Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1972 Fox

Where's the 'Ominous silence' thread gone?

6 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Can someone pm me what the hells been going on? lol

Events from this morning.

A deleted 'gobsmacking' post from @UpTheLeagueFox triggers LCFC conspiracists and the pretend ITK to go wild at what the news could be, while at the same time a man who cannot be named was let go by the club. Whilst at the same time a infamous tweet that no one seen but everyone seen apparently could be the truth but i dont think there ever was a tweet lol . 

Edited by les-tah

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

From what I saw personally and I was reading from the beginning to the point of deletion. I saw a couple of things that may of crossed the line which were quickly deleted and the rest were clearly tongue in cheek comments. 

It seemed to get out of hand because of a tweet people were eluding to and not actually posting. If that tweet was posted everyone would have seen how ridiculous it was, the thread wouldn't have got so messy and was not actually suggesting anything negative of the person involved so wouldn't have been libellous either. 

I just think there was a bit of an overreaction to what was being posted in the original thread and people are making it out like it was much worse than it actually was. 

Mods have better things to do than constantly watch the same thread in case somebody posts something which crosses the line. 

We all use this forum, usually for free, and most of the time we enjoy it. Whether it's true or proven false an expensive legal procedure could finish the forum off and put the owner out of pocket. It really isn't fair on him, nor is it much of a hardship not knowing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, egg_fried_rice said:

The chain of events was as follows:

- Ominous silence thread was started, suggesting that the lack of media output from the club was due to potentially worrisome happenings behind the scenes.

- @UpTheLeagueFox posted a comment about their being some news coming out the club which would leave us all 'gobsmacked' (which I bet he now regrets lol).

- People started speculating wildly, mostly tongue in cheek, about what the news could be.

- It was rumored that Dave Rennie had left the club, which has since been confirmed by John Percy. Surprising perhaps, but gobsmacking? Maybe.

- People continued to speculate about what the gobsmacking news could be, and a couple of posters referenced a tweet doing the rounds.

- Some posters found the tweet while others couldn't and there was a large influx of posters requesting DMs of the twetet. The tweet was nothing more than salacious gossip about the sex life of one our players posted by a twitter no-mark. Not gobsmacking, important, or likely to affect our club in anyway at all. However, the tweet (since deleted) was potentially libelous, which meant it shouldn't be shared.

- The lack of sharing combined with the gobsmacking comment meant that many posters worked themselves into a frenzy trying to find out the content of the tweet, despite the fact that the tweet was most certainly not the gobsmacking news and would have no relevance to the lack of media output from the club.

- People began to post the libelous content and the thread was canned. 

- The club started posting media content. Related to activity in the thread perhaps? Who knows.

- Posters who missed the initial thread are now finding half bits of information following the thread deletion, have no idea what is going on, and the pattern looks like starting again.

I suggest we all go back to refreshing the transfer forum and waiting for any announcements from the club as to whether or not there has been any gobsmacking goings on behind the scenes. It'll all come out in the wash soon enough if so!

This is the only bit anyone is interested in. lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

- Ominous silence thread was started, suggesting that the lack of media output from the club was due to potentially worrisome happenings behind the scenes.

- @UpTheLeagueFox posted a comment about their being some news coming out the club which would leave us all 'gobsmacked' (which I bet he now regrets lol).

- People started speculating wildly, mostly tongue in cheek, about what the news could be.

- It was rumored that Dave Rennie had left the club, which has since been confirmed by John Percy. Surprising perhaps, but gobsmacking? Maybe.

- People continued to speculate about what the gobsmacking news could be, and a couple of posters referenced a tweet doing the rounds.

- Some posters found the tweet while others couldn't and there was a large influx of posters requesting DMs of the twetet. The tweet was nothing more than salacious gossip about the sex life of one our players posted by a twitter no-mark. Not gobsmacking, important, or likely to affect our club in anyway at all. However, the tweet (since deleted) was potentially libelous, which meant it shouldn't be shared.

- The lack of sharing combined with the gobsmacking comment meant that many posters worked themselves into a frenzy trying to find out the content of the tweet, despite the fact that the tweet was most certainly not the gobsmacking news and would have no relevance to the lack of media output from the club.

- The club started posting media content. Related to activity in the thread perhaps? Who knows.

