Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1972 Fox

Where's the 'Ominous silence' thread gone?

Just now, les-tah said:

surely the forum isn't liable if quoting other sources.. e.g posting a link to a tweet someone has posted?!?!

I have no idea, but if I owned the forum and stuff like that was being posted (very salacious) and then members were throwing names around, I think I'd err on the side of caution.

And also, I don't care - its the call of the mods/admins. Its a thankless task. They made the call. Good for them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, les-tah said:

surely the forum isn't liable if quoting other sources.. e.g posting a link to a tweet someone has posted?!?!

But once the link has been posted, people would then be repeating the information on here and in other topics. That would then mean that whoever sticks it on here and the forum owners could be liable for those comments.

Plus the lad who originally posted it on Twitter would have a case against him, yeah he shouldn't have posted it, but you still wouldn't want that on your hands (I wouldn't anyway).

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I've lost track of who said what to get banned lol 

(EDIT: don't want to kick things off again, just curious as to who it was, not what they said)

i was watchin the thread very closely and i cant figure out who said something naughty and worthy of a banning!  

Edited by les-tah

Just now, Fox92 said:

It is a shame about Rennie. I liked him. Head physio for a long time here.

I suspect there has been some kind of review about how many key injuries we got last season and he's been held responsible. Just speculation though. Has it been confirmed he was sacked not just left?

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

I suspect there has been some kind of review about how many key injuries we got last season and he's been held responsible. Just speculation though. Has it been confirmed he was sacked not just left?

That's quite far-fetched. Not every injury is a physio's fault lol 

1 minute ago, RoboFox said:

Proper weird thread, this.

I like a bit of goss as much as the next FoxesTalker, but nobody seems to have a clue what the goss actually is.

You can tell there's no football to talk about. 

Reading through the pages and was thinking exactly the same, still entertaining even though it’s not really about anything 😂

4 hours ago, peach0000 said:

To what extent should free speech apply on a forum is a better question. I always think if anyone can post on it free speech should apply.

I know that's not the law and we don't have free speech in this country and can see why the owner of forums do what they do. They are put in a hard position.

...but we do have freedom of speech!!!

We can openly criticise the Government and would not be subject to being arrested. There is not a fear of being dragged from your bed in the middle of the night should you voice a complaint. Where commonsense comes in is, the use of  prohibition, in respect of, slander, inciting hatred, that constitutes incitement to discrimination, hostility or violence.

We are not in a dictatorship.....you really need to understand this, you cant say anything you feel like, you are not the only person in this world.