Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1972 Fox

Where's the 'Ominous silence' thread gone?

1 minute ago, waylander said:

Free speech has gone down with the democracy. We will all be in lockdown soooon ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™. Oppps we already are . ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ

Free speech is free speech, fair enough.ย But the thread had turned into gossip and sensationalismย all because of a tweet from some nobody making stupid 'my friends dad's mate said this' statements.

ย 

ย 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, waylander said:

Free speech has gone down with the democracy. We will all be in lockdown soooon ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™. Oppps we already are . ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ

To what extent do you think the principles of free speech apply to a privately owned football forum?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

If the parties choose to sue, it's the forum and it's owner who could be liable. It's only fair not to say anything on here.

Spot on.

ย 

That's why the majority of us didn't say anything specific nor put links up. It could potentially cause huge trouble for this forum further down the line.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

4 minutes ago, Guest said:

To what extent do you think the principles of free speech apply to a privately owned football forum?

To what extent should free speech apply on a forum is a better question. I always think if anyone can post on it free speech should apply.

ย 

I know that's not the law and we don't have free speech in this country and can see why the owner of forums do what they do. They are put in a hard position.

ย 

1 minute ago, FoyleFox said:

Someone at the club is paid to sit and read this forum? What a job lol

To be fair it would fall under the marketing departments remit. Some of the best marketing ideas are born out of listening to forums, maybe even popping on a few questions as a โ€œuserโ€ and getting direct feedback. Forums are a ****ing goldmine.

ย 

so yes... itโ€™s (part of) someoneโ€™s jobย 

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

To be fair it would fall under the marketing departments remit. Some of the best marketing ideas are born out of listening to forums, maybe even popping on a few questions as a โ€œuserโ€ and getting direct feedback. Forums are a ****ing goldmine.

ย 

In that case.

ย 

Reduce the match day fees you willy pullers!!

• Haha 1

To sum up....So the tweet was suggesting the ridiculous circumstances, in the extreme, that someoneโ€™s sexuality has come into question!ย 

So what! Who cares. itโ€™s 2020. Literally not news worthy.

ย 

Rennie has moved on. Ok. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ
ย 

Im more interested in what Geoff was stating is โ€˜gobsmackingโ€™ news. It must be interesting, as he saw fit to remove the comment? ๐Ÿค”

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, AjcW said:

ย 

In reality, I knew this. But still, what a job, reading all our thoughts for a living lolย  Mind you we do it for free :whistle:

2 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

In reality, I knew this. But still, what a job, reading all our thoughts for a living lolย  Mind you we do it for free :whistle:

I commented a while back that it's something the club clearly don't do enough of. I work in Marketing and i'm confident I could construct an entire years marketing plan for LCFC based off reading this place for a month or so during the summer.

Everything the club does wrong but might not realise is highlighted in here on a daily basis, from its comms to its retail. I'd say they've started to listen... but still aren't getting it quite right.ย 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

To sum up....So the tweet was suggesting the ridiculous circumstances, in the extreme, that someoneโ€™s sexuality has come into question!ย 

So what! Who cares. itโ€™s 2020. Literally not news worthy.

ย 

Rennie has moved on. Ok. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ
ย 

Im more interested in what Geoff was stating is โ€˜gobsmackingโ€™ news. It must be interesting, as he saw fit to remove the comment? ๐Ÿค”

ย 

Let's not go down this road but I don't think Rennie has 'moved on' and I think the wise man might be doing some critical thinking about his departure?

ย 

I would suggest there are tensions between a number of parties within the club. It is my suspicion that Geoff's hint at the gobsmacking news is the existence and potential results of these tensions! He obviously knows more than us so lets just wait and see...

ย 

Speculation etc is fine; but that tweet is a separate thing; has come from nowhere; is unverified and should not be discussed here.

ย 

I can't have any bearing of how you act or what you post, but please just think before you do post and bear in mind the potential ramifications of what is posted here. I can only foresee this thread being deleted also if it continues.

ย 

I cannot blame Mark etc for any conservative approach in this respect.