Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
thesilverbluefox

Same old dross every transfer window

What do the Foxes faithful think of transfer windows? Me personally find it frustrating year after year, reports that never turn into anything, rumours on signing players we can't afford, reports of signing mediocre players? 

We have been shrewed over the years in the market but would love one of these big stories to come true. Got unbelievable owners and i think the right manager but when we going to sign a big name that matches the potential??

What done us last year was strength in depth because we never had any? Losing Ricky and Madds with nobody with similar ability to step up to the plate. Not sure whats going on with Chilwell and getting boring reading.

Glad to see so called big teams cant hold us to ransom anymore either pay up or shut up eh!

Cheers 

Edited by thesilverbluefox
  • Like 1

You literally say in your second point that we have been shrewd over the years. What's the problem?

Perhaps going under the radar is an ingredient in that shrewdness? Or, more so, signing diamonds in the rough that would never get column inches even if we didn't keep it on the down low. Guess what? They're rising stars, valued below their imminent potential and it's the only way we can possibly conduct business. There is no other working model for clubs our size.

If tabloid stories and marquee signings are what, for some reason, make you tick, you're better off supporting United or Madrid. 

I mean what do you want to us to do? Declare our interest in someone like Foden and then what? Just go and get him? lol

In fact come to think of it I've become very frustrated with my pulling policy over the years. I don't know why I don't just let the papers know I fancy Rihanna and get her back to mine.

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, thesilverbluefox said:

Do the club just not have the pulling power to attract top players or just down to money?

After all we will have the best training facilities in Europe soon.

We've always struggled to attract players to the Leicester area to be fair.

It's also pretty clear that we are a "sell-to-buy" club.  I wouldn't expect any movement until Chilwell is on his way out the door.

Frustrating as I would have liked Top to get his credit card out and really look to make a statement this summer to try and freshen things up and get us all thinking positively after such a catastrophic 2020 thus far but it would appear that's not going to be the case.

I also wonder if Top is reluctant to give Rodgers any sort of war chest as he may need to pay him off in a few months....:ph34r:

2 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

We've always struggled to attract players to the Leicester area to be fair.

It's also pretty clear that we are a "sell-to-buy" club.  I wouldn't expect any movement until Chilwell is on his way out the door.

Frustrating as I would have liked Top to get his credit card out and really look to make a statement this summer to try and freshen things up and get us all thinking positively after such a catastrophic 2020 thus far but it would appear that's not going to be the case.

I also wonder if Top is reluctant to give Rodgers any sort of war chest as he may need to pay him off in a few months....:ph34r:

Yeah, so frustrating that the club is run sensibly.

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I think it's been made worse by how good they've been at keeping things under the hat this year. 

Even SFE is struggling with rumoutlra to run with in pretence that he has insider info.... 

Ofcourse it's good that they've stamped out the leaks but it's frustrating as fuch. 

Maybe they haven’t kept anything under wraps and there just isn’t any movement yet

• Sad 1

Finally! A place for all the Drama Queens to gather under one roof. I can feel the hemming and hawing and gnashing of teeth from accross the pond. Looking forward to this being the hottest thread on the forum. At least until we actually sign someone :plancque:

Big name players cost a lot of money, something we dont have a lot of thanks to FFP. If we made champs league then it could have been a different story as we would be able to attract a higher calibre of player and would also have more money to use. Also, signing 1 big star wouldn't help us fill the gaps in our squad. We have some very good players in our starting 11 but beyond that we are quite poor. Whilst we want to be signing quality, we also need quantity to improve the squad, so getting the balance right with that will be tough. If we sell Chilwell for £60m that should give us around £90-100m for new signings. But rather than getting 1 player that will cost £60m plus, we will need 3-4 £25m players or 1 at around £40m (a good attacker) and another 2 or 3 around the £20-25m mark. Also top players want top wages and we dont want to go upsetting our squad and putting new signings on higher wages than our current top players. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

It's got absolutely nothing to do with the chairman getting his credit card out. The club will spend what is available.

Wish you could post your excellent comment from 8 hrs ago on the Twitter thread. Might give the Drama Queens some pause.

14 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:
You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.
Marcus Aurelius

People need to chill out, no way should you be annoyed or suffering anxiety half way through a transfer window, should the club not have lived up to your high expectations. 

Trust the process. 

Alas...... If only the foxestalk members could be as stoic as Marcus Aurelius.

50 minutes ago, thesilverbluefox said:

Do the club just not have the pulling power to attract top players or just down to money?

Well if you're a top player, you have survived multiple academy culls, got the contract, then rose up to the top of your profession, it now offers you the chance to live in really cool cities, as a demi God playing for an elite side, say you have all that laid out before you  ...

Do you chose to go live in Leicester   ? 

39 minutes ago, Danny280995 said:

Dont have the money simple as that, signing will be average players and that's it

Going to take; winning trophys / staying in the top 6 / a solid foundation financially / attract commercial success , now lets do that for the next 10 years then well attract top players.. btw not talking at you danny but, those who are fed up of shrewd transfers and not getting the the exciting transfer.. take a sip of realisation please, weve only just begun. K thanks

To answer the OP's opening statement... it's none of my business and, given I have zero influence or control over ins and outs at the club, I choose not to be hooked by the various media that want to distract me with their half-truths and innuendo. Goodness knows what their agenda are, other than selling units and getting clicks, but I'm not playing.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, thesilverbluefox said:

The reality is no one Outside of those making the deals know our targets and so you can’t make the assumption that we don’t have the pulling power to attract top players.

Would we be willing to pay the fee for a top player and the wages they’d want? That’s a different thing altogether.

As an aside, I think when we were trying to sign Tielemans it was mentioned by the club that we had phone calls from several agents all claiming they represented him, so there’s that aspect to work through too.