Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
thesilverbluefox

Same old dross every transfer window

MA doesn’t score or assist... We love his work rate and he gives 100% every time he takes to the pitch but he lacks any quality...I think you must rate our existing wingers more than I do.. The two wingers we ought to sign would be better than what we have... competition for places..
Barnes, I like...had some great games last season but some stinkers also..we can put that down to experience...he will get better..

When everyone is fit, We have 7 guaranteed starters... Kasper, Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu Ndidi Maddison and Vardy... The other positions we need quality additions..

• Like 3

On 20/08/2020 at 23:05, thesilverbluefox said:

What do the Foxes faithful think of transfer windows? Me personally find it frustrating year after year, reports that never turn into anything, rumours on signing players we can't afford, reports of signing mediocre players? 

We have been shrewed over the years in the market but would love one of these big stories to come true. Got unbelievable owners and i think the right manager but when we going to sign a big name that matches the potential??

What done us last year was strength in depth because we never had any? Losing Ricky and Madds with nobody with similar ability to step up to the plate. Not sure whats going on with Chilwell and getting boring reading.

Glad to see so called big teams cant hold us to ransom anymore either pay up or shut up eh!

Cheers 

I just ignore every transfer rumour and wait for an official announcement. It's a peaceful time.

we aren’t a club like Man U who feel the need to tickle their fanbase through the window. They have a global machine that needs feeding when there is no football. So they actively encourage rumours to keep the clicks and interest going. 

our transfer dealings are very private.  We would only leak information if we felt it would help and that would be a very rare situation. The fans are the last consideration of the club in transfer dealings ......as a move is being negotiated, we will hear nothing (from our end for sure) and once it is close or done then the club will want to keep it under wraps for an unveiling. In the modern age of social media that last bit has become an almost impossible trick.

this part of the forum requires information on possible deals but I’m afraid the commercial DNA of those responsible at the club for handling this means we are poking around in the dark for clues - frustrating yes but sensible to avoid losing a potential target. 

• Like 1

Arguably we need bodies more than any of our rivals right now and yet there seems to be an ominous silence on that front. 

Just wolves, Utd and ourselves without any movement so far. Wolves are about to sign AMN.

So it’s a race between us and united again. 

Just now, SecretPro said:

Just don't understand why in recent windows we leave business until the last minute - it effects the start of the campaign. Get the business done early, get them in training, give them a pre-season and then they get in the starting 11 for match day 1 - which means less chopping and changing with the starting 11 in the first months of the season, more settled players, a better grasp of the tactics and style of play.

It really ****ing grates on me.

I agree pal.  As I have just put in a joke twitter I think we’ll get Martin Kelly and Wilfred Zaha and a player from Queen of the South as ‘one for the future’ oh and a defensive midfielder, 19, from Nice who we will never see play.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Really can’t see any incomings before the start of the phoney season. Football is nothing without fans. 

Are we trying to sign fans now? We really have hit rock bottom.  

If Justin gets injured we could start the season with Fuchs, Simpson (if we are desperate enough to bring him back) and Albrighton if Perez is on the naughty step. That'd be a laugh.

Edit. Morgan as well!! Lol

Edited by lgfualol

21 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Woke up

Checked the transfer forum 

Realised it’s likely to be just another day on the hamster wheel chasing after fvck all

Had a good sit down with my hamster and we discussed the apparent futility evident in you statement in bold.

I was relieved to hear that although it appears his ceaseless running is getting him nowhere, he is actually making great strides and further more was delighted to announce that he would be arriving at his destination in short order.

19 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Everyone checking the transfer forum for an update

C7615544-BDB7-4533-A56B-09ED16A9F3B4.gif.814930197310d0a0e8429e10b19f149f.gif

Not getting what they want instantly, forgetting transfer leaks from the club are as rare as rocking horse shit

4B161922-ED79-4128-B358-3D5E3D9D0761.gif.ec04c91436dcdced8cd3284c1ba99b5e.gif

Wondering why you keep reading through it all!!
0CFEC62C-1F1E-46FF-904A-3E47DD9BA400.gif.d6a562b4df65082f84b52a1ff5a9503e.gif

Whichever viewpoint you look at it from 😂
0333A8B9-C4D3-4756-9D0C-FA1D50544D8C.gif.0801a52e4a0bb2d0a2db1c8b71e499c6.gif

Are you stalking me? 

• Haha 1

On 25/08/2020 at 18:11, SecretPro said:

Just don't understand why in recent windows we leave business until the last minute - it effects the start of the campaign. Get the business done early, get them in training, give them a pre-season and then they get in the starting 11 for match day 1 - which means less chopping and changing with the starting 11 in the first months of the season, more settled players, a better grasp of the tactics and style of play.

We don’t leave it late in purpose. We’ve stated for years we want to do deals early. Ricardo, Evans, N’didi, Maguire were all tied up swiftly. 

Sometimes other clubs drag things out, sometimes players will, sometimes a deal you’ve worked on gets highjacked or the player is no longer available and you need to keep going down your list of targets.

We are working in a difficult market and I’d imagine we are aiming high with transfers. The problem is then you are competing with big clubs who have champions league football to offer etc.

• Like 3

On 25/08/2020 at 18:11, SecretPro said:

There's a pecking order. 

There's a reason that Man City and Chelsea have gotten to do their business so early and usually do. It's not hard to get players to sign for you, they can have who they want. 

There's gonna be players for whom Leicester isn't their first choice. Ngolo wanted to go to Marseille, Tielemans probably would have liked United or Bayern to make a move. 

You can choose to be triggered and sensitive about that or you can just accept that some of our targets are probably only going to come to Leicester if a better option isn't arriving. 

• Like 2

The club conducts its transfers coming in policy putting the club's interests before the fans. Rest assured there will be plenty of plan A B C D going on. Evans did an interview last year about joining us and said he was shocked that Ruskin I believe pointed out he had a mare 2 or 3  seasons before against Wigan. Ranieri made a point of when asking for a scouting report on the opponents they were so in-depth and he had managed at some of the bigger clubs in Europe. We must be monitoring hundreds of players so yes it might be annoying that we might be the last to know but let's not think the club are sat doing nothing.