Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1972 Fox

Where's the 'Ominous silence' thread gone?

3 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

No but the treatment and management of them is? Could be or could be we move to new training facilities with some fresh blood? 

its become clear to the owners that congerton has nothing to do cos we aren't buying anyone due to being skint

so BR has dug up an old certificate from tees polytechnic showing that lee is actually a fully qualified physio !! 

bingo !  and bye bye dave

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...but we do have freedom of speech!!!

We can openly criticise the Government and would not be subject to being arrested. There is not a fear of being dragged from your bed in the middle of the night should you voice a complaint. Where commonsense comes in is, the use of  prohibition, in respect of, slander, inciting hatred, that constitutes incitement to discrimination, hostility or violence.

We are not in a dictatorship.....you really need to understand this, you cant say anything you feel like, you are not the only person in this world.

You've really missed the point here. There's different levels of freedom of speech. We have far stricter laws than most of Western Europe and are way behind America (not necessarily a bad thing America goes way to far) but at the same time we are not Saudi. All this is irrelevant to the point though. The tweet in question doesn't slander, incite racism, discriminate, isn't hostile or violent in nature anyway.

I'm not exactly sure why you're lecturing me on free speech though I'm aware of the laws and the varying levels of free speech in different countries.

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...but we do have freedom of speech!!!

We can openly criticise the Government and would not be subject to being arrested. There is not a fear of being dragged from your bed in the middle of the night should you voice a complaint. Where commonsense comes in is, the use of  prohibition, in respect of, slander, inciting hatred, that constitutes incitement to discrimination, hostility or violence.

We are not in a dictatorship.....you really need to understand this, you cant say anything you feel like, you are not the only person in this world.

Will you pipe down you absolute child.

I notice you do not support the forum, you enjoy it for free as do most.  We have the owner to thank for that opportunity, plus the mods he has lined up (volunteers as I understand it) to undertake a never-ending slog of keeping the forum on the right side of libel and slander laws.  NTM just ensuring members discuss other members and club employees as if they were human beings and not refuse. 

If you want your “freedom of speech” nirvana, put the cash and effort in and start a forum of your own, and assume the legal risks.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Will you pipe down you absolute child.

I notice you do not support the forum, you enjoy it for free as do most.  We have the owner to thank for that opportunity, plus the mods he has lined up (volunteers as I understand it) to undertake a never-ending slog of keeping the forum on the right side of libel and slander laws.  NTM just ensuring members discuss other members and club employees as if they were human beings and not refuse. 

If you want your “freedom of speech” nirvana, put the cash and effort in and start a forum of your own, and assume the legal risks.

...absolutely no idea where you are going with this!!!

I responded to a post suggesting that it is ok to post what ever you like. I do not agree with that, that is all.

I note you have resorted to name calling which is the first resort of a child (the irony) would undertake. Read the post again and read my reply, there is a limit to free speech!!!

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I responded to a post suggesting that it is ok to post what ever you like. I do not agree with that, that is all.

I note you have resorted to name calling which is the first resort of a child (the irony) would undertake. Read the post again and read my reply, there is a limit to free speech!!!

My post was about one specific post. Don’t put words in to my mouth. I never suggested anything should be allowed to be posted.

7 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

My post was about one specific post. Don’t put words in to my mouth. I never suggested anything should be allowed to be posted.

To what extent should free speech apply on a forum is a better question. I always think if anyone can post on it free speech should apply.

I know that's not the law and we don't have free speech in this country and can see why the owner of forums do what they do. They are put in a hard position.

...the above is your post!!!

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

To what extent should free speech apply on a forum is a better question. I always think if anyone can post on it free speech should apply.

I know that's not the law and we don't have free speech in this country and can see why the owner of forums do what they do. They are put in a hard position.

You're not allowed to spread lies about somebody.

I believe if somebody does think you're lying about them it's a civil case. The police won't arrest you for saying it.

Edited by Webbo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

You're not allowed to spread lies about somebody.

I believe if somebody does think you're lying about them it's a civil case. The police won't arrest you for saying it.

Mrs Vardy can probably confirm the rules in detail.

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

You're not allowed to spread lies about somebody.I believe if somebody does think you're lying about them it's a civil case. The police won't arrest you for saying it.

....have you mis-read my post!!!

I am not sure why I have received this reply sent to @peach0000

The post was a copy of his post from page 3.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

My point is that there are laws and standards which business owners like @Mark  must adhere to, whether or not they suit their (or others’) personal preferences. 

If his volunteer mods were to consider all the complaints of aggrieved posters who simply don’t like not being able to have their say the way they want to say it, they wouldn’t have enough time in the day.  So topics get removed and repeat offenders get banned, in real time, not with surgical precision.  I’m pleasantly surprised they find some degree of latitude.

Sounds like I misread you? and if so I do apologize.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Yes saying free speech should apply isn't the same as saying you should be able to anything. You're either deliberately misinterpreting what I said or are showing a lack of education on the issue. I can't tell what it is but I won't let you post lies about me.  

4 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Alan Sheehan. @Manwell Pablo

Detective Inspector Alan Sheehan to you.

Although if any tabloids are snooping around this thread and want an epic story of an average league one left backs savage stalking and intimidation of the internet’s finest football forum poster my rates are reasonable.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Haha 1