Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
thesilverbluefox

Same old dross every transfer window

23 days till the season starts and we’ve not got anyone, understand it’s difficult but it’s always the same with us. We need to be better. I say we need 4 players I just can’t see us getting that many with the window we have I feel like again it might be a missed opportunity.

Most clubs are literally just coming back to training for pre-season now so I'm not surprised we've not seen a lot happen just yet.

I think given the current economic climate, a lot of clubs will be factoring that in to negotiations and probably being more cautious with their signings.

I also think there'll be kind of a domino effect, once one or two big signings are made there will probably be a knock on effect for other deals to go through. Still very early days in this window I feel.

9 hours ago, sheffield_fox said:

Alas...... If only the foxestalk members could be as stoic as Marcus Aurelius.

Let's be honest, most of foxestalk probably think Marcus Aurelius is an underwhelming left back from Empoli we're signing for 30m

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Let's be honest, most of foxestalk probably think Marcus Aurelius is an underwhelming left back from Empoli we're signing for 30m

Pfft Aurelius  :rolleyes:

We need Crassus for some sponsorship, no player would be beyond our reach

• Haha 1

The knock on effects of COVID was always likely to impact the transfer window. I think given that we're shelling out over £100m for a training ground means we have to cut our cloth accordingly. 

God knows how much Champions League money we missed out on too.

If you look around, there are several other Premier League clubs that haven't signed anyone either. Very boring 

24 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

The knock on effects of COVID was always likely to impact the transfer window. I think given that we're shelling out over £100m for a training ground means we have to cut our cloth accordingly. 

If you look around, there are several other Premier League clubs that haven't signed anyone either. Very boring 

Two.

Well with just 3 weeks or so until the start of the season we await our first Summer signing. I'm beginning to think we won't be bringing anyone in, let alone the quality we'll need to maintain a top 6, and compete in the Europa.

Considering our form and results since Christmas, strengthening is vital if we're to avoid the mediocrity of mid table or worse. Come on Brendan, Rudders, pull you finger out.

41 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

On the flip side we didn't spend the Maguire money, the training ground is being paid for by a 6 year loan and we earn £30m more for finishing 5th than we did the seasom before. We will also earn around £20m if we qualify from the group stages in the Europa League so I'd put us in a far better position than a lot of the PL.

• Like 2

The transfer window for fans is an wearying and disheartening process if you ask me. 

You get a lot of stories in the media but most of the time you don't know if they have any credibility and are just sifting through the rubbish.

Clubs have months to get things done but end up scratching around hours before the deadline trying to do deals. At least it creates a bit of drama though.

2 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

Most clubs are literally just coming back to training for pre-season now so I'm not surprised we've not seen a lot happen just yet.

I think given the current economic climate, a lot of clubs will be factoring that in to negotiations and probably being more cautious with their signings.

I also think there'll be kind of a domino effect, once one or two big signings are made there will probably be a knock on effect for other deals to go through. Still very early days in this window I feel.

Totally agree with that statement 

The only dross in the transfer windows is the 3 or so topics we get along these lines before we sign someone. Happens every single window.

It's summer. We'll sign people, we'll sell people. We always do. In January, we won't do much, if anything.

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

I believe it’s us, Palace & Everton, but can’t currently remember which website list all PL transfers, by club, this window.

I looked a at a list yesterday that said Aston Villa, Burnley and West Ham have made 0 signings and Man United's and Wolves signings were already agreed in January. (Ighalo and Matheson)

For what it's worth I'm annoyed that we haven't brought anyone in yet, but there aren't many clubs that have been that active. 

17 hours ago, thesilverbluefox said:

Do the club just not have the pulling power to attract top players or just down to money?

After all we will have the best training facilities in Europe soon.

Location location location 

young and rich, unfortunately Leicester is not going to be you’re dream destination 

8 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

You can't buy what you can't afford and you can't buy someone who doesn't want to come or someone who's club doesn't want to sell. We're still not that attractive a prospect for a foreign player of a certain standing despite what our supporters think. At least the new space age training facilities will be easier on the eye than a walk through our shit hole of a city 😅

It perhaps also wouldn't help matters that to an agent or player, our last half of the season performance make us, from an outside perspective looking in, like a team with a manager taking us more towards the relegation zone than to the Champions League. As a team that's known to get through its fair share of managers, any agent will be looking at Rodgers and be thinking that if he doesn't have a half decent start to the season, he's history, which is potentially unsettling for the longish term ambitions of a young player.

Yes of course! But you can buy what you can “afford” (which is substantively a relative term in these matters) and someone who “wants” to come (another substantively relative term) or someone whose club “wants” to sell (see previous parentheses). lol Unless you are arguing that we cannot afford any “good” players (yet another relative term in reality), no good players want to come to City and no club would sell good players to us. 

There’s a distinction between elite players (who I am personally not interested in) and the large mass of good to very good to excellent players and prospects out there, and we can certainly “afford” the latter (see Tielemans, Maddison, Ricardo, and even Perez whom IMHO we overpaid for but that’s a different discussion). It would be oxymoronic (footy-wise) to splurge on the coach and training facilities but not adequately invest in playing staff.

Meanwhile, you underestimate the attractiveness of the EPL to lots of good foreign players, while overestimating their knowledge of our managerial turnover or that it makes that much of a substantive difference to them. Reality is that there is a whole mess of good players whose options are NOT Real Madrid, Bayern (or other such clubs) or Leicester City nor London or Paris (etc.) or Leicester. The city is not a primary decision matrix for many players.

Anyway, as I said elsewhere (there’s been way too many similar discussions on FT lol), I am not among those given to undue impatience and I believe (perhaps just merely optimistic) that there’s a lot of productive transfer-related activity going on in camera. Nonetheless, while the transfer window last till October 5, once the season starts it takes on a different dynamic. Thus, best to get players in before Sept 12 or risk another Ryan Bennett situation.

Edited by NaijaFox

Some great and valid replies, disappointing we literally threw a champions league place away, no team caught us we simply threw it away else the transfer window could be more inviting for some players to think about coming to Leicester. King Power have a serious amount of money and let's hope the devastation of covid ain't devastated the coffers too. Would love to see the Barcelona kid here for a couple of years and do think there will be more departures than arrivals 😫

• Like 1