Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Season Tickets

2 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I do wonder where some of our fans will draw the line. They've been brainwashed by free hats, scarves and beer and now believe that the club can do no wrong. I'd actually be more comfortable with honest ticket price rises than adding sly little costs such as admin fees and this £70 "financial commitment" from season ticket holders. 

I knew the skewed costs in football was just part of the game but it does grate on me when I see the bootlicking fans arguing that the club "needs" our money when Maddison is signing a new deal worth £100k a week and was probably racking £60,000 bar bills just as Maguire has. It's getting harder and harder to feel that connection to it. That's another discussion altogether but I'm finding the continual rise in cost of football coupled with the rise of wages attrocious.

The £70 counting towards towards something is enough for me renew, but even prior to the pandemic I found that I was starting to love football less and less. That's after one of our best ever seasons too.

The BIB makes me lol tbh. Last season our precious gate receipts accounted for 8.2% of the club's turnover. Commercial revenue accounts for 3.8% of turnover. Even combined, your club clobber and your tickets account for 12% of the clubs turnover.

In fact, our gate receipts total of £14m pays the wages, based on last year's finances, for about six weeks. SIX WEEKS. We're the tiny tadpoles in the giant pacific ocean now guys, this isn't 1991 anymore.

What money do the club need? I think the £127m (71%) of income is exactly what the club "needs." The club needs to be playing in the PL and not giving rebates to the broadcasters.

I'm so sick of people thinking this club is some kind of charity, or a club on the breadline. We're a footballing behemoth in financial terms. Sorry, it's not our job to keep the club afloat anymore. You're supporting a football team and an international brand.

this whole thing was a poor idea from the clubs point of view - they don't need £70 from each ST holder. They don't need to charge full matchday prices.  The introduction of loyalty points was ridiculous... I can hardly go to the forest shop just coz they offer better fringe benefits.  The commercial/retail decision making undrmines the club. Very poor.

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Speaking to the people who defended this, I'd be genuinely interested to know: 

- What you'd happily pay up front with no guarantee of any football this season. 

- What the club would need to do for you to actively speak out against them. 

I forgot to add the weird King of Thailand stuff. Parading his photo after we won the league and then that tribute we gave to him, as if he was a club legend. 

People rightly questioned it and were met with it "well we won the league, if that's what they want to do, so be it!"

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I forgot to add the weird King of Thailand stuff. Parading his photo after we won the league and then that tribute we gave to him, as if he was a club legend. 

People rightly questioned it and were met with it "well we won the league, if that's what they want to do, so be it!"

contrast with our blind loyalty to our own royal family... the intellectual heavy weight prince William is providing strategic input the the FA... lord help us....  yet no one protests

Edited by foxinsocks

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

I do wonder where some of our fans will draw the line. They've been brainwashed by free hats, scarves and beer and now believe that the club can do no wrong. I'd actually be more comfortable with honest ticket price rises rather than adding sly little costs such as admin fees and this £70 "financial commitment" from season ticket holders. 

I knew the skewed costs in football was just part of the game but it does grate on me when I see the bootlicking fans arguing that the club "needs" our money when Maddison is signing a new deal worth £100k a week and was probably racking up £60,000 bar bills just as Maguire has. It's getting harder and harder to feel that connection to it. That's another discussion altogether, but I'm finding the continual rise in cost of football coupled with the rise of wages atrocious.

The £70 counting towards towards something is enough for me renew, but even prior to the pandemic I found that I was starting to love football less and less. That's after one of our best ever seasons too.

Same here.

Last season was my first as an ST holder after a few years paying out the nose as a member, including for tickets which i had to give away to family because I couldn't go (but still wanted the point). I'll pay the £70 to ensure I don't have to go through that whole process again, but it was touch-and-go until they announced that it would count towards next season if needed. I still think its extortionate (if its just a retainer then the upfront cost is pretty irrelevant so why not make it £30, for instance?) but at least it goes towards something. I definitely won't be applying for any matchday tickets at double my ST price, however, and I hope the same view is shared by most ST holders. Unfortunately there's more than enough people willing to pay stupid money that I can't see the club ever relenting on such a thing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Exactly my feelings on this 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xen said:

I definitely won't be applying for any matchday tickets at double my ST price, however, and I hope the same view is shared by most ST holders. Unfortunately there's more than enough people willing to pay stupid money that I can't see the club ever relenting on such a thing.

This is exactly my stance.

Unfortunately at the first opportunity, they only need 7500 people to pay MD pricing. Which they will quite easily get.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Bayfox said:

But they won't its blue and white. Pay or **** off great deal that.

And as I understand it for the last 25 years I've got some football in return for my money.

It must be an amazing position to be in to cough up for a family of 4 with no guarantee of any entertainment in return.

