boss Aitor Karanka as their manager following Pep Clotet’s departure just before the end of the last season.

The Spaniard hinted at the friendly in his debut press conference as Blues boss on Friday afternoon.

Asked about the young gems in his new squad, Karanka replied: “We have 20 to 22 players and a few of them from the academy. They are training really well.

“If you don’t know them, you wouldn’t notice if they are from the academy or the first team. Let’s see when we play against Tottenham or Leicester, but in the training sessions, I’m really pleased with them.”

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-visit-championship-side-4427610

I could just about walk to the Birmingham City training ground from my house - so near yet so far... 

52 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

No training pics just yet, which seems odd. Any ITKs know why news is so quiet from the club right now? Feels a bit eerie.

Gotze and Malang Sarr have asked for them not to publish any photos until they break it to their families that they've got to move to Leicester with them.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Gotze and Malang Sarr have asked for them not to publish any photos until they break it to their families that they've got to move to Leicester with them.

Thanks Ric - this is the content I needed.

It's the hope that kills you, eh? 🤞

• Haha 1

On 12/08/2020 at 20:13, mozartfox said:

I would pay a small fee to help to-cover the cost of staging the games.  The club may need every penny of revenue going forward with no real signs of this dreadful pandemic going away.

Im sorry but... are you aware of the value of our club and owners?

My 10 quid is not even a drop of piss in their pot.

14 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Im sorry but... are you aware of the value of our club and owners?

My 10 quid is not even a drop of piss in their pot.

?  No Club is going turn down any form of additional revenue, regardless of quantum.  

Just now, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Hearing rumours about 10 of our players are in isolation due holidays etc, barely anyone is training. Rodgers isn't happy :ph34r:

That makes sense from the sparse photos. Maybe it's a 5 a side wednesday 😂

To be fair I have sympathy, if true, given how quickly some of the quarantine changes came into place, although I guess they could have come home as soon as they knew. 

They all knew their return date though so common sense would have said have a holiday but make sure you're back.in the UK within 14 days of the pre season, just in case.

4 hours ago, Gevans_97 said:

Danny Simpson back training at the ground. Assume this is just in order to help him keep fit whilst he’s looking for a new club. if so, class from the club to look after him like that. 

Agreed. Still mystified why he didn't get a decent deal at a decent level club last season. I know he doesn't fit with where we've moved to formation wise but he's a good defender.

10 hours ago, Gevans_97 said:

Danny Simpson back training at the ground. Assume this is just in order to help him keep fit whilst he’s looking for a new club. if so, class from the club to look after him like that. 

Works for both sides I would imagine as we need some actual bodies in the training sessions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1