- Posters who missed the initial thread are now finding half bits of information following the thread deletion, have no idea what is going on, and the pattern looks like starting again.

I suggest we all go back to refreshing the transfer forum and waiting for any announcements from the club as to whether or not there has been any gobsmacking goings on behind the scenes. It'll all come out in the wash soon enough if so!

Excellent work.. Great recap for those new comers.

also at the same time perfect for the gossip to start again :nigel: lose lose situation here.

17 minutes ago, Webbo said:

1 person came right out and named names.

Exactly, it got taken down about 5 mins after that happened, was always likely to! That's me assuming you meant that 'handing out the back of' poster?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Mods have better things to do than constantly watch the same thread in case somebody posts something which crosses the line. 

We all use this forum, usually for free, and most of the time we enjoy it. Whether it's true or proven false an expensive legal procedure could finish the forum off and put the owner out of pocket. It really isn't fair on him, nor is it much of a hardship not knowing.

I understand that. I'm going to stop defending my point and I'll just agree to disagree with you. It's impossible to have this conversation without naming names because I'm unsure which bits were considered to be defamatory. If it was the tweet I don't see that as defamatory in any way if it was something else fair enough. I'm just going to stop before something slips out and I get myself a ban.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaspa said:

Rennie's been head physio since the Mo'N days, very odd if he's gone. Can't find the Percy confirmation on that anywhere either, in a paper?

It's mentioned in the story about Chilwell on his twitter. Just says he's left in a backroom reshuffle

Edited by peach0000

I understand that. I'm going to stop defending my point and I'll just agree to disagree with you. It's impossible to have this conversation without naming names because I'm unsure which bits were considered to be defamatory. If it was the tweet I don't see that as defamatory in any way if it was something else fair enough. I'm just going to stop before something slips out and I get myself a ban.

It was a post where someone took the contents of the tweet and added on bits and named names. Quite simple really. 

2 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Rennie's been head physio since the Mo'N days, very odd if he's gone. Can't find the Percy confirmation on that anywhere either, in a paper?

It was a sentence or two at the bottom of an article saying we'd agreed to sell Chilwell for 50.

its not that exciting mate

8 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Thanks mate. Seems like another day on Foxestalk. Cheers for catching us up

9 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

From what I saw personally and I was reading from the beginning to the point of deletion. I saw a couple of things that may of crossed the line which were quickly deleted and the rest were clearly tongue in cheek comments. 

It seemed to get out of hand because of a tweet people were eluding to and not actually posting. If that tweet was posted everyone would have seen how ridiculous it was, the thread wouldn't have got so messy and was not actually suggesting anything negative of the person involved so wouldn't have been libellous either. 

I just think there was a bit of an overreaction to what was being posted in the original thread and people are making it out like it was much worse than it actually was. 

You can't come out and name names on a public forum.

It's easy for people to say 'just post it', but when you're the one who's potentially going to be named for sharing it, you have to be careful. Likewise for the mods and Mark who runs this forum, if the info was posted on here, the player in question could quite easily take the owner to court for slander and/or defamation.

I don't think anyone was trying to be 'ITK', we just didn't want to post it and get ourselves or others into trouble. Sadly a few were annoyed that they couldn't see the tweet or whatever and once they found it, decided to start splashing names out, forcing the thread to be closed.

As an aside, people who work for the club do read this forum.

• Like 1

Anyway for whatever anyone thinks, its up to the mods/admins and Mark what is allowed to appear here under the Foxestalk banner. If they are uncomfortable with the content, or where a thread is heading, then they absolutely should delete it or lock it. Its simple really. They are responsible for it so they make the call.

There were also repeated warnings.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It was a post where someone took the contents of the tweet and added on bits and named names. Quite simple really. 

Oh okay, I know the one. Surely the normal course of action would be for mods to delete the particular post and warn/ban the poster rather than delete the whole thread. 

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Anyway for whatever anyone thinks, its up to the mods/admins and Mark what is allowed to appear here under the Foxestalk banner. If they are uncomfortable with the content, or where a thread is heading, then they absolutely should delete it or lock it. Its simple really. They are responsible for it so they make the call.

There were also repeated warnings.

surely the forum isn't liable if quoting other sources.. e.g posting a link to a tweet someone has posted?!?!