Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

UEFA Champions League 20/21

Just now, Izzy said:

Personally, I don't mind a Man City v Chelsea final as it guarantees an English winner.

Whoever wins, it will leave English teams with 14 European titles and still trailing Spain who've won 18. 

My mild patriotism wants English teams to have the most CL titles than any other country I guess.

Personally while it’s great to see English clubs in the final, I don’t get the patriotic aspect as the English domestic game is full of global imports and are only English by the club they represent. Also with the amount of money the greedy six earn at least one should be in the final every other year. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Super_horns said:

All English final then in Champions league - might move the game potentially from Turkey ?

I think those who decide have already been asked and responded "definitely not."

• Like 1

Just now, Fox in the North said:

Personally while it’s great to see English clubs in the final, I don’t get the patriotic aspect as the English domestic game is full of global imports and are only English by the club they represent. Also with the amount of money the greedy six earn at least one should be in the final every other year. 

I take your point.

Even as a Leicester fan I enjoyed watching Liverpool dominate Europe in the 80's and even admired what Forest did. I also don't mind admitting I went a bit mental when Man Utd beat Bayern in 99.

Different times now though I guess...

• Like 1

Just now, Vacamion said:

I think those who decide have already been asked and responded "definitely not."

You can't really change a venue three weeks before the match because it's a bit far to travel.

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

I take your point.

Even as a Leicester fan I enjoyed watching Liverpool dominate Europe in the 80's and even admired what Forest did. I also don't mind admitting I went a bit mental when Man Utd beat Bayern in 99.

Different times now though I guess...

And Villa....

Just now, trabuch said:

And Villa....

Even as a midlander and Villa a localish rival, I thought it was amazing when they beat Bayern Munich in '82. That Villa team had some great players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

Even as a midlander and Villa a localish rival, I thought it was amazing when they beat Bayern Munich in '82. That Villa team had some great players.

All English and Scottish. And the Rimmer and Spink business. Ahhh - they don't make 'em like they used to. Kids today etc..

• Haha 1

I think Man City are the better team and have played the better football this season, but Tuchel may out-tactic Pep in a low scoring final.

If we win the FA cup, I truly won't care which of them wins the CL.

We have beaten both teams at various times this season already.  How many times have we ever been able to say we beat the Champions League winners in the season they won it?

Edited by Vacamion
  • Like 1