Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

UEFA Champions League 20/21

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Fairytale story headline if I've see one........

"Football, eh?" lol 

I mean it is pretty much the ills of modern football in a nutshell that we're watching a scruffy yoyo club vs a pretty new, historically irrelevant club in a European Cup semi Final. One owned by Dubai, the other Abu Dhabi, both as sports washing vanity projects. Both basically just playing with the money cheats on. 

It's a shame because they've both put together fantastic sides that are great to watch in a footballing sense. I mean it's not the players or coaches faults. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 4

Just now, Finnegan said:

I mean it is pretty much the ills of modern football in a nutshell that we're watching a scruffy yoyo club vs a pretty new, historically irrelevant club in a European Cup semi Final. One owned by Dubai, the other Abu Dhabi, both as sports watching vanity projects. Both basically just playing with the money cheats on. 

It's a shame because they've both put together fantastic sides that are great to watch in a footballing sense. I mean it's not the players or coaches faults. 

Yeah agreed.  Also yeah I don't blame the players or staff. Similar to whoever mentioned salary caps in the PL thread, it's not their fault money is chucked at them.

Just now, Finnegan said:

Narh, arguably doesn't change too much for PSG. They had to score two anyway, just means we could get extra time. 

Yeah but there’s no chance City aren’t scoring again against these  

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

The Poch effect 

Granted, his past record in that department isn't great. However, many of these players were like it before he got there. 

I sense I'm in the minority on here, but I'd rather Man City put them to the sword than the other way around. Either would be funny, mind you.