Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

UEFA Champions League 20/21

If Chelsea go through, just play the final at Wembley. Less covid risk, means some fans can go. Harsh on Istanbul, but I'm sure they'd rather host the final with travelling fans anyway.

2 minutes ago, Mrfox452 said:

Was thinking the same, what would we have achieved if Mahrez and Kante were still here. 

I think the 2 of wilf and Youri now is not all that weak when compared to Kante. But, barring the few months before barnes got injured riyad is head and shoulders above our other options out wide. Hypothetical though, of course. 

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Genuinely forgot Hart still played football, thought he'd retired for a moment 

He's six months younger than Schmeichel and look where their careers are now.

We should be eternally grateful Sven chose Hart at Man City because Kasper could've been their number one for years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Anyone else remember Knockaert being Mahrez's interpreter for interviews in the early days? Seems so long ago. 

I remember my Man U supporting mate asking me for any hidden gems in the newly promoted Leicester team for his fantasy football team and I told him about Mahrez despite Knocky's stats being better from our promotion season. Didn't think he'd win the league with us, Man City and score 3 goals over 2 champions league semi finals mind...

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

We should be eternally grateful Sven chose Hart at Man City because Kasper could've been their number one for years.

He wouldn't be their number one now though. As good as Schmeichel is, he's nowhere near good enough with the ball for a Guardiola team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Fair play, they spent gazillions, but you can't buy actually persuading Mahrez to track back, press and make tackles.

He had to start doing it didn't he? He'd have stayed in their 'B' team otherwise and only had cameos.

Now Mahrez appears settled there and Guardiola has confidence in him, he looks their most dangerous attacker. Adding work rate was going to be a must to play in their biggest games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

He wouldn't be their number one now though. As good as Schmeichel is, he's nowhere near good enough with the ball for a Guardiola team.

Not now, no. But if he'd been in their squad in 2011 there's no way we'd have got him and had that stability and quality for a decade.

BT were hypocritical to the core. 

Two weeks their pundits were raging about the six clubs. Now at least three of the same pundits are raving about Man City, how their owners have done things, how at board level they have worked. 

That’s before we get into the praise of their tactical fouling tonight and ‘JJ’s’ forgetful nature when it comes to his beloved Poch

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Hart had those 5/6 years at the top of the Premier League under Mancini and Pellegrini, but has pretty much been irrelevant since Pep took over 5 years ago, whilst Kasper didn't really come into the "big time" until 2015.

Hart had the until surge into excellence, whereas Kasper has had to be significantly more patient. 

Just now, FerrisBueller said:

Here’s a HOT TAKE - Neymar ain’t that good. Tears it up against shite teams and at Barca surrounded by world class players, bottles it against anyone half decent. Mardy little gimp too.

Just a Brazilian Dwight McNeil

Harsh on McNeill. He has some effect on the game in a poor team and works hard. Neymar is a rich mans Zaha. Looks flashy but has very little end product, tries to do it all on his own and fails and just spend most his time sat on his arse moaning.

• Like 1

One of the things I find utterly baffling about PSG is that in Paris they have a city what has traditionally produced some of the best talent in the world.

Alongside that France currently has the deepest national squad going but PSG ignore that to flood their squad was second level players on mega wages. 

Their squad has at best two starting Frenchmen and a couple of squad players. You telling me the likes of Moussa Dembele or Edouard couldn’t do better than Icardi or Kean in a support role for Mbappe?

Edited by Cardiff_Fox