I understand that at the end of the day we will probably all end up paying. But the blind loyalty of some having spent 1000s of the years just strikes me as odd.

They would make an exception if you didn't have the money, i know that for certain

20 hours ago, Bayfox said:

But they won't its blue and white. Pay or **** off great deal that.

And as I understand it for the last 25 years I've got some football in return for my money.

It must be an amazing position to be in to cough up for a family of 4 with no guarantee of any entertainment in return.

I understand that at the end of the day we will probably all end up paying. But the blind loyalty of some having spent 1000s of the years just strikes me as odd.

Also, you do get something for your £70, you get it off your season ticket

8 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I'd be interested to see what it is actually is. On purely ticket sales, it's more like 45% they've lost. Matchday prices being more expensive than season ticket prices means they are on average making between £10 to £7 per available seat. However that's discounting the game in September we are unlikely to have anyone in. But also excludes the additional games of Europa League (which UEFA's latest move suggests there is a chance of home only reduced crowds) and cup games. 

Yeah that's true. Its probably not going to be a proportional loss but there will also be a loss at the bars, etc as I reckon queues won't be allowed to be as long to respect social distancing and service may be slower as staff make sure they adhere to social distancing rules. This is assuming that they even open at all. Don't know how many pints we sell on average a game and food, but it's gotta be a fair chunk of match day revenue. 

3 hours ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

Also, you do get something for your £70, you get it off your season ticket

Next season if theres no football played this season.

I have no interest in watching games with 4 people around me and in 1/3 full stadiums now I've taken stock.

So its £220 quid just to retain something for my family 1 of which has been held for 26 years.

And the club happily took my cash for 2, 2 year olds when the ground was empty. Some would see it as foresight and commitment and my kids had the chance to see PL and European football. 

Others would suggest I was mental if we had remained in the Championship or L1.

I guess it depends on perspective. But I'd argue the club has had enough 50 or 70 quids off me when in 2011 and could have brought 10 tickets round me.

I still haven’t paid mine, I’m still sulking. If I do (of course I will) I may enter a ballot, just to see what it’s like. I know it’s going to be shit but you can’t moan about it unless you’ve experienced it (says the twat who’s been a member of FoxesTalk for nearly 16 years :ph34r:)  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Katy said:

I still haven’t paid mine, I’m still sulking. If I do (of course I will) I may enter a ballot, just to see what it’s like. I know it’s going to be shit but you can’t moan about it unless you’ve experienced it (says the twat who’s been a member of FoxesTalk for nearly 16 years :ph34r:)  

Pretty much me as well.

I know there's about 1% chance the club will make another change in their stance about it all (the e-mail I received from the club wasn't that helpful to be quite honest!) but I'll give it another few days.

• Like 1

On 26/08/2020 at 10:28, Footballwipe said:

The BIB makes me lol tbh. Last season our precious gate receipts accounted for 8.2% of the club's turnover. Commercial revenue accounts for 3.8% of turnover. Even combined, your club clobber and your tickets account for 12% of the clubs turnover.

In fact, our gate receipts total of £14m pays the wages, based on last year's finances, for about six weeks. SIX WEEKS. We're the tiny tadpoles in the giant pacific ocean now guys, this isn't 1991 anymore.

What money do the club need? I think the £127m (71%) of income is exactly what the club "needs." The club needs to be playing in the PL and not giving rebates to the broadcasters.

I'm so sick of people thinking this club is some kind of charity, or a club on the breadline. We're a footballing behemoth in financial terms. Sorry, it's not our job to keep the club afloat anymore. You're supporting a football team and an international brand.

This is why I don't think there is any rush to extend the stadium, It'll take years just to breakeven.

Phoned up my mate ted (79.. lifelong foxes fan and st holder)... he had no idea that he needed to call in and pay to renew his ticket. 

Yet the club can mail us bits of crap. 

How about they write to us by post or email  rather than expect st holders to regularly check the news on the website to see if the club have a vital message.

Edited by foxinsocks

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

Phoned up my mate ted (79.. lifelong foxes fan and st holder)... he had no idea that he needed to call in and pay to renew his ticket. 

How about they write to us by post or email  rather than expect st holders to regularly check the news on the website to see if the club have a vital message.

we've had a couple of emails to be fair. 
probably not what a 79 looks out for though. 👍🏻 

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Have I missed something? I renewed my st's online... selected quantity of 2 and assigned individual owners.

3 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

We've had emails but tbf a 79 year old probably wouldn't use email.

I'd like to think the club will be ringing the 500 or so that haven't renewed when it gets close to the deadline.

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

We've had emails but tbf a 79 year old probably wouldn't use email.

I'd like to think the club will be ringing the 500 or so that haven't renewed when it gets close to the deadline.

Surely they'll check if people don't have an email address registered to their ST account and write to them?